Your Games Collection 1.0.5 Released

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
meham
Gnoblar

Your Games Collection 1.0.5 Released

Post by meham »

Hi all, after many hours of work I finished the project that I will present below. First I want to thank this forum has helped me understand Ogre. With YGC you will see all the information of your favorite video games, see pictures, videos, and more with attractive designs in 3D.
  • Watch game information easily.
  • Automatically download information from the Internet.
  • Full cover of the game.
  • Add wallpaper, pictures, videos and CDs.
  • Add animated 3D models to your collection to make it amazing.
  • Create your own collector's edition.
  • View pictures or create a slideshow
  • Play videos, movies and gameplays.
  • Personalize your game as you want.
  • Create your ultimate game collection.
Here are some screenshots:

And a video:
[youtube]uepQW4eu82Q[/youtube]

To download and find more information visit: http://yourgamescollection.orgfree.com/
Last edited by meham on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
areay
Bugbear

Re: Your Games Collection 1.0.0 Released

Post by areay »

Wow meham, that's damn cool and very attractive, like you say. The screenshots don't do it justice, go check the youtube video people!

Soooo... how does it work? :) I tried to get to the download link but apparently it's 'private'.

* When adding in a game do you have a ui system to allow choosing files that the user has already downloaded onto their PC?
* How did you do the video playout? Is that using some Ogre video mod?
* I notice there is a 'play' option when you've selected the game, is this implemented?
* Where, oh where, did you get that dancing cyber chick model? That's one of the best animated models I've ever seen (and I'm not just saying that because she's shakin' it!)
meham
Gnoblar

Post by meham »

I wrong posting the link, sorry :oops: . I wanted to embed the video so many times, I finally forgot to change the link. By the way, how do I embed the video? I tried with [yotube]link-youtube[/yotube] but nothing happens.

About what you asked me:
* Yes. YGC download the wallpaper, the cover, cd and game information. You choose which one to use. Depends on the game, to find more or less information.
* I used DirectShow plugin I found in this forum. You need to have installed the codecs to play videos. It works very well in most videos. 1080p videos can use a lot of cpu.
* Yes, you can run the game. Before you have to tell YGC where the game executable path. These options are in "edit game", is very easy.
* No, not mine, I wish I knew how to make animations like that, but I do not know how to animate an arm :lol:. The model and animation have been exported from the game Mass Effect 3. It was an example to show you everything that can be added to the game.
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

Wow, that looks really impressive.
And a completely different usage of Ogre than what we've seen here before.

How long did it take you to code all that?
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
Brocan
Orc

Post by Brocan »

W-O-W

Really great work, congrats! :shock: :D
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

meham wrote: By the way, how do I embed the video? I tried with [yotube]link-youtube[/yotube] but nothing happens.
If you hover over the wysiwyg editor button for "youtube" it tells you how to do it [ytube]youtube_video_id[/ytube] so it's just the id, not the full link.
meham
Gnoblar

Re: Your Games Collection 1.0.0.2 Released

Post by meham »

First, thanks everyone for comment.
If you hover over the wysiwyg editor button for "youtube" it tells you how to do it [ytube]youtube_video_id[/ytube] so it's just the id, not the full link.
Thank you. Fixed.
How long did it take you to code all that?
I had to look at it because I could not remember. The first file I created on 2012/07/13.

The link is already fixed too. Also, I have a new version I fixed some bugs and improved some things. You can see everything I've added in the file history.txt. If someone downloaded the previous version, please download it again, this version is better. Sorry for software versions change so fast. I recorded a tutorial on how to add and edit a game. Is in the same channel on youtube, if anyone is interested.
meham
Gnoblar

Re: Your Games Collection 1.0.4 Released

Post by meham »

New version released. Now you can sort the games by categories. I've improved the design and I've added more options. Also fixed all bugs found. In the links you can see more screenshots and videos.
rakeshj
Gnoblar

Post by rakeshj »

Hi Mahem,

Awesome work, Man! Congrats !
However this is not the right place for my question, but I wonder how you are playing full screen video in background.
Which libraries you used for video playback and which technique you used to render the full screen movie ( same as size of the windows ).
Is it possible to render the movie in background, while you can have some models rendered in front of them?

Regards,
-rakeshj.
| Lead Graphics Programmer, MPC Film, Technicolor India |
| Game Projects ( Apox, Tryst ) at BlueGiant Interactive |
| Graphics Projects ( Ogre3D based slideshow maker 'picovico : a video maker' ) at Picovico Pvt Ltd. |
| Bengaluru, India |
meham
Gnoblar

Post by meham »

Thanks rakeshj. To play videos I used this: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... re+texture. This code returns a video material. This material can be applied to any object in your scene, like any other material. So you can have rendered models in front of video. To play the video in full screen mode you can use this: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... ackgrounds.
rakeshj
Gnoblar

Post by rakeshj »

Thanks Mahem,

That is really useful information. I totally forgot about the RENDER_QUEUE groups.

Thanks.
-rakeshj.
| Lead Graphics Programmer, MPC Film, Technicolor India |
| Game Projects ( Apox, Tryst ) at BlueGiant Interactive |
| Graphics Projects ( Ogre3D based slideshow maker 'picovico : a video maker' ) at Picovico Pvt Ltd. |
| Bengaluru, India |
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by Slappy »

Wooow, this is really awesome!

I played with this for a little and adding new games (searching) works really nice!
What servers contains the data, is tehre any special format?

I found a bug? : Alt+Tab crashes the application.
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/
meham
Gnoblar

Post by meham »

Thanks, the search was really difficult to do. In the readme file there is more information, but I'll write it here too.
Slappy wrote:What servers contains the data, is tehre any special format?
I downloaded the information from two sites, covergalaxy and thegamesdb. Cover and cd from covergalaxy. Wallpapers and information from thegamesdb.
Slappy wrote:I found a bug? : Alt+Tab crashes the application.
Yes, is a bug. I'll fix it for the next release.
meham
Gnoblar

Re: Your Games Collection 1.0.5 Released

Post by meham »

New release, 1.0.5. I fixed all bugs detected. I've added new features such as using external video player. Added new effects, now loads faster, ...

I have also opened the new project website . There you will find more information, and you can download the new version and more.

Hope you like it, and comment if you have any questions or suggestions.