Why no FAQ :) ?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
c6burns
Beholder

Re: Why no FAQ :) ?

Post by c6burns »

Honestly, no offense ... but your contributions to the documentation often confuse me. They are rarely fleshing out concepts with which I see new users struggle. They mainly strike me as your own questions that you personally want answered, but I've rarely seen the community ask. Or questions that only advanced or academic users would care to know the answers, at which point they could answer themselves using a combination of source code and existing documentation.

It's like describing the difference between a carburetor and fuel injection to a crowd of people who just want to start the car's engine. Most users want to take ogre for a drive, not study to be an ogre mechanic. That's just my 2 cents though, so take it as you will :)
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

It's like describing the difference between a carburetor and fuel injection to a crowd of people who just want to start the car's engine.
Joketime :
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Jokes asides , My ideals are :

https://www.opengl.org/archives/resourc ... technical/
http://www.cs.nctu.edu.tw/cis/chinese/d ... Q-English/

In which when looking answers to simple questions, you can learn deeply the concepts behind the language / library ...
It would lots of work to make somethign partly similar for Ogre3d.
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

Also could someone explain why the text displayed is one time Monospaced with large horizontal margins , and the other one "normally " ?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

paul424 wrote:Also could someone explain why the text displayed is one time Monospaced with large horizontal margins , and the other one "normally " ?
Because you had the text tabbed in. I fixed that now.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
paul424
Gnome

Post by paul424 »

I noticed that in real time , wanted to say thanks for that + other minor fixes ... :)