(Wolf Soul) OGRE EXCEPTION (Internal error)

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Holafish123
Gnoblar

(Wolf Soul) OGRE EXCEPTION (Internal error)

Post by Holafish123 »

Hello all,

I have recently downloaded this game called Wolf Soul. I click on it to open it, and I get this annoying error...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library
.\RenderSystem_Direct3D9. System Error: The specified module could not be found.
in DynLib::load at
C:\kito\git\sources\dependencies\ogre_src_v1-7-4\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp
(line 91)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried everything from reinstalling and etc. Please, if you have a solution tell me. :)
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: (Wolf Soul) OGRE EXCEPTION (Internal error)

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi, these forums is for developers using Ogre, not really for users from third party games using Ogre. You may have better luck contacting the original developers of the game directly.

However, since I'm such a nice guy ( :lol: ) what I do can tell you is that this error often is associated with not having the latest DirectX installed, or because it can't find d3dx9_38.dll/d3dx9_41.dll/d3dx9_42.dll/d3dx9_43.dll (or whatever version of the DirectX SDK the original developer used to compile Ogre) and copying this missing DLL to the folder where the game is located could fix it.

Much more than that I'm afraid we cannot help you.