Navi

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Jedimace1
Kobold

Post by Jedimace1 »

Hmm, I found a few things that might help me use Navi. Here they are:
Forum post about using VC++ 2008 - http://navi.agelessanime.com/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=112
Gecko 1.9 - https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Gecko

It says on that post(first link) that they will upgrade Navi to 1.9 as soon as it comes out, but as you can see in the second link, it is out. If you scroll down on the forum post, you see a link posted by Marc. That is the modded version of the dependencies for Navi that compile just fine in VC++ 2008. I need the "astral.lib" file, but the dependencies did not compile one. Any help?
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Well the next version of Navi (that is in the SVN currently) will use Awesomium (Chromium wrapper) instead of Aurora (Gecko wrapper). The problems with Gecko to compile to vc9 make it really hard to provide (you can find another thread on the navi forum where i searched but got stuck).

As the Awesomium/Chromium has been proved to be portable to vc9 (i did it and provided it in the mailing list) then the coming next version of Navi should be easily compatible (i think aj will need someone else to compile the vc9 awesomium dll, think i'll help).

Take a look there : http://groups.google.com/group/awesomiu ... 1dd3bae3d8

And there : http://navi.agelessanime.com/forum/view ... ?f=6&t=245
CoreDumped
Gremlin

Re: Navi

Post by CoreDumped »

Thanks for the amazing lib. I cannot get the keyboard input to work with NaviMaterial

I am injecting mouse input on the navi material and can see text selection and also the caret on the textbox. but the navi is not getting hooked to the keyboard.

Screenshot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23370020@N03/3153662882/

Please Help

Thanks.
tdep
Gnoblar

Post by tdep »

I'm having some trouble with navimaterial.

I'm creating a navimaterial and applying it to a MyGUI staticImage using the Ogre texture the navi creates. On my work computer everything looks right, but on my computer at home, the navi texture is excatly 1.5 times smaller than the static image.

My home computer only have limited support for NPOT, but I don't see this as being the cause because, 1: setting the static image to another NPOT texture works fine and 2: the static image is 674x753, so the navi material being 1.5 times smaller on both sides, wouldn't make for a POT texture.

Code: Select all

browserNavi = navi->createNaviMaterial("BrowserNavi",674,753,Ogre::FO_NONE);
		browserNavi->loadFile("intro.html");
		bimage = window->createWidget<MyGUI::StaticImage>("StaticImage", MyGUI::IntCoord(0,0,674,753), MyGUI::ALIGN_DEFAULT);
		bimage->setImageTexture("BrowserNaviTexture");
getDerivedUV gives me: 0.000000,0.000000,0.658203,0.735352 which again doesn't match 1.5 on each side?

I use awesomium - Any ideas to what I do wrong?
jaaku1111
Gnoblar

Post by jaaku1111 »

Anyone had any luck compiling (the new) Navi with vs2008?

I got it compiled but I'm experiencing the same results as I've seen others have. crashes whenever you try and execute javascript? (crashes demo when you click buttons)
(another note:) I also experience a LONG delay in startup (after all the materials and such load) I've tried this on 2 computers, its not so bad on a fast desktop, but its still pretty noticeable. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to eliminate/reduce it? (granted this is debug mode, but its so long, that debugging my game would become a nightmare, its like a 1-2 min delay on my notebook)
(yet another note:) I tested in release mode on my desktop, and its blazing fast startup, so this may just be a debug speed thing, defiantly not a show stopper if there's a way to get around the crash on events (in release). Or a way to speed this startup in debug would also be good...

@ajs: this still coming along? This is a very handy gui system. I'd love to try and use it in a project I'm getting started on, but I'd really like to stick to vs2008 express (love free stuff!)

Keep up the good work, I think the move to Chrome was a good move.
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

tdep wrote:I'm having some trouble with navimaterial.

I'm creating a navimaterial and applying it to a MyGUI staticImage using the Ogre texture the navi creates. On my work computer everything looks right, but on my computer at home, the navi texture is excatly 1.5 times smaller than the static image.

My home computer only have limited support for NPOT, but I don't see this as being the cause because, 1: setting the static image to another NPOT texture works fine and 2: the static image is 674x753, so the navi material being 1.5 times smaller on both sides, wouldn't make for a POT texture.

Code: Select all

browserNavi = navi->createNaviMaterial("BrowserNavi",674,753,Ogre::FO_NONE);
		browserNavi->loadFile("intro.html");
		bimage = window->createWidget<MyGUI::StaticImage>("StaticImage", MyGUI::IntCoord(0,0,674,753), MyGUI::ALIGN_DEFAULT);
		bimage->setImageTexture("BrowserNaviTexture");
getDerivedUV gives me: 0.000000,0.000000,0.658203,0.735352 which again doesn't match 1.5 on each side?

I use awesomium - Any ideas to what I do wrong?
Because your videocard has limited support for non-power-of-two textures, it is creating a texture with the next-highest power-of-two dimensions and blitting to only a section of that texture.

In your case, the next highest POT size would be 1024 x 1024 (notice that if you multiply the derived UV for the width by 1024, you get your original width, [0.658203 * 1024 = 674]).

So, as described in the documentation, you need to scale the UV's of your destination quad to match those given by Navi::getDerivedUV.
jaaku1111 wrote:Anyone had any luck compiling (the new) Navi with vs2008?

I got it compiled but I'm experiencing the same results as I've seen others have. crashes whenever you try and execute javascript? (crashes demo when you click buttons)
(another note:) I also experience a LONG delay in startup (after all the materials and such load) I've tried this on 2 computers, its not so bad on a fast desktop, but its still pretty noticeable. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to eliminate/reduce it? (granted this is debug mode, but its so long, that debugging my game would become a nightmare, its like a 1-2 min delay on my notebook)
(yet another note:) I tested in release mode on my desktop, and its blazing fast startup, so this may just be a debug speed thing, defiantly not a show stopper if there's a way to get around the crash on events (in release). Or a way to speed this startup in debug would also be good...

@ajs: this still coming along? This is a very handy gui system. I'd love to try and use it in a project I'm getting started on, but I'd really like to stick to vs2008 express (love free stuff!)

Keep up the good work, I think the move to Chrome was a good move.
I am indeed still working on Awesomium and am nearing a final release for v1.0-- NaviLibrary will then be updated to take advantage of this new version (which should fix most of the issues you describe).

You can find out more information about the upcoming official release of Awesomium here and can find new updates to its progress at my blog.
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

By the way, I've just released a new demo and video for Awesomium v1.0! You can find more info at this blog post.
Nauk
Gnoll

Post by Nauk »

ORSM! - as is your new site "Prince of Code", I totally love the style :)
jaaku1111
Gnoblar

Post by jaaku1111 »

ajs15822 wrote:By the way, I've just released a new demo and video for Awesomium v1.0! You can find more info at this blog post.

Sweet! very looking forward to trying this. Specifically I wanted to emulate a 'journal' inside my game, and wasn't looking forward to trying to make up some sort of text box that I could style to look like a book... with Navi it should be easy as cake :)

Thanks again :)
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

Hey everyone, NaviLibrary v2.0 RC1 has just been released! You can find out more info here: http://princeofcode.com/blog/?p=89
JeDi
Gnome

Post by JeDi »

Thanks a lot! I was waiting for this for some time now...
mikeInside
Kobold

Post by mikeInside »

ajs15822 wrote:Hey everyone, NaviLibrary v2.0 RC1 has just been released! You can find out more info here: http://princeofcode.com/blog/?p=89

Got the new version running, and it's working a treat :) Thanks Alex!

Although I'm a excited about Akarui as well. When that's released I'll have a hard decision to make :p

Edit: I think someone has mentioned this to you already, but KeyboardHook.h is still not included in RC1. It's also missing NaviMouse... I had already written my own mouse manager by the time I realised you included one with old versions of Navi, so I haven't tested it yet, but looks like it could have been useful to have.
Crazy_Yellow_Rabbit
Gnoblar

Post by Crazy_Yellow_Rabbit »

you piss me off ! Awesomium, Hikari, Navi... why are you so talented ?
I had the same idea as you, just fews moths too late...i just need to buy a second brain and i will find, code, test, release the next "killing app" you have in mind. :twisted:

Back to Navi it's an excellent job, thanks for your work.
i am not crazy, no, no,no i'm not !!!
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

@mikeInside:

Glad you like it!

Yeah, sorry about the lack of some critical files in the RC1 SDK-- a new (and much improved!) NaviLibrary SDK will be out in a few days.

Akarui (which is my upcoming graphics-engine-independent, NPAPI-based Flash embedding library) will soon find its place as the new back-end for Hikari-- I'll have an experimental build out shortly for that as well.

PS. You were close, but my name is actually Adam ;)

@Crazy_Yellow_Rabbit:

You're welcome! (I think?) :oops:
mikeInside
Kobold

Post by mikeInside »

PS. You were close, but my name is actually Adam
Hahah dammit... I realised my mistake a fortnight ago and surreptitiously edited my post on your forum, thinking I had gotten away without anyone seeing my error, yet forgetting about my post here. Sorry Adam :P
jtarbox
Gnoblar

Post by jtarbox »

So, moving from Gecko/llmozlib to Awesomium limits this for Win32 only?

I loved the idea of using html/javascript for UI objects, but I still wanted cross platform capabilities.. Is it still possible to use gecko/llmozlib in other platforms?

Thanks,
Jon
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

jtarbox wrote:So, moving from Gecko/llmozlib to Awesomium limits this for Win32 only?

I loved the idea of using html/javascript for UI objects, but I still wanted cross platform capabilities.. Is it still possible to use gecko/llmozlib in other platforms?

Thanks,
Jon
Awesomium works/will work on all platforms since chromium is starting to work on them lately
jtarbox
Gnoblar

Post by jtarbox »

Given the dev post about the linux/mac versions, I'm not exactly feeling the love here..
In order to get more feedback from developers, we have early developer channel versions of Google Chrome for Mac OS X and Linux, but whatever you do, please DON'T DOWNLOAD THEM! Unless of course you are a developer or take great pleasure in incomplete, unpredictable, and potentially crashing software.

How incomplete? So incomplete that, among other things , you won't yet be able to view YouTube videos, change your privacy settings, set your default search provider, or even print.

Meanwhile, we'll get back to trying to get Google Chrome on these platforms stable enough for a beta release as soon as possible!
Any the alpha is Ubuntu/Debian only. I'm not even going to bother trying to get it working in Fedora.

Thanks,
Jon
teofil20
Gnoblar

Post by teofil20 »

Wow navi is great .would somebody point me to some tutorials please. thanks
kallaspriit
Gnoblar

Post by kallaspriit »

Is Navi still being developed? Managed to build it from SVN with Ogre 1.7 but encountered the javascript problem - application crashing whenever a button is clicked. Tried using the RC, but could not get it to compile with old, stable nor latest beta Awesomium.

I am a web-developer myself and using HTML, CSS and JS for GUI would be great.

Is this project still alive and Navi a viable GUI option?
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

The next version of Navi will be in progress once a stable version of the new Awesomium is out (adams said).
For more informations, follow : http://www.khrona.com/
ajs15822
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by ajs15822 »

kallaspriit wrote:Is Navi still being developed? Managed to build it from SVN with Ogre 1.7 but encountered the javascript problem - application crashing whenever a button is clicked. Tried using the RC, but could not get it to compile with old, stable nor latest beta Awesomium.

I am a web-developer myself and using HTML, CSS and JS for GUI would be great.

Is this project still alive and Navi a viable GUI option?
Hey there Ogre3D forums, sorry for the disappearance!

I've had to pause development on NaviLibrary (and Hikari/Akarui, Canvas, Player, etc.) for the past year and a half due to time constraints. Between going to university courses full-time and working on getting my tech startup, Khrona, off the ground, I can scarcely find the time to sleep much less devote the proper amount of time it takes to develop these libraries further!

These projects are still my pride and joy (I love seeing all the cool things everyone makes with them!) and so I really would like to continue development on them in the near future. I should have that chance soon as I'll be graduating (I'm majoring in Computer Science, of course :D) in two weeks! Expect to see more of me and new updates to all my projects in the coming months.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Wooh! :)
Nice seeing you 'round the Ogre fora - break a leg for the exams - I'm sure you'll pass with flying colo(u)rs (and Merit). :D
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
xadhoom
Minaton

Post by xadhoom »

And for everybody who doesn´t know it:
Awesomium can be also directly used from within MyGUI instead of Navi...

Good luck aj!

xad
kallaspriit
Gnoblar

Post by kallaspriit »

Great to hear, looking forward to a chrome-based version that works with Ogre 1.7 :)