Legends of Pegasus

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
tod
Troll

Legends of Pegasus

Post by tod »

It's a pretty game that uses Ogre, although it's not advertising this. I'm not affiliated with it, but it looks very good, and the company that made it is bankrupt, mainly because they released it half finished, so it will probably disappear down the internet drain. Maybe some moderators could contact the people involved and provide us with some insight on the technology used, or some comments on why it failed so dramatically. Long story short, I think it should be known to the Ogre community.
[youtube]CdTOsYmAiG0[/youtube]
[youtube]bOSFevlELBA[/youtube]
[youtube]pnc760v7pXY[/youtube]
Screenshots here.
Jabberwocky
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: Legends of Pegasus

Post by Jabberwocky »

How'd you figure out it was Ogre-based - by looking at the .dlls and configs or something?

Yeah, it's a real shame the game wasn't released in a stable, complete state. It wasn't reviewed well. I really like some of the ship artwork and general design.

I really feel for small studios who are operating on a limited budget. Finishing a game is pretty much always more work, more time, more stress, and more money than you expect it to be. And if you run into publisher deadlines or financial trouble before you're finished - well, it sucks. I only made it through with Salvation Prophecy because I had no employees, no office, and lived in a cabin for most of the development.

Space games seem like a fairly popular choice among Ogre devs. I guess that makes sense, because it's really only indies who are making space games these days. And a solid, free, open source graphics engine like Ogre is a pretty good choice for indies. Plus, with space games you are less reliant on a pre-existing content pipeline, like you'd get with most commercial game engines.
tod
Troll

Re: Legends of Pegasus

Post by tod »

Usually the Ogre.log is a dead giveaway. :D But yeah, I look for the dll's and also take a peek at the materials.
As for the game it was completely unusable on release. I, for one, suspect a bad publisher pressuring the release, as the development team is a very small one, and these kinds of teams are not usually in for the big bucks, but really like what they do. In any case their story is bound to be interesting.