[Video] Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
rewb0rn
Greenskin

[Video] Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by rewb0rn »

Hi everyone,

I would like to present my current project, a Multiplayer Deathmatch Vehicle Shooter:
This is the basic idea: The player starts a new career (preferably all online) and purchases a bot with given slots in different sizes. Additionally he can buy plugins for these slots, like turbines and weapons, which he can then attach to the bot. With that bot the player can participate in deathmatch tournaments to earn money through frags, or eventually lose money through necessaray repairs. Need-for-Speed alike there should be better bots and plugins unlocked during the career. The following classes of plugins are planned:

External:
- Weapons with projectiles (machine guns)
- Lasers that heat the target
- rocket launchers (free flying and chasing)
- turbines
- cameras the player can look through and that can be destroyed
- shield generators
- rocket targets that irritate controlled rockets
- drones that provide slots themselfes and that can be used to create 3rd person camera-systems

Internal:
- Cooling system to cool down plugins or hits by lasers
- energy-level that drops when too many plugins are used simultaneously
- motherboard with slots where the player can attach cards to, e.g. to extend the HUD, automate certain functions etc. Advanced motherboards might provide certain features onboard

This is a video of the current state of the game:

[youtube]bKfzoIrQJ2c[/youtube]

All models are placeholders and should be replaced in the final game.

The game currently uses Ogre, Ogitor, Bullet, RakNet, Hydrax, SkyX and TinyXml. Big thanks to everyone behind these projects! To defeat lag-issues I use client-side-prediction with interpolation, in addition I plan to turn back the time on the serverside by the ping of that player, everytime a player shoots, so that all projectiles are created where the player has been when he pulled the trigger.

Finally: I am looking for funding for this game so any hints on this are appreciated! I am looking forward to feedback and critique.

Thanks
Last edited by rewb0rn on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Re: Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by Slappy »

It looks fine, but I have few points:
- Ogre allows you to take screens, use this feature :)
- put some video online with some chase or battle, it will look better!

Do you want to release it as indie game?
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/
rewb0rn
Greenskin

Post by rewb0rn »

Hey,

thanks, I am going to do a video soon when I have finished some more features. Currently I am finishing the rocket launcher and afterwards I am going to add Hydrax and Sky-X to make it look cooler. I just had to quickly drop a screenshot after a productive session :) I would like to release it somehow in time, but I have no concrete plans, yet.
rewb0rn
Greenskin

Post by rewb0rn »

Added video and detailed description
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [Video] Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by spacegaier »

Looking really nice already...and I love the fact that you use Ogitor and are notifying us in case of bugs and other hickups.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
rewb0rn
Greenskin

Post by rewb0rn »

Well I have to thank you for providing such a mighty and flexible tool, it saves me a lot of work :)
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

I guess you are working with Ogitor 0.4? If so, you will probably love the next release, since there are a lot of new features and possibilities to expect :) .
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
rewb0rn
Greenskin

Post by rewb0rn »

Yes I am, after some experience with development branches I prefer stable builds, it saves time building the libs every now and then and there are no broken builds ;) Looking forward to it!