Fit Trainer Online

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
warplydesigned
Gnoblar

Fit Trainer Online

Post by warplydesigned »

This is a 3d application we are building for the fitness industry using ogre 3d.

http://warplydesigned.com/p/fittraineronline/

So far I am the only programmer on the project but I have 2 good artist so at least things are going to look good :)
tod
Troll

Re: Fit Trainer Online

Post by tod »

Yeah, but what does it do? :roll:
areay
Bugbear

Post by areay »

Yeah, post a vid of 'gameplay'.

Looks like the artists spent a lot of time on that female fitness model :lol:
warplydesigned
Gnoblar

Post by warplydesigned »

The application has a few features:

One it allows people to learn about all the bones in the body and how each joint moves.
It allows people to learn about the muscle systems and the best exercises to target each specific muscle.

I am adding features that not only will show correct form but also incorrect form.

A member using the app can select an exercise and the 3d module will perform the exercise in a 3d gym environment explaining the proper techniques, common technique mistakes , along with the camera zooming in for a close up of the target muscles. When showing the incorrect technique the app shows what muscles are targeted along with how and why injuries occurred.

Finally it will link in with the other personal trainer parts of the application allowing trainers to visually creat fitness programs for there clients based on muscles they are targeting. For example the trainer clicks on a muscle group on the 3d character then fine tunes what exact muscle from the group they wish to target from a HUD menu. Then they will get a list of exercises to choose from. Once the program has been created then can playback the fitness program to make sure they have not missed anything.

I hope that gives a better idea of what the app does. I will post a video when I am more satisfied with the quality as it still has quite a bit of work left.
tod
Troll

Post by tod »

Will the exercises be just a bunch of skeleton animations or are you planning some physics simulation, or maybe inverse kinematics?
warplydesigned
Gnoblar

Post by warplydesigned »

Well in the long run I am planing to have this system run by AI so at the beginning I might have just static then continue to add more advanced realism. If there were more programmers on the project I wood go inverse kinematics from the beginning.

Ideally in the long run the system will learn from all the personal trainers and based on the clients goals, starting point and progress it will adopt and change the program dynamically. If this to work I think the AI will need full control over the movements.