Windows 8 Preview

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Windows 8 Preview

Post by Zonder »

I eventually got round to installing this on a VM. All installed ok downloaded ultimate of visual studio ok great. hmm going a bit slow i'll give it more ram, wait how do I shut the bugger down????

Well I had to google it thats bad turns out you Click Start -> Settings -> Power wtf lol
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
lingfors
Hobgoblin

Re: Windows 8 Preview

Post by lingfors »

Did you try pushing the power button?

I haven't tried WIndows 8 myself yet, but I guess it, like Apple products, aren't made do be shut down hard unless you REALLY have to. For instance, I once had to help my poor mother with her iPad because Safari browser had freezed... Had to Google how to do a hard reboot, shutting it down "normally" just put it to sleep, and when I turned it back on Safari was still frozen...
Zonder
Ogre Magi

Re: Windows 8 Preview

Post by Zonder »

well I was running in a VM so no buttons :) but I only realised yeasterday they have actually added hardware buttons now to the VM options :roll: I should read release notes more often especially when I upgrade from 4 major versions ago lol :)

I think windows 8 is the same though power button = sleep as default
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...