Many OGRE samples crash or don't render well (Linux / fglrx)

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
MirceaKitsune
Kobold

Many OGRE samples crash or don't render well (Linux / fglrx)

Post by MirceaKitsune »

More than half OGRE samples don't work for me under Linux, though I remember they did in Windows. Some are only broken in OGRE 1.9 (compiled from HG) while others don't work if compiling the 1.8 OGRE source either. The samples themselves don't matter much, but this means the shaders and techniques wouldn't work in a real application either. I run openSUSE 12.2 64bit, KDE 4.9.5, proprietary ATI driver (fglrx). Is there any way to fix them and get everything working? Here's exactly what I get with each sample... those not listed below are working flawlessly:

- Bump Mapping: I don't know if it works, since I only see an untextured lit statue with lights circling around it. I see no bump mapping, so I believe this is broken in both 1.8 and 1.9.

- Cel-shading: I see an untextured OGRE head and normal lighting so it's not working.

- Compositor: Looks ok, but I only get two settings (HDR and Gaussian Blur). I remember there were a lot more, and for some reason the rest aren't listed.

- Deferred Shading: Crashes the Sample Browser when I try to run it.

- Endless World: I see no terrain, only the sky.

- Fresnel: The water appears as a white full-bright surface, though everything seems to look ok.

- Geometry Shader Particle System: Won't load in the Sample Browser, with an error saying that the render system or hardware doesn't support rendering to vertex buffers. My video card is modern and the video drivers are correct so that's not true.

- Isosurf: Nothing shows but the HUD, everything is black.

- Ocean: Crashes the Sample Browser, though last night I remember it worked and rendered flawlessly.

- SSAO Techniques: Worked last night, now crashes OGRE. Last night when it did start, FPS was slow and shadows seemed a little grainy... nothing special showed so maybe it worked.

- Shadow system: Normal mapping / bump mapping & fog don't work. If I switch the system from glsl to cg, I get an error that the cg language is not supported and the sample closes.

- Shader System - Textured Fog: Everything is dark and orange and no fog otherwise. Even the menu and HUD are darkened and become orange.

- Shader System - Multi Light: Light coronas show, but I only see a red light which flickers sometimes.

- Skeletal Animation: The models appear black and are not lit, although they animate and the ground is lit correctly (shadows also show).

- Terrain: Last night it would start, now crashes OGRE. When the sample did start I saw nothing but the sky however.

- Tesselation: Doesn't start with an error that my graphics card doesn't support tesselation shaders (untrue).

- Texture Array: Last night it worked and showed properly, now it crashes the Sample Browser.

- Volume CSG and RTSS triplanar texturing (1.9 only): Starts up, is lit properly, but everything is untextured.

- Volume Terrain (1.9 only): Geometry looks ok, the surface is lit, but otherwise untextured.
runfrodorun
Gremlin

Re: Many OGRE samples crash or don't render well (Linux / fg

Post by runfrodorun »

If any of these samples don't work in windows, it's a pretty good bet they won't work in linux: I remember I couldn't run the new terrain on my old thinkpad because it didn't have the right shader model support on the graphics card.

If they do work in windows, and don't work in linux, then take into consideration what is different: You most likely have different drivers or different versions of the drivers. You are also using OpenGL (If under wine, possibly maybe directx but I doubt it, I remember that working not very well/not at all). My guess is that your card drivers don't have all of the 'abilities' so to speak as the windows drivers... possibly there are some features that are not accessible in linux for god knows what reason. Is it possible to get other drivers? maybe try it on somebody else's linux box? I know how frustrating it can be trying to track down these problems. I'm sorry I can't be too much help, this is all I have. Good luck!
Sass not tolerated
LAY DOWN THE LAW!
When I don't understand a problem, I punch it in the face and try again.
MirceaKitsune
Kobold

Post by MirceaKitsune »

runfrodorun wrote:If any of these samples don't work in windows, it's a pretty good bet they won't work in linux: I remember I couldn't run the new terrain on my old thinkpad because it didn't have the right shader model support on the graphics card.

If they do work in windows, and don't work in linux, then take into consideration what is different: You most likely have different drivers or different versions of the drivers. You are also using OpenGL (If under wine, possibly maybe directx but I doubt it, I remember that working not very well/not at all). My guess is that your card drivers don't have all of the 'abilities' so to speak as the windows drivers... possibly there are some features that are not accessible in linux for god knows what reason. Is it possible to get other drivers? maybe try it on somebody else's linux box? I know how frustrating it can be trying to track down these problems. I'm sorry I can't be too much help, this is all I have. Good luck!
Last time I tested the OGRE samples in Windows, all of them worked. I also think I ran them under OpenGL there. So I'd tend to think this is a Linux issue only, but it's hard to know.

My graphics drivers are fglrx, which is the proprietary ATI driver used in Windows (the Linux version). So that would also be very strange... especially since I can already run many modern games (some are Windows ones on WINE others are Linux native) and all their shaders and graphical features work well, at the same performance as in Win (if not even better). OGRE is the only one that has shader issues for me, so I'm inclined to suspect there might be a problem with it not handling some configurations well.
runfrodorun
Gremlin

Post by runfrodorun »

I'll ask our graphics programmer, but my guess would be that it's a driver issue. I'm with you though, that's awefully weird. I'll have to dig out my debian craptop and see what happens :D
Sass not tolerated
LAY DOWN THE LAW!
When I don't understand a problem, I punch it in the face and try again.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Ogre tends to have a bit of trouble with ATI, mainly because the main devs use nvidia. I do testing with ATI before a release (I'm not a dev), but in windows only. Most should be working, or at least none crashing.
ATI has never had a good reputation on linux.

Some of the problems you had like the bump maps not working I've seen happen in the past, but they were fixed. Others like cel shading demo not working I've never seen happen on ATI or Nvidia (on windows).
MirceaKitsune
Kobold

Post by MirceaKitsune »

Sounds like someone should test OGRE with the fglrx driver as well. I know Linux and ATI are known to not be a good match frequently, but some of us happen to have both :P Just hope they can be fixed... not sure if my reports here helped for now.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

It helped in that we now know there's a problem (well, quite a few by the look of it). That's always important to know. But there might not be anybody in a position to fix it that has the right environment to debug it, at least right now.
Jefferian
Halfling

Post by Jefferian »

It would seems like there are problems on windows as well, regarding ATI cards. I have got a crappy ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 and some of the shadow examples i've tried don't work well (depth shadowmaps, there is flickering and strange black spots everywhere) or crashes directly (LiSPSM).
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

I'll test all samples on monday with a new build on various computers and give a report about what is working.
ogroMx
Gnoblar

Post by ogroMx »

I have a similar problem. In windows, all samples are working with OpenGL but in linux, some samples chrashes and the others work very well. I have an ATI card too, but with the free driver, not the proprietary
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

With linux it's almost always driver issues. AMD has Catalyst drivers for linux (does anyone even use fglrx now? I'm guessing no). Try the drivers from AMD, there is no way the open source ones are on the same level.
ogroMx
Gnoblar

Post by ogroMx »

c6burns wrote:With linux it's almost always driver issues. AMD has Catalyst drivers for linux (does anyone even use fglrx now? I'm guessing no). Try the drivers from AMD, there is no way the open source ones are on the same level.
Ok, I will try with the nonfree driver, but i don't think this make any difference, I've just noticed that ogre thows this error message:

An exception has occurred: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Named constants have not been initialised, perhaps a compile error. in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at ~/Descargas/ogre-1.9-4-1-2015/OgreMain/src/OgreGpuProgramParams.cpp (line 2196)

I have not seen the error message for every sample that crashes, but at least this one doesn't look like a driver issue to me.
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

It usually means a shader failed to compile, after which you tried to set a shader constant ... which could absolutely be about the driver. Why did a basic shader working across almost all devices fail to compile on yours? "Because the driver is limited in its 3d acceleration support and is only really meant for you to run Xorg" seems like a good answer to me.

