The Ogre Steam Group thread

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

The Ogre Steam Group thread

Post by betajaen »

I started this Stream group a few months ago, and mistakely made it private. I finally found the setting today to make it public, it's open to all Ogre and Ogre addon programmers who use steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ogre/

Although we talk shop on the forums, it's always nice to let off some steam (no pun intended) and meet in battle. Hope to see you there. :D
Last edited by betajaen on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by HexiDave »

MEDIC!

Signed up.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Wolfmanfx

Signed up :D
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Pyro/Gimp: mmfrrfrrreffeesfrrr!

Translation: count me in!
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: Ogre3D Steam Group, We band of programmers.

Post by stoneCold »

betajaen wrote:I started this Stream group a few months ago, and mistakely made it private. I finally found the setting today to make it public, it's open to all Ogre and Ogre addon programmers who use steam.
And again, the global psychic memory of the ogre community has been proven to exist.
Just yesterday (during battle) I thought about contacting you for joining the group :wink:

Bloody brilliant!
nullsquared
Old One

Post by nullsquared »

Count me in ;). Anyone play HL2:DM? Because that's the only game I have on this account (cubed), all of my other games are on my squared account :lol:
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

stoneCold wrote:And again, the global psychic memory of the ogre community has been proven to exist.
Indeed, and out-side of time as well. Perhaps I can project myself out into the forums, for someone to bring me food for tomorrow tea-time. :D

@Sinbad

I prmoted you to be one of the groups officers. The post is up to you; it can be merely symbolic or you can order everyone around to do your evil bidding. I will also promote any other Ogre Team members who join as well.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

betajaen wrote: @Sinbad

I prmoted you to be one of the groups officers. The post is up to you; it can be merely symbolic or you can order everyone around to do your evil bidding. I will also promote any other Ogre Team members who join as well.
Bwah ha ha ha haaaa.... *ahem*. I humbly accept. :)
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

Nice! I'll join. Anyone here plays TF2? I'm a defensive spy kinda guy. :)
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

nikki wrote:Anyone here plays TF2? I'm a defensive spy kinda guy. :)
stoneCold wrote:Bloody brilliant!
That was meant as a hint :wink:
(it's one of the demoman's phrases)

I play quite all classes, except sniper and spy, but simply because my old notebook can't handle TF2 that well and it's just a pain,
playing sniper or spy when the game doesn't give you more than ~20 FPS and stutters badly when you see more than 5 guys on screen.

/me can't await to get his new notebook, and put on 007's cloth :D
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

I hope people don't mind. But I would like to use that as the Steam group avatar. I tried just with the Ogre head and sinbad's swords underneath, but the proportions are wrong. So I thought a coat of arms instead, it's not complicated and there are limited amount of colours. I had to re-draw Sinbads swords from scratch though, because the original doesn't scale to well.

Of course if one of our talented professional artists can touch on that - Brilliant, but it kinda goes with the cartoony style, our Ogre has.
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

I'll act as cannon fodder while you steal the intel.
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

Maybe we should make an Ogre TF2 clan.
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

@nikki: Just because of your saying about beeing spy, I gave him a try again today and it was so great fun.
I even made some captures on ctf_2fort with nearly no effort (compared to beeing soldier, demo, etc.) and I also love(d) the feeling that sentries are no longer real enemies :twisted:
danharibo wrote:I'll act as cannon fodder while you steal the intel.
All their intel are belong to us. :D
nikki wrote:Maybe we should make an Ogre TF2 clan.
I won't say "no", as long as I/we have got time for it :wink:

cheers
nikki
Old One

Post by nikki »

stoneCold wrote:@nikki: Just because of your saying about beeing spy, I gave him a try again today and it was so great fun.
I even made some captures on ctf_2fort with nearly no effort (compared to beeing soldier, demo, etc.) and I also love(d) the feeling that sentries are no longer real enemies :twisted:
I actually almost never play 2fort, except if I want to have some sniping fun. I usually play Goldrush or Dustbowl, where I'm always a spy on defense, and a demoman on offense.

Defensive spy gets me to the top of the scoreboard fast (it isn't about score... but we win anyway :) ).
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by johnhpus »

I just joined this group, and after joining I was screwing around with Steam and clicked on another group I joined a long time ago.

Anyway, this group is administrated by a former coworker who I like to keep in touch with. He has a crass sense of humor and has made the motto of the group "we put the aids in gay". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds offensive. I just wanted to disavow that slogan in case anyone should find themselves looking at my profile.

It wasn't there or I didn't notice it when I joined. I looked for a link to leave the group and couldn't find one.
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

johnhpus wrote:...I looked for a link to leave the group and couldn't find one.
Simply open up steam, go to the community tab, scroll down to your groups, and at the left of each group there should be a "Leave Group" link.

cheers
Raketenmann
Kobold

Post by Raketenmann »

"Thank you , Herr Doktor"

Proud to be by your side: Raketenmann
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

Glad to have you aboard!

On another note: Does anyone have a copy of the Ogre logo? The face part, I mean. I have a better Steam Group avatar planned but the ones I've found are too small.
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by betajaen »

I'm interested in setting up a game of Team Fortress 2; Just a general kick around on some sort of hosted server. Just a friendly match or two against each other.

- Day/Time: I was thinking Sunday 13th. It's a good day, since everyone has the day off work. Time is a little more difficult to decide upon since we all live in different time zones; possibly early evening GMT; or even Noon.

- Server: I can't host. So if someone else could host for us; or "take over a pub" as Nikki puts it.
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

betajaen wrote:I'm interested in setting up a game of Team Fortress 2; Just a general kick around on some sort of hosted server. Just a friendly match or two against each other.

- Day/Time: I was thinking Sunday 13th. It's a good day, since everyone has the day off work. Time is a little more difficult to decide upon since we all live in different time zones; possibly early evening GMT; or even Noon.

- Server: I can't host. So if someone else could host for us; or "take over a pub" as Nikki puts it.
Hey, It's my birthday on the 13th :D (Or as I like to put it, "It's my birthday in a few hours")

I would host, but I have a shit ass upload speed.
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by HexiDave »

Awesome, I'll be there. Hopefully I won't be as bad as today, though.

I did kill three people while doing a rocket jump, so maybe it wasn't all bad (also made my Ogre avatar into an animated spray :D )
danharibo
Minaton

Post by danharibo »

I was playing a great roud with hexidave, and my router crashed :roll:
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by HexiDave »

So that's where you went. I had a "Slot reserved something something" and then hopped back and you were gone.

Was my first time really trying Pyro (I started back the day of the pyro patch, or right before it, so I got some medic stuff instead). I did managed to knock a Heavy into a big pit on one map while he was about to tear our team up.

Think I'll stick to Soldier/Medic - seem to be my best ones. I used to play Quake 3 religiously, so I've got rockets on the brain.
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by stoneCold »

betajaen wrote:- Server: I can't host. So if someone else could host for us; or "take over a pub" as Nikki puts it.
I've got admin rights on [url=steam://connect/194.169.211.15:27080]194.169.211.15:27080[/url]
Although it's (just) a 16 slot server, since it was originally thought for CS:Source.
If that limitation doesn't matter, we can get the match going there.

:wink: