Qantm Brisbane 2012 Game Projects

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Qantm Brisbane 2012 Game Projects

Post by Kojack »

Another year nearly over means another year of game projects at my college.
This year we had 13 games. 7 were Unity based, 1 was UDK, 1 was Cocos2d, 1 was a custom DX11 deferred engine and 3 used Ogre.
(Of course I'll only show the Ogre ones here, although the other games did great stuff too)

Shuriken by Hubris
Shuriken is a stealth / action game featuring a ninja. You sneak around, avoiding the sight of guards, to reach your target. Your main means of attack is a shuriken, which can be steered in flight to hit targets around corners or behind obstacles.
ImageImageImageImage

Death Beast by Evil Moustache
An rts style game where the player is an demonic leader. Your objective,is to capture humans before they can escape the map (via the subway). You can send swarms of flying death beasts to heard the humans around, then grab them in traps.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matter by Cracked Games
A first person puzzle game based. You can create and manipulate (move, rotate and scale) 4 kinds of matter: blue (just regular solid matter), yellow (heat resistant), green (bouncy) and red (anti gravity).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I've also got a video for Matter:
[youtube]2WgybJTDhTU[/youtube]
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Re: Qantm Brisbane 2012 Game Projects

Post by Mind Calamity »

Oh damn... I love the gameplay of matter, reminds me of Portal, which is always a good thing. It looks very well made. Kudos to all of them :)
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: Qantm Brisbane 2012 Game Projects

Post by Kojack »

Some of the testers did some crazy speed runs on Matter, but I don't have the videos.

Each of the three teams above had two coders, some designers and artists (I can't remember exact numbers (just the coders), but it was around 6-7 members in each of those teams).