LNK2019 error trying to implement ogre and bullet

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
billyfinn
Gnoblar

LNK2019 error trying to implement ogre and bullet

Post by billyfinn »

I am trying to get bullet and ogre working together but keep getting an LNK2019 error to do with the boost libraries,

Code: Select all

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl boost::system::`dynamic initializer for 'native_ecat''(void)" (??__Enative_ecat@system@boost@@YAXXZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::generic_category(void)" (?generic_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl boost::system::`dynamic initializer for 'errno_ecat''(void)" (??__Eerrno_ecat@system@boost@@YAXXZ)
I have followed http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... ual+Studio for a previous application and that worked, but when I followed it again for this one it doesn't work, the prior project didn't include bullet but I can't see that being a problem.

I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems or an easy fix for this? Thanks for your time.
nickG
Greenskin

Re: LNK2019 error trying to implement ogre and bullet

Post by nickG »

you must add boost_system_library to list of libraries for linker
or disable define USE_BOOST and change define of threading
c6burns
Beholder

Re: LNK2019 error trying to implement ogre and bullet

Post by c6burns »

It's supposed to auto link it for you already. It probably is attempting to auto link, but there is some other problem. You might try defining BOOST_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC to see what it's trying to auto link. For example this is my output:

Code: Select all

1>  BaseApplication.cpp
1>  Linking to lib file: libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_54.lib
1>  Linking to lib file: libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_54.lib
1>  Linking to lib file: libboost_date_time-vc100-mt-gd-1_54.lib
1>  Linking to lib file: libboost_chrono-vc100-mt-gd-1_54.lib