Post the Ogre.log if you have issues with the catalyst driver. I'd be interested to see the log at that point.
ogroMx
Gnoblar

Post by ogroMx »

I have now fglrx and still having issues. Here's the Ogre.log requested, for this i used the Character sample

Code: Select all

Creating resource group General
Creating resource group Internal
Creating resource group Autodetect
SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type EmbeddedZip registered.
DDS codec registering
FreeImage version: 3.15.4
This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all common bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,pgm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp2,pfm,pct,pict,pic,3fr,arw,bay,bmq,cap,cine,cr2,crw,cs1,dc2,dcr,drf,dsc,dng,erf,fff,ia,iiq,k25,kc2,kdc,mdc,mef,mos,mrw,nef,nrw,orf,pef,ptx,pxn,qtk,raf,raw,rdc,rw2,rwl,rwz,sr2,srf,srw,sti
Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/RenderSystem_GL
Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
Plugin successfully installed
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_ParticleFX
Installing plugin: ParticleFX
Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Installing plugin: BSP Scene Manager
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager
Installing plugin: Cg Program Manager
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_PCZSceneManager
Installing plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Default' registered
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeZone
Installing plugin: Octree Zone Factory
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
Installing plugin: Octree Scene Manager
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.10.0unstable (Xalafu)
OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Font
CPU Identifier & Features
-------------------------
 *   CPU ID: AuthenticAMD: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
 *      SSE: yes
 *     SSE2: yes
 *     SSE3: yes
 *      MMX: yes
 *   MMXEXT: yes
 *    3DNOW: yes
 * 3DNOWEXT: yes
 *     CMOV: yes
 *      TSC: yes
 *      FPU: yes
 *      PRO: yes
 *       HT: no
*** Starting GLX Subsystem ***
Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
GLRenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OGRE Sample Browser", 1366x768 windowed  miscParams: FSAA=0 displayFrequency=60 Hz gamma=No vsync=No 
GLXWindow::create used FBConfigID = 39
GL_VERSION = 4.4.12968 Compatibility Profile Context 14.201.1006.1002
GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER = AMD Radeon HD 6520G
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_query_buffer_object GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_trace GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_triangles GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_snorm GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_meminfo GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_buffer GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_histogram GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_bptc GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_debug GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint
Supported GLX extensions: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_swap_control GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_MESA_swap_control GLX_NV_swap_group GLX_OML_swap_method GLX_SGI_make_current_read GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGIS_multisample GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier GLX_SGIX_swap_group GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_EXT_buffer_age 
*** GL Renderer Started ***
Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
GLSL support detected
GL: Using GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for rendering to textures (best)
FBO PF_UNKNOWN depth/stencil support: D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_L8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_L16 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A4L4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_BYTE_LA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R5G6B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B5G6R5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A4R4G4B4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A1R5G5B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_B8G8R8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A2R10G10B10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_A2B10G10R10 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_X8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGBA depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_R3G3B2 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_R depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT16_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_FLOAT32_GR depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
FBO PF_SHORT_RGB depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S1 D0S4 D0S8 D0S16 D16S0 D24S0 D32S0 Packed-D24S8 
[GL] : Valid FBO targets PF_UNKNOWN PF_L8 PF_L16 PF_A8 PF_A4L4 PF_BYTE_LA PF_R5G6B5 PF_B5G6R5 PF_A4R4G4B4 PF_A1R5G5B5 PF_R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8 PF_A8R8G8B8 PF_B8G8R8A8 PF_A2R10G10B10 PF_A2B10G10R10 PF_FLOAT16_RGB PF_FLOAT16_RGBA PF_FLOAT32_RGB PF_FLOAT32_RGBA PF_X8R8G8B8 PF_X8B8G8R8 PF_SHORT_RGBA PF_R3G3B2 PF_FLOAT16_R PF_FLOAT32_R PF_SHORT_GR PF_FLOAT16_GR PF_FLOAT32_GR PF_SHORT_RGB 
RenderSystem capabilities
RenderSystem Name: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
GPU Vendor: amd
Device Name: AMD Radeon HD 6520G
Driver Version: 4.4.12968.0
 * Fixed function pipeline: yes
 * Hardware generation of mipmaps: no
 * Texture blending: yes
 * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
 * Dot product texture operation: yes
 * Cube mapping: yes
 * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
   - Stencil depth: 8
   - Two sided stencil support: yes
   - Wrap stencil values: yes
 * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
 * 32-bit index buffers: yes
 * Vertex programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 256
 * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 0
 * Fragment programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 256
 * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 0
 * Geometry programs: yes
 * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 16384
 * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
 * Tessellation Hull programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation hull programs: 0
 * Number of integer constants for tessellation hull programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for tessellation hull programs: 0
 * Tessellation Domain programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation domain programs: 0
 * Number of integer constants for tessellation domain programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for tessellation domain programs: 0
 * Compute programs: no
 * Number of floating-point constants for compute programs: 0
 * Number of integer constants for compute programs: 0
 * Number of boolean constants for compute programs: 0
 * Supported Shader Profiles: arbfp1 arbvp1 glsl glsl100 glsl110 glsl120 gp4gp gpu_gp nvgp4 ps_1_1 ps_1_2 ps_1_3 ps_1_4
 * Texture Compression: yes
   - DXT: yes
   - VTC: no
   - PVRTC: no
   - ATC: no
   - ETC1: no
   - ETC2: no
   - BC4/BC5: no
   - BC6H/BC7: no
 * Scissor Rectangle: yes
 * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
 * User clip planes: yes
 * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
 * Infinite far plane projection: yes
 * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
 * Floating point textures: yes
 * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
 * 1d textures: yes
 * Volume textures: yes
 * Multiple Render Targets: 8
   - With different bit depths: yes
 * Point Sprites: yes
 * Extended point parameters: yes
 * Max Point Size: 8192
 * Vertex texture fetch: yes
 * Number of world matrices: 0
 * Number of texture units: 16
 * Stencil buffer depth: 8
 * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
   - Max vertex textures: 18
   - Vertex textures shared: yes
 * Render to Vertex Buffer : no
 * Hardware Atomic Counters: no
 * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
 * Frame Buffer objects: yes
 * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
 * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
 * PBuffer support: yes
 * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
 * Vertex Array Objects: no
 * Separate shader objects: no
DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread 7fea5acca800.
Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7fea4ab94700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7fea4b395700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7fea4bb96700 starting.
DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 7fea4a393700 starting.
SceneManagerFactory for type 'BspSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
SceneManagerFactory for type 'PCZSceneManager' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'PCZLight' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Portal' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'AntiPortal' registered.
PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' registered
SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
Creating resource group Essential
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/thumbnails' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Essential'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/SdkTrays.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Essential'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/profiler.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Essential'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
Creating resource group Popular
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/fonts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/programs' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/scripts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/textures/nvidia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/particle' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/DeferredShadingMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/PCZAppMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/RTShaderLib' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/RTShaderLib/materials' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/scripts/SSAO' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/textures/SSAO' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/volumeTerrain' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/cubemap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/cubemapsJS.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/dragon.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/fresneldemo.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/ogretestmap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/ogredance.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/Sinbad.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/packs/skybox.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/volumeTerrain/volumeTerrainBig.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
Creating resource group Tests
Added resource location '/usr/Tests/Media' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Tests'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/programs/GLSL' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/programs/Cg' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/materials/programs/HLSL_Cg' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/RTShaderLib/GLSL' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/RTShaderLib/Cg' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Added resource location '/usr/share/OGRE/Media/RTShaderLib/HLSL_Cg' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
Initialising resource group Essential
Parsing scripts for resource group Essential
Parsing script SdkTrays.material
Parsing script OgreProfiler.material
Parsing script SdkTrays.fontdef
Parsing script SdkTrays.overlay
Texture: sdk_cursor.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) with 6 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
Texture: sdk_button_up.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 7 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
Texture: sdk_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_mini_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_track.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,16x32x1.
Texture: sdk_handle.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1) with 4 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1.
Texture: sdk_mini_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_label.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_separator.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x16x1) with 6 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x16x1.
Texture: sdk_logo.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x64x1) with 7 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x64x1.
Texture: sdk_shade.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x48x1) with 6 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x48x1.
Texture: sdk_frame.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_mini_text_box_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
Texture: sdk_pulse.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,8x1x1) with 3 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,8x1x1.
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Essential
Creating resources for group Essential
All done
Texture: sdk_bands.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,2x32x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,2x32x1.
Initialising resource group Popular
Parsing scripts for resource group Popular
Font SdkTrays/Caption using texture size 512x256
Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Caption
Texture: SdkTrays/CaptionTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1.
Font SdkTrays/Value using texture size 512x256
Info: Freetype returned null for character 127 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 128 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 129 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 130 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 131 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 132 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 133 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 134 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 135 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 136 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 137 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 138 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 139 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 140 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 141 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 142 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 143 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 144 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 145 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 146 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 147 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 148 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 149 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 150 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 151 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 152 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 153 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 154 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 155 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 156 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 157 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 158 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 159 in font SdkTrays/Value
Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Value
Texture: SdkTrays/ValueTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1.
Parsing script StdQuad_vp.program
Parsing script Examples.program
Parsing script DualQuaternion.program
High-level program Ogre/DualQuaternionHardwareSkinningTwoWeightsTwoPhaseCg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/DualQuaternionHardwareSkinningTwoWeightsTwoPhaseCg: The compile returned an error.
DualQuaternion_Common.cg(167) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
(0) : error C6007: Constant register limit exceeded; more than 96 constant registers needed to compiled program
(0) : error C6007: Constant register limit exceeded; more than 96 constant registers needed to compiled program
 in CgProgram::compileMicrocode at /home/beherit/Descargas/ogre-1.9-4-1-2015/PlugIns/CgProgramManager/src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
High-level program Ogre/DualQuaternionHardwareSkinningTwoWeightsTwoPhaseShadowCasterCg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/DualQuaternionHardwareSkinningTwoWeightsTwoPhaseShadowCasterCg: The compile returned an error.
DualQuaternion_Common.cg(217) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
 in CgProgram::compileMicrocode at /home/beherit/Descargas/ogre-1.9-4-1-2015/PlugIns/CgProgramManager/src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
Parsing script Instancing.program
Parsing script deferred_post.program
Parsing script ShadowCaster.program
Parsing script GBuffer.program
Parsing script triplanarReference.program
Parsing script Examples-Water.material
Parsing script Penguin.material
Parsing script DualQuaternion.material
Parsing script InstancingMisc.material
Parsing script TerrainTessellation.material
Parsing script Compute.material
Parsing script OldTV.material
Parsing script instancing.material
Parsing script smoke.material
Parsing script hdr.material
Parsing script VarianceShadowmap.material
Parsing script ParticleGS.material
Parsing script FluidSim.material
Parsing script Swizzle.material
Parsing script DOF.material
Parsing script Tiling.material
Parsing script MRTtest.material
Parsing script Embossed.material
Parsing script Examples-DynTex.material
Parsing script Laplace.material
Parsing script Hair.material
Parsing script HW_VTF_LUTInstancing.material
Parsing script ASCII.material
Parsing script ShaderInstancing.material
Parsing script HeatVision.material
Parsing script Examples-Advanced.material
Parsing script Examples.material
Parsing script Halftone.material
Parsing script Bloom.material
Parsing script Ogre.material
Parsing script RadialBlur.material
Parsing script facial.material
Parsing script Ocean.material
Parsing script RasterizationOrder.material
Parsing script VTFInstancing.material
Parsing script OffsetMapping.material
Parsing script Island.material
Parsing script AdaptivePNTrianglesTessellation.material
Parsing script DepthShadowmap.material
Parsing script ShaderSystem.material
Parsing script OldMovie.material
Parsing script IsoSurf.material
Problem parsing the following Cg Uniform: '@TMP29' in file Ogre/Isosurf/TessellateTetrahedraGS_CG
Parsing script Hurt.material
Parsing script Posterize.material
Parsing script HW_VTFInstancing.material
Parsing script MotionBlur.material
Parsing script BlackAndWhite.material
Parsing script RZR-002.material
Parsing script Tessellation.material
Parsing script NightVision.material
Parsing script SharpenEdges.material
Parsing script pssm.material
Parsing script sibenik.material
Parsing script Invert.material
Parsing script HWInstancing.material
Parsing script shadows.material
Parsing script Dither.material
Parsing script Glass.material
Parsing script CompositorDemo.material
Parsing script Bloom2.material
Parsing script ShadowCaster.material
Parsing script ssao.material
Parsing script deferreddemo.material
Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.material
Parsing script deferred_post.material
Parsing script ROOM.material
Parsing script DualQuaternionSkinning_Shadow.material
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_dq_skinning_1weight_twophase_vs_cg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_dq_skinning_1weight_twophase_vs_cg: The compile returned an error.
(227) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_dq_skinning_2weight_twophase_vs_cg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_dq_skinning_2weight_twophase_vs_cg: The compile returned an error.
(261) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
Parsing script TriplanarTexturing.material
Parsing script RTShaderSystem.material
Parsing script HardwareSkinningShadow.material
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_1weight_vs encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_1weight_vs: The compile returned an error.
(21) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
(23) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
(23) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_2weight_vs_cg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_2weight_vs_cg: The compile returned an error.
(41) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
(44) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
(44) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_3weight_vs encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_3weight_vs: The compile returned an error.
(64) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
(67) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
(67) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
High-level program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_4weight_vs encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/RTShader/shadow_caster_skinning_4weight_vs: The compile returned an error.
(88) : warning C7019: "blendWgt" is too large for semantic "BLENDWEIGHT", which is size 1
(91) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
(91) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "<null atom>"
Parsing script Crytek.material
Parsing script UnsharpMask.material
Parsing script Volumetric.material
Parsing script ShowViewPos.material
Parsing script GBuffer.material
Parsing script CreaseShading.material
Parsing script HemisphereMC.material
Parsing script HorizonBased.material
Parsing script Modulate.material
Parsing script SSAOPost.material
Parsing script ShowDepth.material
Parsing script ShowNormals.material
Parsing script triplanarReference.material
Parsing script RomanBath.material
Parsing script Sinbad.material
Parsing script Examples-Water.particle
Parsing script smoke.particle
Parsing script Examples.particle
Parsing script emitted_emitter.particle
Parsing script Examples.compositor
Parsing script ssao.compositor
Parsing script deferred.compositor
Parsing script SSAOPost.compositor
Parsing script SSAO.compositor
Finished parsing scripts for resource group Popular
Creating resources for group Popular
All done
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_AtomicCounters
Installing plugin: Atomic Counters Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_BezierPatch
Installing plugin: Bezier Patch Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_BSP
Installing plugin: BSP Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_CameraTrack
Installing plugin: Camera Tracking Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_CelShading
Installing plugin: Cel-shading Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Character
Installing plugin: Character Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Compositor
Installing plugin: Compositor Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Compute
Installing plugin: Compute Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_CubeMapping
Installing plugin: Cube Mapping Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_DeferredShading
Installing plugin: Deferred Shading Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Dot3Bump
Installing plugin: Bump Mapping Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_DynTex
Installing plugin: Dynamic Texturing Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_DualQuaternion
Installing plugin: Dual Quaternion Skinning Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_EndlessWorld
Installing plugin: Endless World Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_FacialAnimation
Installing plugin: Facial Animation Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Fresnel
Installing plugin: Fresnel Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Grass
Installing plugin: Grass Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Instancing
Installing plugin: Instancing Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Isosurf
Installing plugin: Isosurf Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Lighting
Installing plugin: Lighting Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_MeshLod
Installing plugin: Mesh Lod Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_NewInstancing
Installing plugin: New Instancing Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Ocean
Installing plugin: Ocean Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_ParticleGS
Installing plugin: Geometry Shader Particle System Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_ParticleFX
Installing plugin: Particle Effects Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_ShaderSystem
Installing plugin: Shader System Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_ShaderSystemMultiLight
Installing plugin: ShaderSystem - Multi Light Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_ShaderSystemTexturedFog
Installing plugin: Shader System - Textured Fog Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Shadows
Installing plugin: Shadows Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SkeletalAnimation
Installing plugin: Skeletal Animation Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SkyBox
Installing plugin: Sky Box Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SkyDome
Installing plugin: Sky Dome Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SkyPlane
Installing plugin: Sky Plane Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Smoke
Installing plugin: Smoke Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SphereMapping
Installing plugin: Sphere Mapping Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_SSAO
Installing plugin: SSAO Techniques Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Terrain
Installing plugin: Terrain Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_PNTriangles
Installing plugin: PNTriangles Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Tessellation
Installing plugin: Tessellation Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Hair
Installing plugin: Hair Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Island
Installing plugin: Island Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_TerrainTessellation
Installing plugin: TerrainTessellation Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_TextureArray
Installing plugin: Texture Array Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_TextureFX
Installing plugin: Texture Effects Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Transparency
Installing plugin: Transparency Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_VolumeCSG
Installing plugin: Volume CSG Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_VolumeTerrain
Installing plugin: Volume Terrain Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_VolumeTex
Installing plugin: Volume Textures Sample
Loading library /usr/lib/OGRE/Samples/Sample_Water
Installing plugin: Water Sample
Texture: thumb_camtrack.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_bsp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_bezier.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_bump.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_cel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_char.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_comp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_compute.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_cubemap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_deferred.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_dualquaternionskinning.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_dyntex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_terrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_facial.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_fresnel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_particlegs.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_grass.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_error.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_instancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_isosurf.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_lighting.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_meshlod.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_newinstancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_ocean.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_tessellation.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_particles.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_ssao.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
Texture: thumb_shadersystem.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_texturedfog.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_shadersystemmultilight.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_shadows.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_skelanim.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_skybox.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_skydome.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_skyplane.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_smoke.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_texarray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_texfx.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_trans.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_volumecsg.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_volumeterrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_voltex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: thumb_water.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
Texture: rockwall.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
Mesh: Loading Sinbad.mesh.
Skeleton: Loading Sinbad.skeleton
Texture: sinbad_body.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
Texture: sinbad_clothes.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
Texture: sinbad_sword.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
Creating swords
Mesh: Loading Sword.mesh.
Creating the chains
Texture: ribbonband.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x1x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x1x1.
Last edited by spacegaier on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added [code] tags
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

