[SOLVED] Exporting Skeletons from Blender problem

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
alelink
Halfling

[SOLVED] Exporting Skeletons from Blender problem

Post by alelink »

Hello,
I have an object with an Armature and an Action.
When I try to export from blender 2.45 I got this log from the OgreXMLConverter:

Code: Select all

00:56:02: Skeleton: Loading Gh-Armature.skeleton
00:56:02: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource Gh-Armature.skeleton in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /Users/steve/projects/Eihort_clean/ogrenew/Mac/Ogre/../../OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 604)
00:56:02: Unable to load skeleton Gh-Armature.skeleton for Mesh conversion. This Mesh will not be animated. You can ignore this message if you are using an offline tool

after that I haven't a skeleton file for my mesh, only the xml skeleton file.

If I try with a simple mesh, like a Sphere, with one bone and an Action,
I got a similar output from the XMLconverter, but this time I have the right
skeleton file.

What's wrong?

thanks!
Last edited by alelink on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alelink
Halfling

Post by alelink »

hi,
I've solved the issue recompiling the OgreXMLConverter against new version of ogre and passing the skeleton from the terminal to the tool.
Lestat
Gnoblar

It doesn't work :(

Post by Lestat »

hello

I use Blender 2.45 to generate the .blend files and the last script to generate the .skeleton.xml and .mesh.xml files
I've python 2.5

I first do (in the terminal) :
OgreXMLConverter femme.skeleton.xml
there is no error
then I do it with femme.mesh.xml
here is my error :
Unable to load skeleton Femme-monArmature.skeleton for Mesh conversion. This Mesh will not be animated. You can ignore this message if you are using an offline tool.
the file specified is in the same directory

I don't understand th answer :s
How can I recompile the OgreXMLConverter ? I just have a OgreXMLConverter.exe file...

thanks
Last edited by Lestat on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
alelink
Halfling

Post by alelink »

Hi Lestat,
I think you can find the sources for the command line tools in the Ogre Source SDK.
Maybe you don't need to rebuild the OgreXMLConverter if you are under WIN. I use OSX and the pre-built command line tools were outdated.

Try to run the OgreXMLConverter through the blender2ogre plugin interface.
Lestat
Gnoblar

Post by Lestat »

Hi,
thank you for your answer,
but when I try to run the OgreXMLConverter in Blender (when I launch th exporting script) it just create the .xml files and does not launch th OgreXMLConverter :(, so I'm obliged to launch it in the terminal
I've tried with manual and auto option but none of then works :(

I've just look at the OgreXMLConverter.log file and there is, jsut before the "unable to load..." :
skeleton: loading Femme-moarmature.skeleton
OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource Femme-monarmature.skeleton in resource group general or in any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 603).
alelink
Halfling

Post by alelink »

when you select the "manual" option, you must provide the right path to the OgreXMLConverter in the text box below.
Lestat
Gnoblar

Post by Lestat »

ok it seems that in blender OgreXMLConverter is launched because it says :
Running OgreXMLConverter: ""C:\OgreCommandLineTools" -log "C:\Documents and Settings\...\OgreXMLConverter.log" "C:\Document
after the line is cut and I can't read what follows :(

when I go in the specified directory C:\Documents and Settings\...\OgreXMLConverter.log the .log file is not there :( neither the .mesh file, there is just the .xml files and the .materials.
kerozcak
Gnoblar

Post by kerozcak »

Hi,
Anyone solved problem other than recompiling ConsoleTools?
I have the same problem with converting mesh with skeleton...

02:02:13: Skeleton: Loading anubis-Armature.skeleton
02:02:13: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource anubis-Armature.skeleton in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 603)
anubis-Armature.skeleton file is in the same directory, but OgreXMLConverted doesn't "see" it :(
Julgood
Gnoblar

Post by Julgood »

I have exactly the same problem so if anyone has a solution, it would be grateful
alextreme
Gnoblar

Post by alextreme »

For the record, the "
Unable to load skeleton X.skeleton for Mesh conversion. This Mesh will not be animated. You can ignore this message if you are using an offline tool." warning doesn't matter in this case. Although it isn't very clear, OgreXMLConverter is afaik an 'offline tool'.

I've tried exporting a mesh with armature from blender to .mesh format, and in spite of this warning the animation worked perfectly in Ogre3D.
johnDonson
Gnoblar

Exporting Skeletons from Blender problem

Post by johnDonson »

I keep encountering this strange problem, I mean strange because nobody besides me seems to have it.
I am using Ogre 1.6 SDK on OS X 10.5.5. I am trying to export a simple armature animation from Blender 2.48a (with py2.5.2) and using OgreCommandLineTools which I've compiled against Ogre 1.6 (the website version seems to be 1.4). Now when I open my mesh on WindowsXP in CEGUIMeshViewer it's A-OK animated just as I want it. But when I try to load the model into my application I get this:
Mesh: Loading MyMesh.mesh.
Skeleton: Loading MyMesh.skeleton
Mesh: Loading MyMesh.skeleton.
An exception has occurred: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [Serializer_v1.10] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at /Users/steve/projects/Shoggoth_clean/ogre/Mac/Ogre/../../OgreMain/src/OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 115)
An exception has occurred: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Cannot find serializer implementation for current version [Serializer_v1.10] in MeshSerializer::importMesh at /Users/steve/projects/Shoggoth_clean/ogre/Mac/Ogre/../../OgreMain/src/OgreMeshSerializer.cpp (line 115)
Which I do not really understand. It's a pretty old serializer from what I've dug up on the forums...
I am using OgreMeshUpgrader compiled by me, downloaded with Ogre 1.6 source from 28 August 08. And it also says (when serialising the .mesh) that it can't load the skeleton and (when serialising the skeleton) that the version is 1.1.0 and no candy for me...

As far as I can see in the code on line 115 in ImportMesh:

// Find the implementation to use
        MeshSerializerImplMap::iterator impl = mImplementations.find(ver);
        if (impl == mImplementations.end())
        {
            OGRE_EXCEPT(Exception::ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR, "Cannot find serializer implementation for "
                "current version " + ver, "MeshSerializer::importMesh");
        }
where ver is imported from the file, it turns out that the BLENDER EXPORTER is producing a mesh that is totally outdated... How is this possible, that other people don't get problems and that CEGUI manages to read the mesh?

By the way I have

String MeshSerializer::msCurrentVersion = "[MeshSerializer_v1.40]";
in Ogre 1.6. Is that fine?

Help... Please. . . ;)