Space Rush 3D - Android game

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Darthigor
Gnoblar

Space Rush 3D - Android game

Post by Darthigor »

Hi all,

I've released a new game, Space Rush 3D, in Android Play store. iOS and probably Windows Phone versions will be released a bit later.
I'm using Ogre 1.10. Feedbacks are welcome. Thank you! :)
The game is a classic runner style game in space environment. Your ship can maneuver through asteroid field, shoot enemy ships and mines, and activate shields for protection against missiles and energy barriers.
Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .spacerush

Some screenshots:
Check out my Ogre based mobile games: Pig Shooter 3D, Bubble Shooter 3D, Space Rush 3D
Github: https://github.com/RMDarth
Herb
Orc

Re: Space Rush 3D - Android game

Post by Herb »

Looks great! Out of interest what libraries did you leverage for the game? Did you use a UI lib for the HUD or create something yourself?
Darthigor
Gnoblar

Post by Darthigor »

Herb wrote:Looks great! Out of interest what libraries did you leverage for the game? Did you use a UI lib for the HUD or create something yourself?
Thanks for your feedback!
I've used only basic 3rd party libs (like tinyXML, apprater, facebook/google play libs etc.). For UI I'm using my own library, based on Ogre overlays. I've started with libRocket, but I had some issues porting it to mobile platforms, so I decided to create my own because UI here is pretty simple.
Check out my Ogre based mobile games: Pig Shooter 3D, Bubble Shooter 3D, Space Rush 3D
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

great job!!!, I played a few stages (so maybe too soon to speak) and a few critics are:
-you could try a different music, more stellar/space/cosmic/asdad the current one seems to fit a different kind of game.
-objects seems to pop-in too near, maybe its intentional to have more difficulty. I'll suggest you make the objects pop farther, and better if they come through a little black fog to fade-in. if the game gets too easy, just speed it up a little bit =)
-infinite/endless mode!
-power ups! =D
-and seems like a game I could enjoy in a bus/train ride while standing, that would need portrait mode... and that's just too much work xD

Was it hard to integrate facebook/google libs??

keep it up!
Darthigor
Gnoblar

Post by Darthigor »

Hi xrgo, thank you for the feedback!
- I'll think about the music, maybe I'll include other tracks in future versions.
- yeah, I will probably implement fade-in for game object similar to background asteroids (they already should fade-in)
- actually "Single game" in main menu is infinite/endless mode. Maybe I should rename it for convenience :)
- power ups will be in the next version, working on them currently :)
- I was thinking about the portrait mode, but it's a big change for current game. It's in my plans for next major version.

I don't have facebook lib currently implemented in this game (will be soon), but in my previous game it was pretty easy. Google libs implementation also wasn't a big problem, though I had to check some special cases like lost internet connection or incomplete data from services.
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

The screenshots look cool. Good job.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.