I'm sorry to butt in to an existing, older thread like this. But I think I may have understood a similar problem, after encountering that myself.

First of all, I just built OGRE 1.10-unstable using MinGW, but predictably, was only able to build the newer OpenGL renderer. I am also doing this on an AMD Radeon 86xx Mobile graphics chipset - yes on a laptop.

What will happen is that some drivers won't implement OpenGL as well as they do DirectX - Yes this is a Windows machine - and so some capabilities the GC would normally have with D3D11, do not show up with OpenGL 3.x . In my own case, this includes the Cg shader language, as well as R2VB.

I did build OGRE's Cg Program Manager though.

What I found, was that my laptop was giving me similar symptoms to what you described above, If I told the Sample Broswer not to load the Cg Manager.

Yet, without this plug-in, I cannot get Deferred Rendering to work, while if I do load the Cg Manager plug-in, Deferred Rendering works fine - all things being said, without my GC loading any Cg shaders. Yet, the wonderful OGRE Terrains just don't show up, and the Skeletal Animation - that is with the Cg Manager loaded - simply shows no figures, only the ground plane.

Because the Deferred Rendering sample works - but needs the Cg plug-in - I suspect that the Cg Program Manager hat belongs to OGRE will try to translate certain shaders into GLSL or some such dialect. But there could be Cg GPU programs, that OGRE's Cg Manager just doesn't know how to load - because it never gets accepted by the GC as a Cg GPU program.

That's my guess as to what's happening. And BTW, I do appreciate the 'Volume CSG' and 'Volume Terrain' samples, that render well, thanks to the new, RTShader System! :D However, the SSAO methodology demo does not run properly on my laptop. It simply produces a uniform shade of grey, that varies when I try selecting different options. No details.

Dirk

Edit: I'm going to go way out on a limb with my conjecture here - pertaining to OGRE 1.10-unstable. I happen to know that a utility exists, which will casually translate Cg shader code into HLSL or GLSL. The cases which don't seem to work for me - and my Radeon doesn't accept Cg programs - all seem to be examples in which the positions of vertices or micro-polygons need to be changed by the shader code. The examples that seem to work - the deferred rendering shader and RTSS Volume rendering - do not require that point-positions be changed on the GPU.

When the cg.dll converts the script - it does nothing to account for the differences between OpenGL and DirectX matrices. Is it possible that at this point in time, somewhere in the source code for the Cg plug-in, somebody forgot to transpose the matrix - before asking the shader program to be translated into GLSL as opposed to, into HLSL ? :?
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

Sorry to keep bringing up the subject - of what to do, if we want to run OGRE 1.10 on a weak graphics chipset.

But I felt I needed to correct errors in what I had posted before.

My earlier confusion seemed to stem in part, from the fact that OGRE frequently has multiple definitions of each of its materials' GPU programs, in Cg, in GLSL, in HLSL, etc.. Thus, some shaders will simply work because a GLSL shader was declared before the Cg shader was declared. In other cases, the Cg shader program was declared first, and then loading the CgProgramManager would cause a Sample which first ran, no longer to run...

(Edited:) I've now looked at the source code and found, that on platforms on which the CgProgramManager is supposed to translate any Cg code into GLSL, it actually fails to do so and the Cg GPU program usually fails to run. The Deferred Rendering Sample just seems to be a fortunate exception to this. The Dual-Quaternion Skinning Sample will crash, until we comment out the Cg shader declaration from the material. But, the New Instancing Sample just seems to run, even in Hardware, dual-quaternion mode. And fortunately again, the Shadows Sample just runs, for reasons unknown. The devs fail to notice this, because they're always testing their code on one graphics card, which has the hardware extension to load Cg programs directly.

(Now in doubt:) Further, one big problem which my laptop in particular may have, is an inability to create a shared pointer to the vertex buffer. This might seem consistent with its lack of R2VB support. This would break any ability to load generated terrains, where the actual attempts to fetch such pointers would result in Invalid OpenGL Operations. But when the engine states Invalid OpenGL Operations in its ogre.log file, it fails to specify in any way what those are, so that some other Operation might be triggering those messages. Anyhow, something is preventing OGRE from rendering terrain on a Radeon 86xx chip-set under Windows, and nobody on the forum really seems to know what that is, because the devs use nVidia...

What all this really prompts me to wonder is, how on Earth would we really want to get OGRE up and running with Android?

Dirk
Last edited by dirkmitt on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

dirkmitt wrote:What all this really prompts me to wonder is, how on Earth would we really want to get OGRE up and running with Android?
How is any of this related to Android?
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

Well my thought has always been, that even the laptop which I'm currently working on, having a Radeon 86xx, should be more powerful than most typical Android GPUs. But then again, your question is justified, because under Android, the Terrain component will be using the GLSLES Generator, and not the GLSL generator.

There is a basic issue that confuses me though. I have downloaded and tested the OGRE 1.8.1 SDK for MinGW. That version was already supposed to be using the ne Terrain component, and generates terrain wonderfully on my laptop. So why should the 1.10 version fail?

I thought it might be a nice bonus, if I could get OGRE 1.10 up to speed, instead of the 1.8.1 SDK that I already have, and that works throughout. After all, 1.10 is stated to be unstable...

And I have already tried updating my drivers, without producing any change at all from OGRE.

I would most want to get the Terrain Component of OGRE 1.10 to work, but have run into the result that the terrain simply does not show up, only the sky box, and, out of the sample browser, some floating houses. This is my ogre.log:

01:42:23: Parsing script RTShaderSystem.material
01:42:23: Parsing script TriplanarTexturing.material
01:42:23: Parsing script CreaseShading.material
01:42:23: Parsing script Crytek.material
01:42:23: Parsing script GBuffer.material
01:42:23: Parsing script HemisphereMC.material
01:42:23: Parsing script HorizonBased.material
01:42:23: Parsing script Modulate.material
01:42:23: Parsing script ShowDepth.material
01:42:23: Parsing script ShowNormals.material
01:42:23: Parsing script ShowViewPos.material
01:42:23: Parsing script SSAOPost.material
01:42:23: Parsing script UnsharpMask.material
01:42:23: Parsing script Volumetric.material
01:42:23: Parsing script triplanarReference.material
01:42:23: Parsing script RomanBath.material
01:42:23: Parsing script Sinbad.material
01:42:23: Parsing script emitted_emitter.particle
01:42:23: Parsing script Examples-Water.particle
01:42:23: Parsing script Examples.particle
01:42:23: Parsing script smoke.particle
01:42:23: Parsing script Examples.compositor
01:42:23: Parsing script deferred.compositor
01:42:23: Parsing script ssao.compositor
01:42:23: Parsing script SSAO.compositor
01:42:23: Parsing script SSAOPost.compositor
01:42:23: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Popular
01:42:23: Creating resources for group Popular
01:42:23: All done
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_BezierPatch
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Bezier Patch Sample
01:42:23: Plugin successfully installed
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_BSP
01:42:23: Installing plugin: BSP Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_CameraTrack
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Camera Tracking Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_CelShading
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Cel-shading Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_Character
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Character Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_Compositor
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Compositor Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_CubeMapping
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Cube Mapping Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_DeferredShading
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Deferred Shading Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_Dot3Bump
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Bump Mapping Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_DynTex
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Dynamic Texturing Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_DualQuaternion
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Dual Quaternion Skinning Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_EndlessWorld
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Endless World Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_FacialAnimation
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Facial Animation Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_Fresnel
01:42:23: Installing plugin: Fresnel Sample
01:42:23: Loading library .\Sample_Grass
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Grass Sample
01:42:24: Plugin successfully installed
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_Instancing
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Instancing Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_Lighting
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Lighting Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_MeshLod
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Mesh Lod Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_NewInstancing
01:42:24: Installing plugin: New Instancing Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_Ocean
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Ocean Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_ParticleFX
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Particle Effects Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_ShaderSystem
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Shader System Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_Shadows
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Shadows Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_SkyBox
01:42:24: Installing plugin: Sky Box Sample
01:42:24: Loading library .\Sample_SkyDome
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Sky Dome Sample
01:42:35: Plugin successfully installed
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_SkyPlane
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Sky Plane Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_Smoke
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Smoke Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_SphereMapping
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Sphere Mapping Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_SSAO
01:42:35: Installing plugin: SSAO Techniques Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_Terrain
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Terrain Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_Tessellation
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Tessellation Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_TextureFX
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Texture Effects Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_Transparency
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Transparency Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeCSG
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Volume CSG Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeTerrain
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Volume Terrain Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeTex
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Volume Textures Sample
01:42:35: Loading library .\Sample_Water
01:42:35: Installing plugin: Water Sample
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_bsp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_bezier.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_bump.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_camtrack.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_cel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_char.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_comp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_cubemap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_deferred.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_dualquaternionskinning.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_dyntex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_terrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_facial.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_fresnel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_grass.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_instancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_lighting.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_meshlod.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_newinstancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_ocean.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_particles.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_ssao.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_shadersystem.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_shadows.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_skybox.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_skydome.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_skyplane.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_smoke.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_tessellation.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_texfx.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_trans.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_volumecsg.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_volumeterrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_voltex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:35: Texture: thumb_water.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
01:42:46: Texture: sdk_button_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
01:42:47: Texture: sdk_button_down.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
01:42:47: Creating resource group Terrain
01:42:47: Mesh: Loading sphere.mesh.
01:42:47: WARNING: sphere.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
01:42:47: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
01:42:47: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(1fb4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
01:42:47: Terrain created; size=513 minBatch=33 maxBatch=65 treeDepth=4 lodLevels=5 leafLods=2
01:42:48: Terrain::distributeVertexData processing source terrain size of 513
01:42:48:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=513 startDepth=2 endDepth=4 splits=4
01:42:48:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=129 startDepth=0 endDepth=2 splits=1
01:42:48: Terrain::distributeVertexData finished
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(1fb4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1 processed=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:1fb4): ID=1 success=1 messages=[] channel=1 requestType=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(1fb4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(1fb4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1 processed=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:1fb4): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:1fb4): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
01:42:48: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/nm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/lm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'TerrBlend1' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/comp' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/nm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/lm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:48: WARNING: Texture instance 'TerrBlend1' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:42:53: Texture: dirt_grayrocky_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:42:58: Texture: dirt_grayrocky_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:43:04: Texture: grass_green-01_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:43:09: Texture: grass_green-01_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:43:15: Texture: growth_weirdfungus-03_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:43:20: Texture: growth_weirdfungus-03_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
01:43:21: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/932638989/comp' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
01:43:21: Creating viewport on target 'rtt/491275776/SceneManagerInstance2/compRTT', rendering from camera 'cam', relative dimensions 4L: 0 T: 0 W: 1 H: 1 Z-order: 0
01:43:21: Viewport for camera 'cam', actual dimensions 4L: 0 T: 0 W: 1024 H: 1024
01:43:21: Vertex Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/vp/comp Fragment Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/fp/comp GLSL link result : Validation warning! - Sampler value blendTex0 has not been set.
Validation successful.

