Getting the content of multiple renderwindows into variable

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
penbo
Gnoblar

Getting the content of multiple renderwindows into variable

Post by penbo »

Hello,

I'm very new in Ogre, so sorry for bad questions (and sorry for my bad English - it is not related to programming :D).

I'm working on a program, that has multiple render windows. Each render window has one viewport and a separate camera.
Now I want to get the content of each window put into accessible memory. I already have a function that can do it for one window. But if I have all windows, it still get only the content of just one of them. I think my problem is that I don't know where does Ogre make those windows.
So can somebody help me where is that? Where should I put my function to catch the contests of all of my windows for every time Ogre renders ?

Thanks
Last edited by penbo on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RigoCL
Greenskin

Re: Getting the content of multiple renderwindos into a vari

Post by RigoCL »

Everytime you want to access frame data, you have to use either frameStarted(), frameRenderingQueued() or frameEnded(). Dont know exactly the difference among them, but I have always used the second method.

http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/api/1.9/clas ... tener.html

Hope it helps.
Integrated: Ogre3D + dotScene (Blender loader) + MyGUI (UI) + RakNet (Client/Server) + Leap Motion (The future is here!) + StereoManager (3D Anaglyph red-cyan)
WIP: StereoManager (Real 3D) + CCS (Camera Control System) + Sound, experimenting with Android.
penbo
Gnoblar

Post by penbo »

Thanks for the reply!
It helped to start, but I found that the solution for this problem lies a bit deeper in the rendering loop, than those functions.

I had to write my own render loop. For this I made a new class where I used the root's stratRendering function and it's subfunctions and made a little change in them. I had to find the place where every rendertarget gets the command: update. And that was the point where I put my image getter function (it is an opnegl function, and it puts the image in an opencv::mat variable).

If you are interested in it, I put my class here. It needs OpenCV, and works with OpenGl.
Attachments
MyRenderLoop.cpp
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
MyRenderLoop.h
(846 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times
RigoCL
Greenskin

Post by RigoCL »

Great, I will take a look at it.

btw why opencv, are you planning to postprocess the images?
Integrated: Ogre3D + dotScene (Blender loader) + MyGUI (UI) + RakNet (Client/Server) + Leap Motion (The future is here!) + StereoManager (3D Anaglyph red-cyan)
WIP: StereoManager (Real 3D) + CCS (Camera Control System) + Sound, experimenting with Android.
penbo
Gnoblar

Post by penbo »

Yes. :) I have to postprocess them. :)