Ogre Plugin Complie Error

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
linxp123
Gnoblar

Ogre Plugin Complie Error

Post by linxp123 »

When I complie the MilkshapeExport in Ogre v0.13.0 with visual studio 6.0.Everything is ok except this plugin.It notice the error like this:
MilkshapePlugin.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static class Ogre::MaterialManager * Ogre::Singleton<class Ogre::MaterialManager>::ms_Singleton" (?ms_Singleton@?$Singleton@VMaterialManager@Ogre@@@Ogre@@1PAVMaterialManager
@2@A)
I have complied and imported the OgreMain.lib correctly.What should I do?
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre Plugin Complie Error

Post by spacegaier »

This is related to an Ogre version mismatch: You seem to be using a fairly new Ogre version, whereas the Milkshape exporter was based on a legacy Ogre version. Since then the central member variable name for the Ogre::Singleton class has changed. That is what the error is basically referring to. Simply changing that should make that linker error disappear.

If you get the exporter to compile and run again, it would be great if you could create a pull-request for our official source code repository on BitBucket, so that we can merge your changes in.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...