[help]why there are many multiple definition when I compile

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
wdl
Gnoblar

[help]why there are many multiple definition when I compile

Post by wdl »

E:\SOFT\qt\5.0.2\mingw47_32\bin\qmake.exe -spec win32-g++ -o Makefile ..\OgreMain\OgreMain.pro
E:/SOFT/qt/Tools/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'E:/OGRE_1.8.1/build-OgreMain-Desktop_Qt_5_0_2_MinGW_32bit-Release'
g++ -Wl,-s -shared -mthreads -Wl,--out-implib,release\libOgreMain.a -o release\OgreMain.dll object_script.OgreMain.Release -LE:\Libs\C++\boost_1_55_0\bin.v2\libs\system\build\gcc-mingw-4.8.0\release\link-static\threading-multi -lboost_system-mgw48-mt-1_55 -LE:\Libs\C++\boost_1_55_0\bin.v2\libs\thread\build\gcc-mingw-4.8.0\release\link-static\threading-multi -lboost_thread-mgw48-mt-1_55 -LE:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release -lFreeImage -lzlib -lfreetype -lzziplib
I had a'm now compile without cmake,
and I find a problem like this
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `strncasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x90): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `strcasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0xa0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x20): multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0xb0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x100): multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x190): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x1e0): multiple definition of `_fstat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x270): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x2d0): multiple definition of `_stat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x360): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(info.c.obj):info.c:(.text+0x3c0): multiple definition of `fstat'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x450): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(err.c.obj):err.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `strncasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x90): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(err.c.obj):err.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `strcasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0xa0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(err.c.obj):err.c:(.text+0x20): multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0xb0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(err.c.obj):err.c:(.text+0x100): multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x190): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `strncasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `strcasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x20): multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x100): multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x1e0): multiple definition of `_fstat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x270): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x2d0): multiple definition of `_stat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x360): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(stat.c.obj):stat.c:(.text+0x3c0): multiple definition of `fstat'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x450): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `strncasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `strcasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x20): multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x100): multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x1e0): multiple definition of `_Exit'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x510): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x1f0): multiple definition of `llabs'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x520): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x230): multiple definition of `atoll'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x560): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x240): multiple definition of `lltoa'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x570): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x250): multiple definition of `ulltoa'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x580): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x260): multiple definition of `wtoll'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x590): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x270): multiple definition of `lltow'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x5a0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x280): multiple definition of `ulltow'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x5b0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x290): multiple definition of `_fstat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x380): multiple definition of `_stat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(zip.c.obj):zip.c:(.text+0x470): multiple definition of `fstat'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x30): multiple definition of `strncasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x40): multiple definition of `strcasecmp'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x50): multiple definition of `_findfirst64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x130): multiple definition of `_findnext64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x210): multiple definition of `_fstat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x300): multiple definition of `_stat64i32'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x3f0): multiple definition of `fstat'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x4b0): multiple definition of `_Exit'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x510): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x4c0): multiple definition of `llabs'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x520): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x500): multiple definition of `atoll'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x560): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x510): multiple definition of `lltoa'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x570): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x520): multiple definition of `ulltoa'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x580): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x530): multiple definition of `wtoll'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x590): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x540): multiple definition of `lltow'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x5a0): first defined here
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(plugin.c.obj):plugin.c:(.text+0x550): multiple definition of `ulltow'
E:\Libs\C++\ogre_dep\built\lib\Release/libzziplib.a(file.c.obj):file.c:(.text+0x5b0): first defined here
also there had another error, I had add freetype.a
but it still error when
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x171): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_OpenMemory@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x189): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetFileTypeFromMemory@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x19d): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_CloseMemory@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1b4): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetFormatFromFIF@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x2ce): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetFormatFromFIF@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x88c): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_FIFSupportsExportType@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x8fa): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_FIFSupportsExportBPP@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x9d1): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_AllocateT@28'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xbdd): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_AllocateT@28'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xc16): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetPitch@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xc4a): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetBits@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xd01): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_ConvertToGreyscale@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xd15): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xd4c): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_FIFSupportsExportBPP@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xe00): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_FIFSupportsExportBPP@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0xe89): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_FIFSupportsExportBPP@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x104e): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Save@16'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x105a): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1169): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_OpenMemory@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1197): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_SaveToMemory@16'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x11b7): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_AcquireMemory@12'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1308): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_CloseMemory@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1318): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1454): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_OpenMemory@8'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x147a): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_LoadFromMemory@12'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x153b): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetWidth@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1552): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetHeight@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1576): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetImageType@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x158a): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetColorType@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1593): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetBPP@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1731): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetBits@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1745): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetPitch@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1877): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x188f): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_CloseMemory@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1b79): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_IsTransparent@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1b95): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_ConvertTo24Bits@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1bb1): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1c0b): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_ConvertTo32Bits@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1c32): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetGreenMask@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1c65): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_ConvertToGreyscale@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1c79): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Unload@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1eb7): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_Initialise@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1ec0): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetVersion@0'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x1f77): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetCopyrightMessage@0'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x204c): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetFIFCount@0'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x2080): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_GetFIFExtensionList@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x269c): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_SetOutputMessage@4'
./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o:OgreFreeImageCodec.cpp:(.text+0x28ae): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeImage_DeInitialise@0'
e:/soft/qt/tools/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.7.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: ./release\OgreFreeImageCodec.o: bad reloc address 0x2 in section `.text$_ZNSt10_List_baseIPN4Ogre10ImageCodecENS0_12STLAllocatorIS2_NS0_22CategorisedAllocPolicyILNS0_14MemoryCategoryE0EEEEEE10_List_implD1Ev[__ZNSt10_List_baseIPN4Ogre10ImageCodecENS0_12STLAllocatorIS2_NS0_22CategorisedAllocPolicyILNS0_14MemoryCategoryE0EEEEEE10_List_implD1Ev]'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
03:18:32: The process "E:\SOFT\qt\Tools\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project OgreMain (kit: Desktop Qt 5.0.2 MinGW 32bit)
When executing step 'Make'
03:18:32: Elapsed time: 00:07.
please
help
me
!!!!!!!
wdl
Gnoblar

Re: [help]why there are many multiple definition when I comp

Post by wdl »

so strange I using the ogredeps to compile zziplib and ziplib,
and it ok,
but when I compile Ogre ,I link there, there still report these error.