01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(1fb4): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(1fb4): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2 processed=1
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:1fb4): ID=4 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(1fb4): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(1fb4): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2 processed=1
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:1fb4): ID=5 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:1fb4): ID=5 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:1fb4): ID=4 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:1fb4): ID=1 success=1 messages=[] channel=1 requestType=1
01:43:21: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2948): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1
01:43:22: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2948): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1 processed=1
01:43:22: Mesh: Loading tudorhouse.mesh.
01:43:22: WARNING: tudorhouse.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
01:43:22: Texture: fw12b.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_fr.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_bk.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_lf.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_rt.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_up.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Texture: cloudy_noon_dn.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
01:43:22: Vertex Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/vp/hlod Fragment Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/fp/hlod GLSL link result : Validation warning! - Sampler value blendTex0 has not been set.
Validation successful.

01:43:22: Vertex Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/vp/llod Fragment Program:OgreTerrain/932638989/sm2/fp/llod GLSL link result : Validation warning! - Sampler value compositeMap has not been set.
Validation successful.

01:43:22: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:1fb4): ID=3 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
01:43:22: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:1fb4): ID=6 channel=2 requestType=1
01:43:22: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:1fb4): ID=3 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
01:43:22: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2180): ID=6 channel=2 requestType=1
01:43:22: Error prior to using GLSL Program Object : invalid operationValidation successful.

01:43:22: Error prior to using GLSL Program Object : invalid operationValidation successful.

Is there somebody who can help me with this?

Dirk
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

OK it was just explained to me that the new catalyst drivers are still called fglrx. I *didn't* just learn that they suck balls though ... I knew that already. Does the same hardware have issues under windows?

Android will be nothing alike. The drivers are fairly decent at this point and you will be using a different generator. Granted, I don't use the material generator that comes with Ogre, I use my own .... so maybe you will have problems with it, but they will be different problems than this one.
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

I'm not sure that it's a hardware issue. But unlike the OP, I'm doing all this under Windows / MinGW-32. It's quite possible that the D3D11 Renderer would not have this bug, but because I'm bound to compiling with MinGW, I can't build the D3D11 renderer; believe me, I've tried. :D There's a basic incompatibility between MinGW and the MS Windows SDK.

I can believe that you are concentrating on getting the Android back-end to work.

(Edit:) Maybe you were trying to ask, 'Are there H/W problems with the Radeon 86xx graphics chip-set under Windows, affecting other applications?' If that was your intended question, the answer is No. Nada.

What I'm ultimately looking for, is a proof-of-concept that runs on my own laptop, with which I could develop a simple 3D app, and then port it to Android, (using the same engine version.) Ideally, this would exist by telling CMake that there's a directory named C:\\Android\ogre , another named C:\\Android\ogre\build-win32 , and yet another named C:\\Android\ogre\build-arm . Ideally, what source code will run under Windows should also run under Android. Of course, there will also have to be C:\\Android\ogredeps\build-arm and C:\\Android\freetype-2.5.5\build-arm .

Yet, things may not always be so simple. For example, I may yet find it harder to compile my Windows development versions, than I will to compile the Android (target) versions.

Also, as you can probably see, I'm fumbling my way through this exercise largely by trial-and-error.

I did also compile OGRE 1.9.0 on this MinGW-equipped laptop, yes with the Radeon 86xx , and found again that it renders perfectly invisible terrains etc.. LOL

Under the stable OGRE 1.8.1 SDK for MinGW, the terrains render fine, even on my Radeon chip-set, but then trying to port the code from within a working Code::Blocks project, would become infeasible. I did after all get some tutorial project to compile under C::B, OGRE 1.8.1 and MinGW , and then to render properly through the Radeon graphics on the same laptop...

Dirk

(Edit:) BTW, What I heard, was that if the CPU software wants to change the vertex information of a loaded vertex array, the modern, accepted way to do that would be trough a VBO. Hence, modern graphics chip-sets will assume that a VBO is being used, and the so-called shared memory on laptops, is not actually shared.

I'm noticing that OGRE uses shared pointers to vertex buffers frequently, and that in the case of the LODManager that ships centrally to OGRE, it seems to work. I.e., the LOD Sample in the Sample Browser works fine, while it's been repeated quite a bit now, that at least the Terrain Samples don't.

Well this is a type of lock used in OgreLodBuffer.cpp

hwIndexBuffer->lock(HardwareBuffer::HBL_READ_ONLY)
While this is a type of lock used in OgreTerrain.cpp

buffer->lock(box, HardwareBuffer::HBL_NORMAL)
I cannot be sure that the second form is supported on many GPUs... Would it hurt to try changing that to

buffer->lock(HardwareBuffer::HBL_NORMAL)
...and yet I notice, that the Texture Effects Sample works ?

Actually, it seems that the code within OgreTerrain.cpp may be calling that rectangle-locking for a texture belonging to a texture array. One observation I've made, is that the Texture Array Sample in the Sample Browser belonging to OGRE 1.9 and 1.10, tells me in a controlled way, that my shader model does not support it. Are texture arrays needed for the Terrain Generator to work? However, my GC does support it, because under OGRE SDK 1.8.1, the Texture Array Sample works...
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

(Bump.)

I'm sorry to repeat this question. But why does my Radeon 86xx graphics card, which runs commercial games just fine, appear to support texture arrays according to the OGRE SDK 1.8.1 sample, but not according to OGRE 1.9 or 1.10 ?

Further, the function call

buffer->lock(box, HardwareBuffer::HBL_NORMAL)
may be defined in the API. But you must realize that this unction call just gets serialized on its way to the GC, into individual operations which may have a standard definition, but which a given GC will then either support or not support at runtime, on a case-by-case basis.

So as long as 'box' above has just been set to include the entire texture size, what's the point in putting this into the source code?

Dirk
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

There is a basic fact which nobody pointed out to me.

In CMake, we don't just need to check off, to build the rendering system RenderSystem_GL , but also RenderSystem_GL3Plus , the latter of which enables the OpenGL 3.x capabilities of our graphics card. I had simply neglected to do this, because the line in the CMake GUI looked so unobtrusive. But with only RenderSystem_GL built, certainly there were many samples which could not run.

Now that I've built the OpenGL 3+ rendering back-end, a much higher percentage of the samples actually do run.

I also see that you have a similar system built, by which you have one GLES Renderer for vanilla-Android devices, and another GLES2 Renderer for the more powerful Android devices.

