Failed to build Ogre 1.9 on Ubuntu 14.04

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Belogron
Gnoblar

Failed to build Ogre 1.9 on Ubuntu 14.04

Post by Belogron »

Hi guys,

I wanted to build Ogre 1.9 on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine, but it does not work and there are problems with libOIS.so

Yesterday I successfully built Ogre 1.10 unstable and today realized I need 1.9, so I deleted the Ogre files in /usr and switched to branch v1-9 and tried the building again.
But I accidentally as well removed the OIS header files and so I purged and re-installed libois-dev.

If I now try to build Ogre 1.9 after successfully configuring it with cmake by running

Code: Select all

make -j8
I get the following error I don't understand

[ 85%] Built target OgreRTShaderSystem
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_BezierPatch.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_DualQuaternion.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_CameraTrack.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/BezierPatch/CMakeFiles/Sample_BezierPatch.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [Samples/CameraTrack/CMakeFiles/Sample_CameraTrack.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Samples/DualQuaternion/CMakeFiles/Sample_DualQuaternion.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_Compositor.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/Compositor/CMakeFiles/Sample_Compositor.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_DynTex.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/DynTex/CMakeFiles/Sample_DynTex.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_Grass.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/Grass/CMakeFiles/Sample_Grass.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_FacialAnimation.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/FacialAnimation/CMakeFiles/Sample_FacialAnimation.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so', needed by `lib/Sample_Character.so.1.9.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Samples/Character/CMakeFiles/Sample_Character.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
LibOIS should be set up correctly,

locate libOIS
returns
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS-1.3.0.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOIS.so
Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Belogron
Herb
Orc

Re: Failed to build Ogre 1.9 on Ubuntu 14.04

Post by Herb »

hmm... Make sure after you sync'd to 1.9 that you blow away your cmake build cache and run cmake again. If libOIS was not installed right, a cmake run from scratch would fail. My guess is you have an old cmake cache or something...as the error seems to be about failing to link to libOIS.
Belogron
Gnoblar

Post by Belogron »

Herb wrote:hmm... Make sure after you sync'd to 1.9 that you blow away your cmake build cache and run cmake again.
I did this, but it is still not working, after reboot and cache clean :( Any more suggestions?

EDIT:
Funny thing is, this is in the cmake log output:

checking for module 'OIS'
  found OIS, version 1.3.0
Belogron
Gnoblar

Post by Belogron »

OK, total reinstallation of libOIS-dev and the non-dev package fixed the problem
Herb
Orc

Post by Herb »

Glad you got it working