Cmake trouble

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
nocomplex
Gnoblar

Cmake trouble

Post by nocomplex »

At one point I got cmake to find the VERY OBVIOUS d3d11.lib but for the life of me I can't do it again. Please what variable do I set?

I've tried DirectX_D3dX11_LIBRARY but no luck.

And I can not get it to pick up OGRE_CONFIG_DOUBLE cmake just deletes the entry and doesn't configure Ogre with it (it's the worst build tool I've ever used).

I've managed to pull in Boost but who knows if I'll be able to do that again. In general it seems like incrementally updating my keys to get all the components in the Cmake GUI configured breaks the cache system and forces me to redo the whole thing.

If I could get those two things configured my life would be complete, also; why doesn't it pick up system variables? ... I've set most of these on Windows but it never seems to pull them in. Cmake is so frustrating...

UPDATE:

okay nvm got everything in there only problem is when I build I get this:

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_1
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_1
Last edited by nocomplex on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: Cmake trouble

Post by c6burns »

CMake is the finest cross platform build tool I have used. Have some patience with it.

DirectX creates a DXSDK_DIR environment variable when installed. CMake checks this as well as several others.

If you use the CMake gui ... OGRE_CONFIG_DOUBLE is a checkbox. You check it.