AppWizard Project

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Deanus
Gnoblar

AppWizard Project

Post by Deanus »

Hi,
Recently I've downloaded the OgreSDK 1.7.2 and the Ogre AppWizard and I created a new stanard project with Visual C++ 2010 express, but when I tried to build it its giving me this eror:

error MSB3073: The command "copy "bin\Debug\\OgreApp1.exe" "C:\Program Files\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-2\Bin\Debug"
:VCEnd" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 113

ps I've already set the OGRE_HOME environment variable to its correct directory....

tnks
Dean
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: AppWizard Project

Post by jacmoe »

You need to be either running Visual Studio as administrator or move the Ogre SDK out of 'Program Files'. :wink:
The last option FTW.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
CodeMunky48
Gnoblar

Post by CodeMunky48 »

Hi,
I'm also having the same problem, I've just upgraded from VS2008 pro to VS2010 pro and have set up ogre (VS2010 version) 1.7.3 with the dependancies and appwizard, the SDK isn't in programs files and i've been running it in administrator and am still getting the following post build error:

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command "copy "bin\Debug\\OgreApp2.exe" "C:\Graphics Engine\VC2010\OgreSDK\Bin\Debug"
:VCEnd" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 113

Can you recommend any course of action as a solution to this so I can get back to coding please? :S

MK48
CodeMunky48
Gnoblar

Post by CodeMunky48 »

Thought I'd add, (OGRE_HOME) is already setup to SDK's directory and i've tried manually building it according to http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Setting+ ... ual+Studio only to get the same problem :(
any suggestions or input would really make my day ^_^
falchiongpx
Gnoblar

Post by falchiongpx »

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: Ogre_Tutorial_Project, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  The system cannot find the file specified.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy "C:\ogre_My_Projects\Ogre_Tutorial_Project\Debug\\Ogre_Tutorial_Project.exe" "C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-9-0unstable\Bin\Debug"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Getting the same bug... is there a solution? I am running as administrator.
AusSkiller
Gremlin

Post by AusSkiller »

Both of you have two \s in your paths, check your paths in your project settings and remove the extra \ from whatever has it, by the look of it it is probably in your post-build event.
falchiongpx
Gnoblar

Post by falchiongpx »

The bug seems to be caused by Visual Studio trying to copy over a file that does not exist. That being the tutorial .exe that is not compiling to begin with. I'll try to dissect something from the app builder.