Maya 2009 exporter or vs 2008 project files?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Grognard
Kobold

Maya 2009 exporter or vs 2008 project files?

Post by Grognard »

I've compiled maya plugins before and even made a couple, but it's a giant pain to set them up and it's been a while.

Has anyone already done this for maya 2009 in windows? It's the only version I have and would be a huge pain to change and cost money to boot. I'm using visual C++ which would also cause big problems to upgrade since there's no more inlining in versions after that, but I think I can convert pretty easily to 2008 if there's project files available.

Hoping/praying it's out there because I don't want to go through making project files from scratch again, and also it may not be totally compatible/take extra work.

EDIT: Ah, I see there are VS 2008 files, but if someone has it precompiled for Maya 2009, even better.
metaldev
Orc Shaman

Re: Maya 2009 exporter or vs 2008 project files?

Post by metaldev »

a quick google search turned this up: http://n0n4m3.codingcorner.net/?p=285

does that work?

It definitely exists because I used to use it on Maya 2009 on Windows.
Grognard
Kobold

Post by Grognard »

metaldev wrote:a quick google search turned this up: http://n0n4m3.codingcorner.net/?p=285

does that work?

It definitely exists because I used to use it on Maya 2009 on Windows.
Thanks, I will see if that one works for 1.8.0. I think I figured out what version the source code was for. I didn't realize the tag names were for different versions. I think I might have to compile for maya 2009 on the exact same version I am using but maybe not.
metaldev
Orc Shaman

Post by metaldev »

you don't have to match the Ogre version to the exporter, only the Maya version.
At worst, Ogre will complain in the log 'this is an outdated mesh' when it loads it, but it will work.
Then if you want you can use the meshUpdater to upgrade the .mesh.
Grognard
Kobold

Post by Grognard »

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your help, seems to be working.