How to shift DirectX3D9 to DirectX3D11 with Python-Ogre

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
suzutaka
Gnoblar

How to shift DirectX3D9 to DirectX3D11 with Python-Ogre

Post by suzutaka »

Hi. I would like to know how to change the rendering subsystem from DirectX3D9 to DirectX3D11.
I think that the recent version of Ogre has been compatible with DirectX3D11 to work.
The thing is, I use Python-Ogre, which may use old Ogre.
For my project, I need to stick to Python-Ogre but I would like to use techniques implemented in DirectX3D11.
I do not know how to make DirectX3D11 work so I would like to get advice.
Thank you in advance.

suzutaka
frostbyte
Orc Shaman

Re: How to shift DirectX3D9 to DirectX3D11 with Python-Ogre

Post by frostbyte »

never used python-ogre but AFAIK python ogre is a binding to ogre 1.7 branch which does'nt have dx11...
so i guess youl'e have to try to rebind it to ogre 1.9( initial dx11 support ) and better yet to ogre 1.10( better dx11 support )
there aren't much api changes between 1.7->1.9( overlay system moved... ) so i guess it's not supposed to be such a huge effort..but then again who knows???
i don't know why it was neglected - but i consider it a dead-project http://www.ogre3d.org/addonforums/viewt ... =3&t=29591
i don't see a way out without upgrading/updating the whole binding, sorry :(
please reconsider about either using this binding or about using dx11 features...

Edit: just visited to projects github - and was supprised to see that the project is still alive( sort of ) and updated to 1.8( still no dx11 )
the woods are lovely dark and deep
but i have promises to keep
and miles to code before i sleep
and miles to code before i sleep..

coolest videos link( two minutes paper )...
https://www.youtube.com/user/keeroyz/videos
suzutaka
Gnoblar

[Solved] How to shift DirectX3D9 to DirectX3D11 with Python-

Post by suzutaka »

Thank you, frostbyte.
Actually I do not have very good computer science techniques so it seems to me that the binding is very complicated and time-consuming.
I will not use DirectX11 this time.
My project should still be done with Direct3D9 though DirectX11 makes it much easier.
So for the time being, I want tot focus on how to finish my project with DirectX9.

Thank you anyway!