But now that I have built this rendering back-end, specifically the Terrain Sample still does not work . It now shows me a black screen - behind floating houses - and once the terrain has been built, the Sample Browser window just closes. Here is the ogre.log :

13:14:27: Loading library .\Sample_Transparency
13:14:27: Installing plugin: Transparency Sample
13:14:27: Plugin successfully installed
13:14:27: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeCSG
13:14:27: Installing plugin: Volume CSG Sample
13:14:27: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeTerrain
13:14:27: Installing plugin: Volume Terrain Sample
13:14:27: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeTex
13:14:27: Installing plugin: Volume Textures Sample
13:14:27: Loading library .\Sample_Water
13:14:27: Installing plugin: Water Sample
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_camtrack.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_bsp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_bezier.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_bump.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_cel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_char.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_comp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_compute.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_cubemap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_deferred.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_dualquaternionskinning.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_dyntex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_terrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_facial.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_fresnel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_particlegs.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_grass.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_error.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_instancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_isosurf.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_lighting.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_meshlod.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_newinstancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_ocean.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_tessellation.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_particles.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_ssao.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_shadersystem.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_texturedfog.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_shadersystemmultilight.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_shadows.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_skelanim.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_skybox.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_skydome.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_skyplane.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_smoke.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_texarray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_texfx.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_trans.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_volumecsg.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_volumeterrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_voltex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:27: Texture: thumb_water.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
13:14:42: Texture: sdk_button_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
13:14:44: Texture: sdk_button_down.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
13:14:44: Creating resource group Terrain
13:14:44: Mesh: Loading sphere.mesh.
13:14:44: WARNING: sphere.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2484): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
13:14:44: Terrain created; size=513 minBatch=33 maxBatch=65 treeDepth=4 lodLevels=5 leafLods=2
13:14:44: Terrain::distributeVertexData processing source terrain size of 513
13:14:44:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=513 startDepth=2 endDepth=4 splits=4
13:14:44:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=129 startDepth=0 endDepth=2 splits=1
13:14:44: Terrain::distributeVertexData finished
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2484): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1 processed=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=1 success=1 messages=[] channel=1 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2484): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2484): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1 processed=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
13:14:44: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/nm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/lm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'TerrBlend1' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/comp' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/nm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/lm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:44: WARNING: Texture instance 'TerrBlend1' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:45: Texture: dirt_grayrocky_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:45: Texture: dirt_grayrocky_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:46: Texture: grass_green-01_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:47: Texture: grass_green-01_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:48: Texture: growth_weirdfungus-03_diffusespecular.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:48: Texture: growth_weirdfungus-03_normalheight.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT5,1024x1024x1.
13:14:49: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/131720191/comp' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.
13:14:49: Creating viewport on target 'rtt/698448880/SceneManagerInstance2/compRTT', rendering from camera 'cam', relative dimensions 4L: 0 T: 0 W: 1 H: 1 Z-order: 0
13:14:49: Viewport for camera 'cam', actual dimensions 4L: 0 T: 0 W: 1024 H: 1024
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2484): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2484): ID=4 channel=2 requestType=2 processed=1
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=4 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2484): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2484): ID=5 channel=2 requestType=2 processed=1
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=5 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=5 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=4 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=2
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=1 success=1 messages=[] channel=1 requestType=1
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(23b4): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1
13:14:49: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(23b4): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1 processed=1
13:14:49: Mesh: Loading tudorhouse.mesh.
13:14:49: WARNING: tudorhouse.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
13:14:49: Texture: fw12b.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_fr.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_bk.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_lf.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_rt.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_up.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: Texture: cloudy_noon_dn.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with 5 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
13:14:49: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 430 for glProgramUniform4fv

13:14:49: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 426 for glProgramUniform3fv

13:14:49: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 426 for glProgramUniform3fv

13:14:49: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 567 for glProgramUniform1iv

13:14:50: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=3 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
13:14:50: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:2484): ID=6 channel=2 requestType=1
13:14:50: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=3 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
13:14:50: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(2a6c): ID=6 channel=2 requestType=1
13:15:16: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(2a6c): ID=6 channel=2 requestType=1 processed=1
13:15:16: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:2484): ID=6 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
13:15:16: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 430 for glProgramUniform4fv

13:15:16: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 426 for glProgramUniform3fv

13:15:16: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 426 for glProgramUniform3fv

13:15:16: OpenGL error 0x0502 GL_INVALID_OPERATION in virtual void Ogre::GLSLSeparableProgram::updateUniforms(Ogre::GpuProgramParametersSharedPtr, Ogre::uint16, Ogre::GpuProgramType) at line 567 for glProgramUniform1iv

13:15:16: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:2484): ID=6 success=1 messages=[] channel=2 requestType=1
13:15:16: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Cannot find a writable location in group Terrain in ResourceGroupManager::createResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 846)
What I've discovered this last error message means, is that I must first run the Terrain Sample in OpenGL 2.x mode, thus allowing it to create a terrain .dat file in its executable directory. And then I can copy this .dat file to the Media directory, for which I've explicitly created a 'Terrain' entry in my resources.cfg file. Then, if I run the Terrain Sample again with the OpenGL 3+ render system, the Sample Browser will no longer crash.

However, it then seems to render the terrain in a way that makes the window look black, but which causes one pixel in the Sample Browser window to change colors, as I try to fly through this terrain.

This pixel is located in the middle, of the upper-left quadrant of my rendering window. :)

Dirk

(Edit) Samples which now work include:

Particles with Geometry Shader - including R2VB from Geometry Shader
Iso Surface
Shader System - Multi Light
Skeletal Animation - Software Skinning
Tessellation
Texture Array

Certain Samples seem broken in the Sample Browser, when run in GL 3+ mode. These include the Deferred Rendering Sample, which displays with random black triangles occluding the screen. And also broken, is the Shadows Sample. So it would seem, that under RenderSystem_GL3Plus, anything involving a depth-buffer is broken. But oddly enough, the SSAO Techniques Sample will seem to run, if we run the Deferred Rendering Sample first.
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

It looks to me like you guys have put in some effort, into allowing your Terrain System to run on many GPUs.

I looked at it, and it looks like on my laptop, the high-level GPU program manager detects GLSL as available, but not language version 1.50 .

These are my hardware capabilities, as reported by OGRE:

21:10:14: RenderSystem capabilities
21:10:14: -------------------------
21:10:14: RenderSystem Name: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
21:10:14: GPU Vendor: amd
21:10:14: Device Name: AMD Radeon HD 8610G
21:10:14: Driver Version: 4.4.13283.0
21:10:14:  * Fixed function pipeline: yes
21:10:14:  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
21:10:14:  * Texture blending: yes
21:10:14:  * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
21:10:14:  * Dot product texture operation: yes
21:10:14:  * Cube mapping: yes
21:10:14:  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
21:10:14:    - Stencil depth: 8
21:10:14:    - Two sided stencil support: yes
21:10:14:    - Wrap stencil values: yes
21:10:14:  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
21:10:14:  * 32-bit index buffers: yes
21:10:14:  * Vertex programs: yes
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 256
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Fragment programs: yes
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 256
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Geometry programs: yes
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 16384
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Tessellation Hull programs: no
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation hull programs: 603
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for tessellation hull programs: 0
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for tessellation hull programs: 36832
21:10:14:  * Tessellation Domain programs: no
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation domain programs: 1395
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for tessellation domain programs: 63816
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for tessellation domain programs: 40
21:10:14:  * Compute programs: no
21:10:14:  * Number of floating-point constants for compute programs: 13216
21:10:14:  * Number of integer constants for compute programs: 1029
21:10:14:  * Number of boolean constants for compute programs: 65484
21:10:14:  * Supported Shader Profiles: arbfp1 arbvp1 glsl glsl100 glsl110 glsl120 gp4gp gpu_gp nvgp4 ps_1_1 ps_1_2 ps_1_3 ps_1_4
21:10:14:  * Texture Compression: yes
21:10:14:    - DXT: yes
21:10:14:    - VTC: no
21:10:14:    - PVRTC: no
21:10:14:    - ATC: no
21:10:14:    - ETC1: no
21:10:14:    - ETC2: no
21:10:14:    - BC4/BC5: no
21:10:14:    - BC6H/BC7: no
21:10:14:  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
21:10:14:  * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
21:10:14:  * User clip planes: yes
21:10:14:  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
21:10:14:  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
21:10:14:  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
21:10:14:  * Floating point textures: yes
21:10:14:  * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
21:10:14:  * 1d textures: yes
21:10:14:  * Volume textures: yes
21:10:14:  * Multiple Render Targets: 8
21:10:14:    - With different bit depths: yes
21:10:14:  * Point Sprites: yes
21:10:14:  * Extended point parameters: yes
21:10:14:  * Max Point Size: 8192
21:10:14:  * Vertex texture fetch: yes
21:10:14:  * Number of world matrices: 0
21:10:14:  * Number of texture units: 16
21:10:14:  * Stencil buffer depth: 8
21:10:14:  * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
21:10:14:    - Max vertex textures: 18
21:10:14:    - Vertex textures shared: yes
21:10:14:  * Render to Vertex Buffer : no
21:10:14:  * Hardware Atomic Counters: no
21:10:14:  * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
21:10:14:  * Frame Buffer objects: yes
21:10:14:  * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
21:10:14:  * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
21:10:14:  * PBuffer support: yes
21:10:14:  * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
21:10:14:  * Vertex Array Objects: no
21:10:14:  * Separate shader objects: no

These are my hardware caps, wit the RenderSystem_GL3Plus rendering system selected:

