Strange Issue

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
albertitu
Gnoblar

Strange Issue

Post by albertitu »

I want to compile a new project of OGRE from the beginning (black window), and i have problems!

/usr/bin/ld: main.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '_ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv' is defined in DSO /lib/libboost_system-mt.so.1.53.0 so try adding it to the linker command line

Could you help me to solve them?

Thanks in advance

Albertitu
misiak1989
Gnoblar

Re: Strange Issue

Post by misiak1989 »

You need to add boost to your linker command parameters ;) How are you compiling? The linker complains you should have added "-L /lib/libboost_system-mt.so.1.53.0" parameters... Maybe even simple "-lboost_system-mt" would be enough if the system is configured properly. I see you are not experienced in compiling and/or linking stuff - very often reading of errors/warning in the output is enough to fix the issue. If another issues appear, please provide more details - e.g. exact steps you take to compile/link your project (e.g. "I have code in files a.cpp, b.cpp, c.cpp in directory /home/myuser/myproject, I'm compiling from command line using 'g++ a.cpp b.cpp c.cpp -logre -lboost_system-mtt -o myproject.out'" or something like that).
albertitu
Gnoblar

Re: Strange Issue

Post by albertitu »

misiak1989 wrote:You need to add boost to your linker command parameters ;) How are you compiling? The linker complains you should have added "-L /lib/libboost_system-mt.so.1.53.0" parameters... Maybe even simple "-lboost_system-mt" would be enough if the system is configured properly. I see you are not experienced in compiling and/or linking stuff - very often reading of errors/warning in the output is enough to fix the issue. If another issues appear, please provide more details - e.g. exact steps you take to compile/link your project (e.g. "I have code in files a.cpp, b.cpp, c.cpp in directory /home/myuser/myproject, I'm compiling from command line using 'g++ a.cpp b.cpp c.cpp -logre -lboost_system-mtt -o myproject.out'" or something like that).

Hi misiak1989

Yes you're right! I don't have experience in compiling :( I compile OGRE with Qt creator and i didn't have problems in compile the OgreSDK in linux(fedora19). I can see how the application works fine! My problem has appeared when i wanted to create a new project from the beginnig.
where do i have to add this parameter "-lboost_system-mt" ?

thank you so much for your help!