[2.1] How to setup DotScene for Ogre 2.1

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
123iamking
Gremlin

[2.1] How to setup DotScene for Ogre 2.1

Post by 123iamking »

I find that DotScene is an interesting scene manager and I want to use it with Ogre 2.1, but I don't know how.
I have read the main article of DotScene but it didn't tell me how to setup.
So I just clone the source code of DotScene, when I run CMake for DotScene, I don't know what to fill in the option: OGRE_DIR --> I have tried the directory of Ogre source and the directory of Ogre build - but still not working.
Beside, in the CMake file of DotScene require Ogre 1.10 for now, so I don't know if it works with Ogre 2.1.

Code: Select all

find_package(OGRE 1.10 REQUIRED)
However, please suggest me how to properly manage scenes in Ogre 2.1.

Thanks for reading.
tod
Troll

Re: [2.1] How to setup DotScene for Ogre 2.1

Post by tod »

I may be way of base, but I think DotScene is just some manager that is able to load ".scene" files, and may not be supported anymore. As the scene file is an xml or something, it should be relatively easy to parse it yourself. I, for one, never used it, you usually need more that Ogre entities, lights, etc. in any serious project.
You could use the code as is, I mean copy and paste, just for parsing Ogre objects, as a shortcut, and then add what you need,
123iamking
Gremlin

Re: [2.1] How to setup DotScene for Ogre 2.1

Post by 123iamking »

tod wrote:I may be way of base, but I think DotScene is just some manager that is able to load ".scene" files, and may not be supported anymore. As the scene file is an xml or something, it should be relatively easy to parse it yourself. I, for one, never used it, you usually need more that Ogre entities, lights, etc. in any serious project.
You could use the code as is, I mean copy and paste, just for parsing Ogre objects, as a shortcut, and then add what you need,
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the way Ogre Sample's setup scene for now :)