[Help Request] Remodelling from animation set

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
brigas
Gnoblar

[Help Request] Remodelling from animation set

Post by brigas »

Greetings, I am a complete beginner to c4d and trying to learn in spite of everything seeming quite overwhelming.

The project I'm trying to develop for educational purposes is the following:

Starting from this animation set which i used I/Ogre to import into c4d from a m3 file : http://we.tl/kdfNegBQG6

( a screenshot to avoid the hassle of downloading http://i.imgur.com/GRPqyC3.png )

my goal is to replace the demon model with the body of a human and the wings of an angel, decreasing the size of the wings a lot, and all of this without losing the animations.

Now, my problem is that i don't understand at all the machinations of what is going on in this file, I have no familiarity with the terms rigging, skeleton, joint, IK?, baking, etc, much less being able to tell what the model in this file is classified as, if it was possible i would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and tell me the animation and rig system that exist in this file.

I would also like to know if it is possible to achieve my goal, if changing the size of the wings is possible without ruining the animations, and if it is possible to change the model.

If yes I would greatly appreciate being directed to an appropriate tutorial that could help me, I have tried to search but since I dont even know how to identify the animation type or the rig type it's been hard to find the information i need.

Thanks in advance.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [Help Request] Remodelling from animation set

Post by spacegaier »

You seem to be asking for art support in terms of using Cinema4D to do some remodeling. I fail to see how Ogre comes into play here. It might have something to do with the link you posted that is no longer valid. Can you please elaborate?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...