I'm the maintainer for Blender Export Script.
I've started this new thread to curb the confusion of users not knowing which version of the Export Script is the up to date one.
So from now on, I declare that this will be the up to date thread for Blender Export Script. Any new updates will be mentioned here on this post. The download will always link to the latest. The link in Ogre's download page points to this thread. Hence no more confusion eh?
To clarify, this version of the exporter is meant for Blender 2.49b. Work on a Blender 2.5/2.6? exporter will start once their python API has been declared stable which at the moment(25/08/2010) is not; they are still in beta. When work on the new exporter starts, I will put up another thread to distinguish both exporter as it will be a 100% rewrite. I will continue to support this exporter as best as I can until Blender 2.49 phase out.
Wed Aug 25, 2010 [Version 1.4]
- Fixed animation track exporting to avoid XMLConverter to crash.
- Avoid sending tangent related params to XMLConverter when mesh does not have UV data.
- Materials will now fallback to Rendering Material mode when custom material template is invalid.
- Added _tex[#] handlers to material template system allowing the use of indexed base texture binding.
- Improved material warnings for better readability.
- Updated help document on feature additions.
Sun Nov 8, 2009 [Version 1.3]
- Added support for texture UV scaling and offset export to custom material template.
- Added option to disable error message when faces with no material set is found.
- Added option to apply modifiers before exporting.
- Updated help documentation with the new features.
Tue Mar 24, 2009 [Version 1.2]
- Added support for texture UV scaling and offset export to custom material template. (see help file)
Fri Feb 13, 2009 [Version 1.1a]
- Fixed a bug where when exporting armature animations with no actions being selected on the armature prior to export, the export will fail with a script error.
Sat Dec 20, 2008 [Version 1.1]
- Remove unused old image in help
- Fixed a bug where skeletal animation is not detected if armature is binded with mesh using the modifier. (Happens in Blender 2.48a due to API changes. This might break support for older blender builds. But heck, who cares about older blender builds anyways.)
Tue Dec 9, 2008 [Version 1.0]
- Added missing images on help docs.
- Made faces that doesn't have any material set defaults to "BaseWhite"
- bug fix on default material name.
- bug fix on material setting UI's behavior.
- Set as version 1.0: exporter seems stable enough with no complaints so far.
I've included the dotscene exporter for those who want to use the dotscene format. However, it follows the latest format defined in the dotscene repository. Hence those using the old dotscene loaders might have trouble with it. I probably should just get rid of this exporter since I don't use it anyways. But for the heck of it, it's there for anybody who want it. Just to be clear, I'm not the maintainer for the dotscene exporter.(I've removed it. I don't want to take responsibility over that exporter anymore as I no longer use it.)
- Download python and install: http://www.python.org/download/ (Note: Get v2.6.4. Blender is compiled against v2.6. Hence only this version will work.)
- Copy the the script and all subdirectories either into ".blender/scripts" or the user defined scripts directory.
- In the "Scripts Window" run "Scripts → Update Menus".