Cant build ogre due to cmake error

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
ranar
Kobold

Cant build ogre due to cmake error

Post by ranar »

I have build ogre before and this time i have ran into several problems first the ogredeps-freeimage kept saying it could not find unistd.h i looked at it and found that it was for linux apparently so i just commented it out and it built fine. Now on the ogre build cmake says this

Code: Select all

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
C:/Users/username/Documents/Visual Studio 2012/Lib/ogre/Samples/Browser/CMakeLists.txt:313:
Parse error.  Function missing ending ")".  Instead found bad character with text "[".
this wont allow me to generate the files need to build ogre. I tried disabling the samples and that does not work either.
ranar
Kobold

Re: Cant build ogre due to cmake error

Post by ranar »

So it does have to do something with the samples after all the build samples is the problem if i disable this it generates a sln file. I would like to try the samples on this pc too. oh well shouldn't hurt anything.
ImLucid
Halfling

Post by ImLucid »

Well this build is not working. I have also redownloaded the ogre and ogre deps but still having same problem with cmake. Can u guys build 1.9 from source with no cmake errors? I cant I get the error in OP

EDIT: I figured it out...I have no idea if this is the proper way to do it since I have never looked at cmake code before but in the cmakelist file in this code

foreach(FWK ${FRAMEWORKS})
	add_custom_command(TARGET SampleBrowser POST_BUILD
        COMMAND ARGS if [ -d ${OGRE_BINARY_DIR}/lib/${OGRE_OSX_BUILD_CONFIGURATION}/${FWK}.framework ]\; then ln -s -f ${OGRE_BINARY_DIR}/lib/${OGRE_OSX_BUILD_CONFIGURATION}/${FWK}.framework ${OGRE_SAMPLE_CONTENTS_PATH}/Frameworks/${FWK}.framework\; fi
		)
    endforeach(FWK)
I took out the brackets so now it looks like this

foreach(FWK ${FRAMEWORKS})
	add_custom_command(TARGET SampleBrowser POST_BUILD
        COMMAND ARGS if -d ${OGRE_BINARY_DIR}/lib/${OGRE_OSX_BUILD_CONFIGURATION}/${FWK}.framework\; then ln -s -f ${OGRE_BINARY_DIR}/lib/${OGRE_OSX_BUILD_CONFIGURATION}/${FWK}.framework ${OGRE_SAMPLE_CONTENTS_PATH}/Frameworks/${FWK}.framework\; fi
		)
    endforeach(FWK)
That seemed to fix it
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

I do not have this problem with v1-9 head using cmake 2.8.12.2. When having a cmake problem, including your version is a wise move. You might be trying to use 3.0 which is so new it probably doesn't have the kinks worked out yet in v1-9 head.

EDIT: ah yes, this seems absolutely related to this PR: https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... e-419/diff
EDIT2: I tested that PR and it works in v1-9
ImLucid
Halfling

Post by ImLucid »

Yes that looks like the fix, i am using cmake 3.0
ranar
Kobold

Post by ranar »

Okay i got it to compile and i was following the wiki to set up the project to make sure it works and i got these errors.

Error	1	error C2039: 'WindowEventListener' : is not a member of 'Ogre'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.h	37	1	ogretest
Error	2	error C2504: 'WindowEventListener' : base class undefined	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.h	37	1	ogretest
Error	3	error C2039: 'WindowEventListener' : is not a member of 'Ogre'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.h	37	1	ogretest
Error	4	error C2504: 'WindowEventListener' : base class undefined	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.h	37	1	ogretest
Error	5	error C2039: 'BLANK' : is not a member of 'Ogre::StringUtil'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	25	1	ogretest
Error	6	error C2065: 'BLANK' : undeclared identifier	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	25	1	ogretest
Error	7	error C2039: 'BLANK' : is not a member of 'Ogre::StringUtil'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	26	1	ogretest
Error	8	error C2065: 'BLANK' : undeclared identifier	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	26	1	ogretest
Error	9	error C3083: 'WindowEventUtilities': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	48	1	ogretest
Error	10	error C2039: 'removeWindowEventListener' : is not a member of 'Ogre'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	48	1	ogretest
Error	11	error C3861: 'removeWindowEventListener': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	48	1	ogretest
Error	12	error C3083: 'WindowEventUtilities': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	123	1	ogretest
Error	13	error C2039: 'addWindowEventListener' : is not a member of 'Ogre'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	123	1	ogretest
Error	14	error C3861: 'addWindowEventListener': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	123	1	ogretest
Error	15	error C2027: use of undefined type 'Ogre::TextureManager'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	250	1	ogretest
Error	16	error C2228: left of '.setDefaultNumMipmaps' must have class/struct/union	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	250	1	ogretest
Error	17	error C3861: 'getSingleton': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	250	1	ogretest
Error	18	error C2027: use of undefined type 'Ogre::MaterialManager'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	349	1	ogretest
Error	19	error C2228: left of '.setDefaultTextureFiltering' must have class/struct/union	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	349	1	ogretest
Error	20	error C3861: 'getSingleton': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	349	1	ogretest
Error	21	error C2027: use of undefined type 'Ogre::MaterialManager'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	350	1	ogretest
Error	22	error C2228: left of '.setDefaultAnisotropy' must have class/struct/union	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	350	1	ogretest
Error	23	error C3861: 'getSingleton': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	350	1	ogretest
Error	24	error C2027: use of undefined type 'Ogre::TextureManager'	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	378	1	ogretest
Error	25	error C2228: left of '.reloadAll' must have class/struct/union	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	378	1	ogretest
Error	26	error C3861: 'getSingleton': identifier not found	c:\users\username\documents\visual studio 2012\projects\ogretest\ogretest\baseapplication.cpp	378	1	ogretest
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

You are using 1.10 and the wiki framework needs to be updated for it. You can do this manually. Add this to BaseApplication.h:

#include <OgreMaterialManager.h>
#include <OgreTextureManager.h>
#include <OgreWindowEventUtilities.h>
And change Ogre::StringUtil::BLANK to Ogre::BLANKSTRING
ranar
Kobold

Post by ranar »

Yeah that fixed it but i thought for sure i was using the 1.9 version
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

FYI, I just uploaded a new updated Ogre Wiki Tutorial Framework for Ogre 1.10 ("Xalafu").

Links can be found on the respective wiki page.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...