Render Window with higher resolution than OS window

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Pellaeon
Goblin

Render Window with higher resolution than OS window

Post by Pellaeon »

Hi,

I have a wxWidget control which I connect with a ogre render window (with "externalWindowHandle" option). Now I want that my ogre frame buffer has another resolution than my wxWidget window.

E.g. in good-old opengl I created my render context and linked it to my window. Now, when I resized my window and did not adapted the render context, the system blitted the ogl render window (with distortions and so on ...) in my os window. So the framebuffer had another resolution than my os window. How can I do this with ogre in an easy manner?

I tried to call m_renderWindow->resize with a much higher resolution, but this didn't work. I know, I could use render-to-texture to achieve my goal, but I hoped there is a simpler solution because I need no post processing. So I think RTT is overkill. Any ideas?

Best regards

Pellaeon
def87
Halfling

Re: Render Window with higher resolution than OS window

Post by def87 »

Why do you want Ogre to have a different resolution than the wxWidget?

RTT is not overkill, you just render into a different framebuffer (usually FBOs) than the window.
When rendering into a window you are always restricted to the maximum visible size of that window on your desktop.