Online 3D Virtual fitting room - BETA test

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
macleod
Kobold

Online 3D Virtual fitting room - BETA test

Post by macleod »

Hello Ogre Community,

I'd like to announce the open beta test of the online version of my 3D augmented reality virtual fitting room application.
The new web player browser plugin enables you to experience Fitnect's 3D virtual mirror technology right in your web browser.
toogre1.jpg
toogre1.jpg (76.39 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
About the system:
Fitnect, a full customizable, powerful and easy to use augmented reality 3D fitting room system. Allows shoppers to virtually try on various clothes and accessories, giving the chance to preview products without trying them on physically.

Key features:
- Created with Ogre 1.7.4.
- 3D augmented reality virtual mirror
- Flash user interface with online WYSIWYG editor
- Kinect full body motion tracking
- Automatic user calibration, and size setup
- Web browser plugin
- Cloud based architecture
- Remote management
- Social sharing tools, facebook integration

Online demo:
http://www.fitnect.hu/online-demo

Photos, videos:
http://www.fitnect.hu/references

Have fun! And don't forget to share your photos!

Best Regards,
Adam Horvath
info@fitnect.com
Last edited by macleod on Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Re: Online 3D Virtual fitting room - BETA test

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Very nice!

How did you do the browser plugin integration? Firebreath? Or something on your own? :)
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

macleod that is really impressive.

I watched the vid of 'The fashion expo in Rio' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5z53pQdTE and was really interested to find out how do you handle the clothing deformation when the user moves around, is it some sort of physics 'soft body' thing?

How much effort does it take to add new clothing items into the system? Does it require someone to get in there with a 3D modelling tool to get the clothes just right (in terms of dimensions) or do you have a bunch of templates that a garment seller might use and then just skin up with the clothing pattern/colour?

How long did it take you to make? How big's your team?

I also liked how when they chose a new garment it would sort of 'fall' onto them and move around a bit, great touch.

I think you're going to have heaps of success with this. I could imagine it being a 'free' xbox app that suppliers (BRAND NAME, abercrombie etc) would pay you to have their wares available as DLC for customers. Add in some sort of payment/shipping system and BOOM, you'd be the 'Steam' of clothing.

Holy shit, I'm so impressed :D :D
macleod
Kobold

Post by macleod »

TheSHEEEP wrote:Very nice!

How did you do the browser plugin integration? Firebreath? Or something on your own? :)
It's made with Firebreath. The NPAPI version works fine, but the ActiveX version (for IE ) needs some work to do.
macleod
Kobold

Post by macleod »

areay wrote:macleod that is really impressive.

I watched the vid of 'The fashion expo in Rio' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5z53pQdTE and was really interested to find out how do you handle the clothing deformation when the user moves around, is it some sort of physics 'soft body' thing?

How much effort does it take to add new clothing items into the system? Does it require someone to get in there with a 3D modelling tool to get the clothes just right (in terms of dimensions) or do you have a bunch of templates that a garment seller might use and then just skin up with the clothing pattern/colour?

How long did it take you to make? How big's your team?

I also liked how when they chose a new garment it would sort of 'fall' onto them and move around a bit, great touch.

I think you're going to have heaps of success with this. I could imagine it being a 'free' xbox app that suppliers (BRAND NAME, abercrombie etc) would pay you to have their wares available as DLC for customers. Add in some sort of payment/shipping system and BOOM, you'd be the 'Steam' of clothing.

Holy shit, I'm so impressed :D :D
Thanks I am glad you like it!

1. The motion of the clothes are mix of skeletal animation and physical cloth simulation.

2. Clothes are standard textured 3D models created by "hand". (The 3D models were done by freelancers and small designer teams based on reference photos.) The plan is to use the models as templates in the future to speed up the process. Need to create many - many different models at the beginning.

3. The whole system is done by me, but of course I've used many 3rd party libraries done by others. Started around 2 years ago.

4. The XBOX version is something that I'd like to do, but it is not that easy. I am also not sure how to use Ogre on XBOX. Need to do the homework and the research.
Maybe someone here has experience in using Ogre on XBOX ?