Mipmapping without filtering

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
mrw
Gnoblar

Mipmapping without filtering

Post by mrw »

Hi,
Is it possible to have OGRE automatically creating and handling mipmaps when filtering is disabled("filtering none" in the materialscript)?
I know that if I create my own downscaled mipmap images I can just add each of those to the materialscript as a seperate texture_unit and lod_index and set filtering to none.
But I want to let OGRE handle all that mipmapping itself so I only provide the main texture and completely disable all filtering, if possible.
areay
Bugbear

Re: Mipmapping without filtering

Post by areay »

Use the complex form of filtering in your material script

FTFM

Complex Format
Format: filtering <minification> <magnification> <mip>
Default: filtering linear linear point

This format gives you complete control over the minification, magnification, and mip filters. Each parameter can be one of the following:

none

Nothing - only a valid option for the ’mip’ filter , since this turns mipmapping off completely. The lowest setting for min and mag is ’point’.
point

Pick the closet pixel in min or mag modes. In mip mode, this picks the closet matching mipmap.
linear

Filter a 2x2 box of pixels around the closest one. In the ’mip’ filter this enables filtering between mipmap levels.
anisotropic

Only valid for min and mag modes, makes the filter compensate for camera-space slope of the triangles. Note that in order for this to make any difference, you must also set the max_anisotropy attribute too.
mrw
Gnoblar

Post by mrw »

Thanks for you reply, but I fail to see how your post will help me.
FTFM
No need to be rude. Ofcourse I have read that, and tried lots of settings.

Especially this part:
none
Nothing - only a valid option for the ’mip’ filter , since this turns mipmapping off completely.
I want to use OGREs automatic mipmapping without filtering. That is to set filtering to "none", which according to the manual disables mipmapping.

This doesn´t mean that I haven´t missed a specific configuration that solves my problem, so if you know how I should set the filtering option in a way that helps me then please let me know.
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

Have you tried using the complex format?

instead of

Code: Select all

filtering none
try

Code: Select all

filtering none none anisotropic