Ogremeshy : disable CG program plugin under Linux/Debian

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
daarkron
Gnoblar

Ogremeshy : disable CG program plugin under Linux/Debian

Post by daarkron »

Hi,

I'm trying to run the latest version of OgreMeshy (2013-09-15) on Linux/Debian without using the Cg Program manager plugin. According the Readme.txt I just have to comment the plugin in plugins.cfg.
Q: The program exits right after saying 'Loading Plugin CgProgramManager' in the console, it doesn't even show up a window
A: Make sure Cg libs are installed. If it still fails or you don't want to install them, edit plugins.cfg with a text editor and remove that plugin.
But when I disable the plugin I'm facing to this error :

Code: Select all

17:00:00: Creating resource group ShaderGeneratorResourceGroup
17:00:00: Added resource location '/homes/daarkron/.ogremeshy/RTShaderCache/' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'ShaderGeneratorResourceGroup'
17:00:00: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): The language cg is not supported !! in ShaderGenerator::setShaderLanguage at /tmp/buildd/ogre-1.9-1.9.0+dfsg1/Components/RTShaderSystem/src/OgreShaderGenerator.cpp (line 1350)
Do you have an idea how to configure the build in order to completely disable Cg program ?

Thanks for your help.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: Ogremeshy : disable CG program plugin under Linux/Debian

Post by c6burns »

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's loading previously built Cg shaders from that cache folder (/homes/daarkron/.ogremeshy/RTShaderCache/). Just empty the contents of the folder.
daarkron
Gnoblar

Post by daarkron »

This folder is empty... I also tried to remove the RTShaderLib folder located in the Resources folder, but that doesn't help either :?
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

Wasn't Cg support removed with Ogre 1.9's GL3+ RS?
daarkron
Gnoblar

Post by daarkron »

Sorry my description is not clear enough. I would like to build OgreMeshy in order to use it without Cg plugin (because I don't have it and I don't want to use it now). When I build OgreMeshy and disable the Cg plugin from plugins.cfg I get the above error message (first post).

So I don't know if there is a way to enable/disable Cg in OgreMeshy (at runtime or during the build) and/or if the latest changes in the repo force the usage of Cg... Any idea ?