Starter program hanging

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
cero117
Gnoblar

Starter program hanging

Post by cero117 »

So I've successfully configured Ogre to get the sample browser and my first blank app going. I'm following the Ogre Beginner's Guide book and currently at the piece where we add our first mesh to the scene. However after putting in the few lines of code and building and then executing the program hangs at "Initializing OIS". The program is basically

Code: Select all

#include "OGRE\ExampleApplication.h"

int main(void)
{

class Example1 : public ExampleApplication
	{
		public:
		void createScene()
		{

Ogre::Entity* ent = mSceneMgr->createEntity("MyEntity","Sinbad.mesh");
			mSceneMgr->getRootSceneNode()->attachObject(ent);

}
	};

Example1 app;
	app.go();

return 0;
}
When I try to run the VS debugger I end up with

'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc11_v1-9-0\bin\Release\Project_X.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc11_v1-9-0\bin\Release\OgreMain.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp110.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr110.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc11_v1-9-0\bin\Release\OIS.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc11_v1-9-0\bin\Release\OgreOverlay.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Project_X.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
First-chance exception at 0x755EC41F in Project_X.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::FileNotFoundException at memory location 0x0036F9A8.
First-chance exception at 0x755EC41F in Project_X.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::FileNotFoundException at memory location 0x0036FB04.
Unhandled exception at at 0x755EC41F in Project_X.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::FileNotFoundException at memory location 0x0036FB04.
The thread 0xb88 has exited with code -1073741510 (0xc000013a).
The program '[3800] Project_X.exe' has exited with code -1073741510 (0xc000013a).
and a break at the end ,_, I've tried the release version and it makes it the furthest ( gives me the most feedback in the command prompt), the debug version just has a blank cmd prompt. It goes to the point where it mentions I should update my mesh but continues and then displays

*Initializing OIS*
and then hangs there no matter what. Anyone have any suggestion on how to proceed?
NotCamelCase
Greenskin

Re: Starter program hanging

Post by NotCamelCase »

Where is the mesh file located ? You should initialize and load the resources (mesh, image, audio, etc.) you are going to use. You can check this tutorial explaining the order in which to start off.
Check out my projects: https://github.com/NotCamelCase
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

I don't know squat about Windows but these lines

Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
look suspicious, it's trying to find 32bit libs in a folder that has '64' in the directory name?
cero117
Gnoblar

Post by cero117 »

Ok will check that and get back to you since I don't have access to internet at times.