[1.9] global_scope in compositor

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
def87
Halfling

[1.9] global_scope in compositor

Post by def87 »

I am trying to determine if this is a bug:

When using a temporary texture definition with global_scope the fsaa quality is not the same as when using local_scope.
Looking at OgreCompositorInstance.cpp global_scope textures are actually referenced to the compositor parent rendertarget, which should have the correct fsaa settings.

Just switching a local compositor texture from TS_LOCAL to TS_GLOBAL changes the fsaa quality!

I need the temporary texture in a second compositor which is not active at the same time, that's why I am using global_scope in the first compositor.

Any ideas why this is happening?
def
def87
Halfling

Re: [1.9] global_scope in compositor

Post by def87 »

This problem is not exactly solved, but I found a different approach without using a compositor mit global_scope textures.
def87
Halfling

Re: [1.9] global_scope in compositor

Post by def87 »

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to get a fast copy of a renderbuffer into a new texture.
copyFromFramebuffer() is not exposed in the API.

Doing a texture to texture copy ( copyToTexture() ) is way to slow.
So, I guess, I do need to use a compositor to get a copy of the current scene into a texture for later use. Only the fsaa is off... Why is that?

A different solution would be to render to alternating rendertargets, but this needs a lot of overhead and I am having trouble updating my rendertargets manually...

def