22:17:38: RenderSystem capabilities
22:17:38: -------------------------
22:17:38: RenderSystem Name: OpenGL 3+ Rendering Subsystem (ALPHA)
22:17:38: GPU Vendor: unknown
22:17:38: Device Name: AMD Radeon HD 8610G
22:17:38: Driver Version: 4.4.0.0
22:17:38:  * Fixed function pipeline: no
22:17:38:  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
22:17:38:  * Texture blending: yes
22:17:38:  * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
22:17:38:  * Dot product texture operation: yes
22:17:38:  * Cube mapping: yes
22:17:38:  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
22:17:38:    - Stencil depth: 8
22:17:38:    - Two sided stencil support: yes
22:17:38:    - Wrap stencil values: yes
22:17:38:  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
22:17:38:  * 32-bit index buffers: yes
22:17:38:  * Vertex programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Fragment programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Geometry programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Tessellation Hull programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation hull programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for tessellation hull programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for tessellation hull programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Tessellation Domain programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for tessellation domain programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for tessellation domain programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for tessellation domain programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Compute programs: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of floating-point constants for compute programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of integer constants for compute programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Number of boolean constants for compute programs: 16384
22:17:38:  * Supported Shader Profiles: glsl glsl130 glsl140 glsl150 glsl330 glsl400 glsl410 glsl420 glsl430 glsl440
22:17:38:  * Texture Compression: yes
22:17:38:    - DXT: yes
22:17:38:    - VTC: no
22:17:38:    - PVRTC: no
22:17:38:    - ATC: no
22:17:38:    - ETC1: no
22:17:38:    - ETC2: yes
22:17:38:    - BC4/BC5: yes
22:17:38:    - BC6H/BC7: yes
22:17:38:  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
22:17:38:  * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
22:17:38:  * User clip planes: yes
22:17:38:  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
22:17:38:  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
22:17:38:  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
22:17:38:  * Floating point textures: yes
22:17:38:  * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
22:17:38:  * 1d textures: yes
22:17:38:  * Volume textures: yes
22:17:38:  * Multiple Render Targets: 8
22:17:38:    - With different bit depths: yes
22:17:38:  * Point Sprites: yes
22:17:38:  * Extended point parameters: yes
22:17:38:  * Max Point Size: 63
22:17:38:  * Vertex texture fetch: yes
22:17:38:  * Number of world matrices: 0
22:17:38:  * Number of texture units: 16
22:17:38:  * Stencil buffer depth: 8
22:17:38:  * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
22:17:38:    - Max vertex textures: 18
22:17:38:    - Vertex textures shared: yes
22:17:38:  * Render to Vertex Buffer : yes
22:17:38:  * Hardware Atomic Counters: yes
22:17:38:  * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
22:17:38:  * Frame Buffer objects: yes
22:17:38:  * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
22:17:38:  * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
22:17:38:  * PBuffer support: no
22:17:38:  * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
22:17:38:  * Vertex Array Objects: yes
22:17:38:  * Separate shader objects: yes
22:17:38: Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
22:17:38: DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread ab0.
22:17:38: Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
22:17:38: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 1e80 starting.
22:17:38: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 192c starting.
22:17:38: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 1f54 starting.
22:17:38: DefaultWorkQueue('Root')::WorkerFunc - thread 1600 starting.
22:17:38: SceneManagerFactory for type 'BspSceneManager' registered.
22:17:38: Registering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
22:17:38: Disabling Cg Plugin for GL3+

Is there any hope for me?

Dirk
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

Note To Self and Other Questers:

I have taken the plunge and started to adapt the compile Ogre 1.10 situation, into an SDK meant for MinGW32. To do this I also felt I needed to install 7-Z and GraphViz -Dot and DOXYGEN.

An important detail which I learned, and which was hard to find out, is that in addition to being able to give the command under Windows that goes

mingw32-make

It's also possible to give the command

mingw32-make install

However, this has nothing to do with the Linux convention of installing anything.

We need to do this in order to build our MinGW SDK, since we cannot use the provided SDK or Visual Studio Projects / Solutions. Yet, before we can do that we also need to decide, that instead of always building the CMake target RelWithDebInfo, we want to build the targets (separately) Debug and Release. And in order to make all these directories proper, I first needed to ' mingw32-make install ' my Ogre Dependencies, Debug and Release. This had the fortunate side-effect of also grouping all my dependencies in one place, under which there are now (self-compiled) \bin , \include and \lib directories.

Hence, I totally threw out the actual Ogre build I had before and started a new CMake profile for it. After all, the Ogre Dependencies Directory Windows Path variable is now able to do its job fully, and can thus show the CMake profile for the Ogre build proper to all the dependencies in one shot.

Before, I had to find some of those dependencies for CMake piecemeal, and therefore to activate the building of the Cg Program Manager manually... So my Ogre-Deps are now properly grouped, and I'm building the Debug flavor of the Ogre SDK for now.

I was kind of wondering if any of this would fix my real problem, which is that the Terrain won't render. Reasonable games need terrain. But alas, all the rendering behavior is exactly identical to what it was before I did all that work (of recompiling All of Ogre).

But now my folders / directories are better organized...

Dirk

Edit - Whoa! Now that I run the Terrain Sample under RenderSystem_GL (= 2), I notice that the ogre.log file has output an entire pair ("hlod/llod") of shaders, presumably also loaded to the GPU. This seems to be a benefit of running the Debug version...

20:42:08: Creating resource group Terrain
20:42:08: Mesh: Loading sphere.mesh.
20:42:08: WARNING: sphere.mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.8]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
20:42:08: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:19b4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
20:42:08: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(19b4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1
20:42:08: Terrain created; size=513 minBatch=33 maxBatch=65 treeDepth=4 lodLevels=5 leafLods=2
20:42:09: Terrain::distributeVertexData processing source terrain size of 513
20:42:09:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=513 startDepth=2 endDepth=4 splits=4
20:42:09:   Assigning vertex data, resolution=129 startDepth=0 endDepth=2 splits=1
20:42:09: Terrain::distributeVertexData finished
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(19b4): ID=1 channel=1 requestType=1 processed=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:19b4): ID=1 success=1 messages=[] channel=1 requestType=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:19b4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_START(19b4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_REQUEST_END(19b4): ID=2 channel=3 requestType=1 processed=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_START(thread:19b4): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - PROCESS_RESPONSE_END(thread:19b4): ID=2 success=1 messages=[] channel=3 requestType=1
20:42:09: DefaultWorkQueueBase('Root') - QUEUED(thread:19b4): ID=3 channel=2 requestType=1
20:42:09: *** Terrain Vertex Program: OgreTerrain/3713536420/sm2/vp/hlod ***
#version 440
in vec4 position;
in vec2 uv0;
in vec2 delta;
uniform mat4 worldMatrix;
uniform mat4 viewProjMatrix;
uniform vec2 lodMorph;
uniform vec4 uvMul_0;
out vec4 oPosObj;
out vec4 oUVMisc; 
out vec4 layerUV0;
out vec4 layerUV1;
uniform vec4 fogParams;
out float fogVal;
void main(void) {
    vec4 worldPos = worldMatrix * position;
    oPosObj = position;
    float toMorph = -min(0.0, sign(delta.y - lodMorph.y));
    worldPos.y += delta.x * toMorph * lodMorph.x;
    layerUV0.xy =  uv0.xy * uvMul_0.r;
    layerUV0.zw =  uv0.xy * uvMul_0.g;
    layerUV1.xy =  uv0.xy * uvMul_0.b;
    layerUV1.zw =  uv0.xy * uvMul_0.a;
    gl_Position = viewProjMatrix * worldPos;
    oUVMisc.xy = uv0.xy;
    fogVal = clamp((gl_Position.z - fogParams.y) * fogParams.w, 0.0, 1.0);
}

20:42:09: *** Terrain Fragment Program: OgreTerrain/3713536420/sm2/fp/hlod ***
#version 440
vec4 expand(vec4 v)
{
    return v * 2.0 - 1.0;
}

vec4 lit(float NdotL, float NdotH, float m) {
    float ambient = 1.0;
    float diffuse = max(0.0, NdotL);
    float specular = step(0.0, NdotL) * max(NdotH, 0.0);
    return vec4(ambient, diffuse, specular, 1.0);
}

in vec4 oPosObj;
in vec4 oUVMisc;
out vec4 fragColour;
in vec4 layerUV0;
in vec4 layerUV1;
uniform vec3 fogColour;
in float fogVal;
uniform vec4 lightPosObjSpace;
uniform vec3 lightDiffuseColour;
uniform vec3 lightSpecularColour;
uniform vec3 eyePosObjSpace;
uniform vec4 ambient;
uniform vec4 scaleBiasSpecular;
uniform sampler2D globalNormal;
uniform sampler2D lightMap;
uniform sampler2D blendTex0;
uniform sampler2D difftex0;
uniform sampler2D normtex0;
uniform sampler2D difftex1;
uniform sampler2D normtex1;
uniform sampler2D difftex2;
uniform sampler2D normtex2;
void main(void) {
    float shadow = 1.0;
    vec2 uv = oUVMisc.xy;
    fragColour = vec4(0,0,0,1);
    vec3 normal = expand(texture(globalNormal, uv)).rgb;
    vec3 lightDir = 
        lightPosObjSpace.xyz - (oPosObj.xyz * lightPosObjSpace.w);
    vec3 eyeDir = eyePosObjSpace - oPosObj.xyz;
    vec3 diffuse = vec3(0,0,0);
    float specular = 0.0;
    vec4 blendTexVal0 = texture(blendTex0, uv);
    vec3 tangent = vec3(1, 0, 0);
    vec3 binormal = normalize(cross(tangent, normal));
    tangent = normalize(cross(normal, binormal));
    mat3 TBN = mat3(tangent, binormal, normal);
    vec4 litRes, litResLayer;
    vec3 TSlightDir, TSeyeDir, TShalfAngle, TSnormal;
    float displacement;
    TSlightDir = normalize(TBN * lightDir);
    TSeyeDir = normalize(TBN * eyeDir);
    vec2 uv0 = layerUV0.xy;
    displacement = texture(normtex0, uv0).a
        * scaleBiasSpecular.x + scaleBiasSpecular.y;
    uv0 += TSeyeDir.xy * displacement;
    TSnormal = expand(texture(normtex0, uv0)).rgb;
    TShalfAngle = normalize(TSlightDir + TSeyeDir);
    litResLayer = lit(dot(TSnormal, TSlightDir), dot(TSnormal, TShalfAngle), scaleBiasSpecular.z);
    litRes = litResLayer;
    vec4 diffuseSpecTex0 = texture(difftex0, uv0);
    diffuse = diffuseSpecTex0.rgb;
    specular = diffuseSpecTex0.a;
    vec2 uv1 = layerUV0.zw;
    displacement = texture(normtex1, uv1).a
    uv1 += TSeyeDir.xy * displacement;
    TSnormal = expand(texture(normtex1, uv1)).rgb;
    litResLayer = lit(dot(TSnormal, TSlightDir), dot(TSnormal, TShalfAngle), scaleBiasSpecular.z);
    litRes = mix(litRes, litResLayer, blendTexVal0.r);
    vec4 diffuseSpecTex1 = texture(difftex1, uv1);
    diffuse = mix(diffuse, diffuseSpecTex1.rgb, blendTexVal0.r);
    specular = mix(specular, diffuseSpecTex1.a, blendTexVal0.r);
    vec2 uv2 = layerUV1.xy;
    displacement = texture(normtex2, uv2).a
    uv2 += TSeyeDir.xy * displacement;
    TSnormal = expand(texture(normtex2, uv2)).rgb;
    litRes = mix(litRes, litResLayer, blendTexVal0.g);
    vec4 diffuseSpecTex2 = texture(difftex2, uv2);
    diffuse = mix(diffuse, diffuseSpecTex2.rgb, blendTexVal0.g);
    specular = mix(specular, diffuseSpecTex2.a, blendTexVal0.g);
    shadow = texture(lightMap, uv).r;
    fragColour.rgb += ambient.rgb * diffuse + litRes.y * lightDiffuseColour * diffuse * shadow;
    fragColour.rgb += litRes.z * lightSpecularColour * specular * shadow;
    fragColour.rgb = mix(fragColour.rgb, fogColour, fogVal);
}

20:42:09: *** Terrain Vertex Program: OgreTerrain/3713536420/sm2/vp/llod ***
#version 440
in vec4 position;
in vec2 uv0;
in vec2 delta;
uniform mat4 worldMatrix;
uniform mat4 viewProjMatrix;
uniform vec2 lodMorph;
uniform vec4 uvMul_0;
out vec4 oPosObj;
out vec4 oUVMisc; 
uniform vec4 fogParams;
out float fogVal;
void main(void) {
    vec4 worldPos = worldMatrix * position;
    oPosObj = position;
    float toMorph = -min(0.0, sign(delta.y - lodMorph.y));
    worldPos.y += delta.x * toMorph * lodMorph.x;
    gl_Position = viewProjMatrix * worldPos;
    oUVMisc.xy = uv0.xy;
    fogVal = clamp((gl_Position.z - fogParams.y) * fogParams.w, 0.0, 1.0);
}

20:42:09: *** Terrain Fragment Program: OgreTerrain/3713536420/sm2/fp/llod ***
#version 440
vec4 expand(vec4 v)
{
    return v * 2.0 - 1.0;
}

vec4 lit(float NdotL, float NdotH, float m) {
    float ambient = 1.0;
    float diffuse = max(0.0, NdotL);
    float specular = step(0.0, NdotL) * max(NdotH, 0.0);
    return vec4(ambient, diffuse, specular, 1.0);
}

in vec4 oPosObj;
in vec4 oUVMisc;
out vec4 fragColour;
uniform vec3 fogColour;
in float fogVal;
uniform vec4 lightPosObjSpace;
uniform vec3 lightDiffuseColour;
uniform vec3 lightSpecularColour;
uniform vec3 eyePosObjSpace;
uniform vec4 ambient;
uniform vec4 scaleBiasSpecular;
uniform sampler2D compositeMap;
void main(void) {
    float shadow = 1.0;
    vec2 uv = oUVMisc.xy;
    fragColour = vec4(0,0,0,1);
    vec3 lightDir = 
        lightPosObjSpace.xyz - (oPosObj.xyz * lightPosObjSpace.w);
    vec3 eyeDir = eyePosObjSpace - oPosObj.xyz;
    vec3 diffuse = vec3(0,0,0);
    float specular = 0.0;
    vec4 composite = texture(compositeMap, uv);
    diffuse = composite.rgb;
    fragColour.rgb = diffuse;
    fragColour.rgb = mix(fragColour.rgb, fogColour, fogVal);
}

20:42:09: WARNING: Texture instance 'OgreTerrain/3713536420/nm' was defined as manually loaded, but no manual loader was provided. This Resource will be lost if it has to be reloaded.

How can this be fixed?

Dirk
dirkmitt
Halfling

Post by dirkmitt »

I hope that I'm not offending anybody, by the fact that I've repeatedly posted to this one thread, for which I apologize in advance. I admit that I may have hijacked this thread a little bit, but feel that my issue does coincide with the nature of issues that other people have reported here.

My goal would be to have an SDK finally, that would first enable me to create a 3D application / game on my laptop, and then to compile that for Android, as a kind of proof-of-concept, to be able to tell people that after all, your platform can be used to create Android apps. Actually, some people do value my opinions on things. And yet it will thwart me to some extent, if I can't get the laptop build targets to run the 3D app / game at first.

I've stated some false conjecture earlier in this thread, but now feel that I've narrowed my problem (in getting a terrain that renders) somewhat. The GLSL version of the terrain helper, seems to require a shader language version of 150 or higher. In fact, the generated shaders just naturally tend to use GLSL version 440 !

Well the use of shader language versions this high, is simply inconsistent with OpenGL 2 being used. It would require RenderSystem_GL3Plus. Yet, that render system is still not ready to accept, what I'm throwing at it.

The black screen that marks attempts to get the terrain to load with GL 3+ , was simply the result of the FFP being disabled. If I disable the FFP with OpenGL 2, I'll also get a black screen with floating houses...

Now, there might be a way to tell the Shader manager not to use GLSL language 440 , if RenderSystem_GL is being used. But it would then still not get away with using GLSL version 150 , which the code actually asks for. And I currently suspect that my problems may lie in this ballpark.

BTW, the Cg version I have ~installed~ from nVidia is 3.1 , which was also their official last version. But I still do not have any confidence that it works, being installed on a laptop with a Radeon chipset. Why would it?

Dirk

Edit May 31, 2015: Instead of always relying on the Sample Browser telling me what OGRE may or may not be able to do, I have now done a simple tutorial exercise, of building a 3D application using Code::Blocks. And this has led me to an interesting observation, about what may be going wrong.

I see that OpenGL 3+ forces everybody to use shaders. Radeon graphics drivers have it as one of their tendencies to be strict, and to disallow processing that's inconsistent with the rendering pipeline being used, even if the restriction does not seem to serve any purpose or ultimately be necessary. Hence, in an OpenGL 2 context, the drivers simply won't allow the kind of shader language, that allows each layer of a terrain to be parallax-mapped individually. Yet, it would also be typical of Radeon drivers, that in an OpenGL 3 context, they would allow this.

What may be happening, is that the Sample Browser is trying to allow the RenderSystem_GL3Plus to be tested, by creating a shader context which is a one-size-fits-all solution, for all the samples. When I create a simple tutorial app, I don't do this. But the shader context of the Sample Browser may itself just not be compatible with some of the samples, which have really not changed that much.

So the Terrain samples may run on graphics systems, that allow GLSL 150, which belongs to OpenGL 3, to be run under an OpenGL 2 context. But the Radeon drivers don't.

And so what may fail to work 100% using the Sample Browser, may eventually work if I design a true 3D application.

Dirk
Last edited by dirkmitt on Sun May 31, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.