Cr Editor a simple scene editor [Beta available 1.1]

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
pinaster
Gnoblar

Cr Editor a simple scene editor [Beta available 1.1]

Post by pinaster »

DOWNLOAD BETA (1.1.0) UPDATED!!!

Beta Page

Video
[youtube]UaQphuWOc0c[/youtube]

What’s new
● New Xml file format
● Player launcher
● Default player included
● Objects hierarchy supported
● Editor grid
● User interface refinements

What is it?
A basic editor for beginners and people who don't need a professional one.It could be an useful tool to prototype.
The plan is to release the source code to everyone so it can be use as a basis for expansions.
We will use it as a base for our internal editor to be used in our next projects.
At the moment is just a prototype supporting a very small range of functions, it wil be improved but don't expect a real editor.

Release?
Q1 2013.
Open testing is expected for late February or March.

Beta Feature List:
● Entities editor (transformations, material, properties)
● User defined objects system
● Lights editor
● Particle systems support (Ogre scripts)
● Terrain editor (elevation, smoothing, texture painting)

Known Issues:
●Painting large areas causes sporadic crashes
●The terrain show only the first(in this build 4) blendmaps
●Object pitch and roll parsing from savefiles is not reliable
●Inspector user interface aligment is ugly.

Future Features:
●Level player
●More terrain brushes
●Binary save files
●Entities hierarchy
●Improved interface

You can find us here:

https://twitter.com/pinasterware
http://pinasterware.tumblr.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinaster/ ... ref=stream
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pinasterware

[youtube]Phraw82KFqg[/youtube]
[youtube]aztPwPkByts[/youtube]
Last edited by pinaster on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 17 times in total.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Cr Editor a simple and easy to use scene editor

Post by spacegaier »

Did you have a look at Ogitor? that might have saved you the trouble ;) .
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
pinaster
Gnoblar

Post by pinaster »

spacegaier wrote:Did you have a look at Ogitor? that might have saved you the trouble ;) .
Yes I did, but something that will use some editor features was supposed to be developed anyway. Ogitor seems great, and this one will have less features and hopefully will be simplier.
To be clear, this is something that was planned for other reasons and doesn't need to be closed source, so it will be released, if nobody will use it it's not a problem, it didn't cost me anything except for some weeks of work that I would have done anyway :)
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

ok i will wait for the source code in order to study it and see what i still dont know and apply to my editor!!
thanks i appreciate ur sharing this!
congratz :D
pinaster
Gnoblar

Post by pinaster »

Working again on Cr Editor after 3 months,

I''ve completely messed up the schedule, I've a strict deadline so it has to be fully functional with a really limited number of features in 2 weeks, so probably I will need some testers.

The development will keep going for a while after the deadline, mostly finishing the basilar features and polishing the ui and user experience, then the editor will be released with its source code and I will work on other projects. :D

Follow the development on https://twitter.com/pinasterware

Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

pinaster wrote:I''ve completely messed up the schedule, I've a strict deadline so it has to be fully functional with a really limited number of features in 2 weeks, so probably I will need some testers.
I'm interested in. I'm still searching for a good Ogre scene editor.
pinaster
Gnoblar

Post by pinaster »

[youtube]Phraw82KFqg[/youtube]

New video and new bugs! :D

Still a good amount of feature to add before the open testing starts (Planned for late february/march).
I must recall you that this editor is not aiming to be a professional editor like Ogitor but a simple and easy editor to be used to prototyp level and concepts.
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

Good stuff Pinaster,
i liked ur editor, i might get the source code to learn from it and create my own editor too if you allow me to do that OFC :D
good job tho,to me this is a perfect editor and it can become even more advanced if you r willing to go deeper and i think that it wouldnt be a big challenge(i just think i guess), i mean most of the useful features seems to be there thus no need for more advanced stuff unless you desire to have more detailed stuff...anyways...congrats!
Kind regards,
Romulo Romero
Nauk
Gnoll

Post by Nauk »

Looks good already :) It's fun to add more and more features and see it grow :)
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

Hi Pinaster,
come stai?
i am lookin for your editor s source code, will it be available at any time in the future? cause i visited your main website and there is no download available yet =(..
i am starting my own editor so i thought it would be a good idea to have a look at yours and i also need to have shadows on my terrain ,so i guess i could also get the code from your editor and implement that too!!
anyways, i look forward for replies :D
Kind regards,
Romulo Romero
pinaster
Gnoblar

Post by pinaster »

Blender+C++ wrote:Hi Pinaster,
come stai?
i am lookin for your editor s source code, will it be available at any time in the future? cause i visited your main website and there is no download available yet =(..
i am starting my own editor so i thought it would be a good idea to have a look at yours and i also need to have shadows on my terrain ,so i guess i could also get the code from your editor and implement that too!!
anyways, i look forward for replies :D
Kind regards,
Romulo Romero
todos bem.
The source code will be available some time in the future, I can't tell you when but I think you will have to wait for 3-4 months from now (no more than that), anyway if you need specific code samples I will give them to you, feel free to ask.
The code is going to have a big refactoring but at the moment we'are focusing on closing cr editor basic features and then develop other projects(pc and mobile
games).

Cr Editor beta testing is planned for this week end, we would like to have some testers (people willing to use it and give us feedbacks or report bugs), the download will be available on our website, follow our twitter or facebook accounts to be updated.

Beta Feature List:
● Entities editor (transformations, material, properties)
● User defined objects system
● Lights editor
● Particle systems support (Ogre scripts)
● Terrain editor (elevation, smoothing, texture painting)
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

Hi Dear Pinaster,
Sorry for the delay, coz i ve been kind of busy with college stuff ....but regarding the samples of code i d love to have some of it!!!!
i really need it in order to progress with my editor and ofc im willing to learn new skills so that would come in handy ^^
whenever you get ready for that let me know cause then i will send you my email via PM ok?
thanks in advance,
Romulo Romero
pinaster
Gnoblar

Post by pinaster »

Blender+C++ wrote:Hi Dear Pinaster,
Sorry for the delay, coz i ve been kind of busy with college stuff ....but regarding the samples of code i d love to have some of it!!!!
i really need it in order to progress with my editor and ofc im willing to learn new skills so that would come in handy ^^
whenever you get ready for that let me know cause then i will send you my email via PM ok?
thanks in advance,
Romulo Romero
of course send me a pm!

BETA RELEASED:

All the info here:
http://pinasterware.tumblr.com/creditorbeta

Also on reddit
pinaster
Gnoblar

Re: Cr Editor a simple scene editor [Beta available]

Post by pinaster »

DOWNLOAD BETA 1.1

Now you can save the scene and easily import it in your Ogre project or elsewhere. The file format is xml compatible and the beta includes the loader code. Being an xml file means that is readable, and could be parsed easily. It’s not the fastest option but you can convert it in another format if you want.

Also now you can test the level directly in your project clicking on the “Run button”.

What’s new
● New Xml file format
● Player launcher
● Default player included
● Objects hierarchy supported
● Editor grid
● User interface refinements