Goodfolks - mobile & PC game

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
martin_prochazka
Gnoblar

Goodfolks - mobile & PC game

Post by martin_prochazka »

Hi Ogre folks!

We have released a new game for multiple platforms: iOS, Android (in progress), Windows, Mac and Linux. It's a mobile-first game, designed for tablets or high-end smartphones. Goodfolks is a follow up to Family Farm - a little country life sim with characters. There is only one big open ended scenario to play, where you are going to restore abandoned village. We have improved gameplay a lot. It's more a resource management game where you need to grow crops to feed animals, cook meals or choose selling them. More on the website.

[youtube]KmNwh5gvVb0[/youtube]

We have managed to get it working on all A4 based iOS devices and better (iPhone4, iPad1). This required huge effort and tweaking, but it also looks beatiful on retina iPads. You can download it for FREE on iOS starting December 5th. Please spread the word if you know someone who could be interested...

You can get PC version on our website. Coming soon to Desura, Mac App Store, Ubuntu SW Centre, etc.
Martin Prochazka
Hammerware, s.r.o.
follow us: @hammerware
Ogre3D projects: Family Farm, Goodfolks
Jabberwocky
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: Goodfolks - mobile & PC game

Post by Jabberwocky »

Looks great! Nice job on tackling so many platforms. Best of luck with the release.
bstone
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by bstone »

I really liked how Family Farm looked but this looks even more awesome. Nice job!
tod
Troll

Post by tod »

Very pretty graphics. Congrats.
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

Looks great, well executed graphical style.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
dudeabot
Gnome

Post by dudeabot »

looking forward for the android version :D
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

This week i am getting a few samsung devices and fixing the glitches there so maybe you can use my enhancments for your android version?
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Very impressive!

How did you manage to serve that many platforms? Did you use CMake for your project?
And what kind of tweaks did you have to do to make it run smooth on the mobile devices?
Sorry, I'm curious :D

Also, +1 for Android version (don't own any iOS devices).
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi

Post by DanielSefton »

Great work, congrats on making a simulation game on mobile which is more than 2D and isometric, I believe it's a step in the right direction :)

I'm jealous of your potentially cross-platform and touch-friendly UI solution, from what I gather it was custom written? Would you consider licensing it out? :)

Also, I have issues with Ogre on iPad Mini, the view is all squashed - have you guys tested it?
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by Slappy »

TheSHEEEP wrote:Very impressive!

How did you manage to serve that many platforms? Did you use CMake for your project?
And what kind of tweaks did you have to do to make it run smooth on the mobile devices?
Sorry, I'm curious :D

Also, +1 for Android version (don't own any iOS devices).
Having so many platforms is a sign of having good engine - which Ogre is! :)

Game look even better than Family Farm - but I am waiting for android version to test it!

Really nice work!
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/