The Ogre Steam Group thread

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

stonecold wrote:*huh* Seriously, if I play TF2 I'm always trying to win with my team.
Isn't that the main point after all, if you play against/with real people?
Yes, but it is to have both to have fun first. I remember when I was playing, and we lost. The game doesn't allow the looser to fire the weapons. I remember I was in the spawning bays, not moving and someone just comes in and shoots me in cold blood - no sportsman ship. It was even worst when I was helping nikki out looking through the admin and console commands. Obviously I couldn't play so I decided to stand and face into a corner - obviously not a threat. Yet the enemy still decided to kill me - even there was no point to do so.

Winning, yes. But not at the expense of having fun together. I laugh out loud when I get killed but some people take it really seriously and I'd rather not play with those types of people.
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

HexiDave wrote:...blah blah... Nikki showed up. Poor Nikki kept getting booted due to a ping limit on the server, so it was back to me and betajaen in a game with a bunch of random people ...blah blah...
Yeah, if only betajaen wasn't a newbie admin. ;)
HexiDave wrote:...blah blah... I came back later and played with Nikki (he was on the other team, sappin' our sentries), but my team sucked and I quit in disgust. I got a bit of a laugh at his expense when I fired a rocket at a team mate to check for enemy Spies and inadvertently hit Nikki mid-field with a critical hit from a rocket. Whoops! ...blah blah...
You forgot the extreme number of times I pushed my knife into your spine. :evil:
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

betajaen wrote:The game doesn't allow the looser to fire the weapons. I remember I was in the spawning bays, not moving and someone just comes in and shoots me in cold blood - no sportsman ship.
That's no exception, but it's more common practice. After the match has ended, a race (of killing the loosing players) starts.
That's basically how it is designed by valve, so you should blame valve, not the other players.
betajaen wrote:It was even worst when I was helping nikki out looking through the admin and console commands. Obviously I couldn't play so I decided to stand and face into a corner - obviously not a threat. Yet the enemy still decided to kill me - even there was no point to do so.
Best idea is to switch to spectator during that period.
Honestly, if I see a player of the other team standing in a corner (inactive) and let him alone instead of killing him, what guarantee do I have that this player doesn't attack me from behind just after I've run past him :?:
He (or you?) wouldn't even know that I just spared him (or you?), and therefore I would be waiting to respawn the next second.

Although I agree with you... Fun should be first on public servers.
Last edited by stoneCold on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by HexiDave »

nikki wrote:
HexiDave wrote:...blah blah... Nikki showed up. Poor Nikki kept getting booted due to a ping limit on the server, so it was back to me and betajaen in a game with a bunch of random people ...blah blah...
Yeah, if only betajaen wasn't a newbie admin. ;)
HexiDave wrote:...blah blah... I came back later and played with Nikki (he was on the other team, sappin' our sentries), but my team sucked and I quit in disgust. I got a bit of a laugh at his expense when I fired a rocket at a team mate to check for enemy Spies and inadvertently hit Nikki mid-field with a critical hit from a rocket. Whoops! ...blah blah...
You forgot the extreme number of times I pushed my knife into your spine. :evil:

Must've been near-misses because I died almost consistently to the 3 Engineers guarding your area, the 3 Demomen spamming at the blind corner or the sniper allllll the way in the back. I know you got me a few times because I saw you run over my corpse, but I think you gave our poor Engineer a mental disorder because anything that came within 20 feet of ANY of his stuff he'd shoot at it. I was firing rockets at a group and he came over and whacked me a good 3-4 times with the wrench - I just gave him a look and he went back to his dispenser. Talk about paranoia.

Edit: On the subject of sportsmanship, it's generally non-existent in FPS games on public servers. The servers clearly state "No Spawn Camping", but I got fed up and left because a group was constantly standing at the downstairs spawn door - it's bad when you're up by the spawn area, but downstairs behind a door in a blind-spot is just poor sportsmanship. If I notice there's too many people on my team near a spawn, I run off - unfortunately, I generally get shot to death at that point :cry:
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

HexiDave wrote: I think you gave our poor Engineer a mental disorder because anything that came within 20 feet of ANY of his stuff he'd shoot at it. I was firing rockets at a group and he came over and whacked me a good 3-4 times with the wrench - I just gave him a look and he went back to his dispenser. Talk about paranoia.
Haha... That was DAZOLVER I believe. Its always more rewarding to get engies because you get two points for a stab, and three more points for sapping all his stuff if he's got it all up already.

And spawn camping is fun, come on! :)
SpannerMan
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by SpannerMan »

Cool, a TF2 group! I missed this thread - let us know when the next one is on.

Does anybody here play BF 2142?
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by syedhs »

Okay okay okay! It is enough!!

I have just bought myself a TFT2 copy, lets see how it goes from this... hehe :P Okay not so fast, I need to practise before joining you guys!

Edit: Line at the moment is suck, paypal is too slow.. duh.. next time
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me