Trying to build Mogre - Build errors VS2013

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
defcon8
Gnoblar

Trying to build Mogre - Build errors VS2013

Post by defcon8 »

Hi i'm trying to build Mogre, but the built proces failed. In the end it cant find C:\MyMogreBuild\Main\Mogre_vs2013.sln. I checked the path, the file isn't there. SLN files for VS2012 and 2012 are there.. but no 2013. It lookls like Mogrebuilder checked out the wrong source? I did probably something wrong. I followed this build procedure:

https://bitbucket.org/mogre/mogrebuilder

Here is the buid outputs tail, please help,

=================

Running CMake again to include fresh built Ogre depencies
-- Could not locate POCO
-- Could not locate TBB
-- Could not locate OIS
-- Could not locate CppUnit
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
Building Mogre
The build stopped unexpectedly because of an internal failure.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan bestand C:\myMogreBuild\Main\Mogre_vs2013.sln niet vinden.
Bestandsnaam: C:\myMogreBuild\Main\Mogre_vs2013.sln
bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bij System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bij System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bij Microsoft.Build.Construction.SolutionParser.GetSolutionFileAndVisualStudioMajorVersions(String solutionFile, Int32& solutionVersion, Int32& visualStudioMajorVersion)
bij Microsoft.Build.Execution.ProjectInstance.LoadSolutionForBuild(String projectFile, PropertyDictionary`1 globalPropertiesInstances, String toolsVersion, BuildParameters buildParameters, ILoggingService loggingService, BuildEventContext projectBuildEventContext, Boolean isExplicitlyLoaded)
bij Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.LoadSolutionIntoConfiguration(BuildRequestConfiguration config, BuildEventContext buildEventContext)
bij Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.HandleNewRequest(Int32 node, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
bij Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.IssueRequestToScheduler(BuildSubmission submission, Boolean allowMainThreadBuild, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
Failed to build Main\Mogre_vs2013.sln

Duration: 1 hour 14 minutes

Press any key to continue...

C:\mogrebuilder\bin_Debug>
defcon8
Gnoblar

Re: Trying to build Mogre - Build errors VS2013

Post by defcon8 »

Ps, my goal is to build Mogre DLL's that can be used in my existing x64 .NET 4.6. application.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

defcon8 wrote:SLN files for VS2012 and 2012 are there.. but no 2013. It lookls like Mogrebuilder checked out the wrong source?
Mogre was abandoned a while ago (it has only reached Ogre 1.8, it doesn't support 1.9, 1.10, 2.0 or 2.1), so I wouldn't be surprised to see that Mogrebuilder doesn't support VS2013.
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

I think it's more to do with the 64bit build try 32bit first and see if it works.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

It's a shame it's so hard to keep up to date, I tried building Mogre years ago but it was painful so I went back to an older binary.
While I don't like C# in general, having Ogre support for it would be very useful. C# has gained a lot of popularity thanks to programs like Unity.

I wonder what the state of automatic wrappers for c++ to c# is these days?
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

Kojack wrote:I wonder what the state of automatic wrappers for c++ to c# is these days?
Check http://www.swig.org/