Hardware occlusion query scene manager talk @ Blender conf.

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Lee04
Minaton

Hardware occlusion query scene manager talk @ Blender conf.

Post by Lee04 »

Hi All

I will be giving a talk at the Blender conference in Amsterdam October 20-22.

http://www.blender.org/cms/Blender_Conference.52.0.html

This talk concerns not Blender user, but rather Blender game programmers using Ogre through the new Blender plug-in and pure Ogre projects.

The talk is about optimizing 3D scene managers using hardware occlusion query early z out with Ogre and dymaic environments 3D scene managers, I will also show how it can be used to simplify some game programming tasks the reason to this Blender talk on Ogre scene managers is the new cool Ogre Blender plug-in that allows Ogre to be used with Blender...and no I not talking about that plug-in but rather Ogre scene managers using my plug-in for a first depth pass and hardware occlusion query and early z out and dynamic scene managers for Ogre. (Which in turn can be used with Ogre through the new hip Blender plug-in system.)

http://blenderogre.home.bresnan.net/

I hope we can have more Ogre people coming to Amsterdam and meet up at the conference to speak about Ogre and Blender.

See you there

Lee04
Ph.D. student in game development
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Good luck :)
jomunoz
Goblin

Post by jomunoz »

Is there a place where can i put a feature request for thata blender Plugin.
I think that replacing the renderer is just not enough, the Blender game objects are limited and makes difficult the creation of things like billboards and GUI objects.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

He opened a discussion on it recently in the Blender forum:
http://blender3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55221
Lee04
Minaton

Post by Lee04 »

Hi all

I hope as many Ogre people as possible can come.

Blender is a free tool Ogre is a free tool, so this would be the perfect place to meet up all though it's not free ofcourse. Even I have to pay some money to get there from Sweden.

Let me know if you are attending....or else I stay home and svae my money :)
neighborlee
Halfling

Re: Hardware occlusion query scene manager talk @ Blender co

Post by neighborlee »

Lee04 wrote:Hi All

I will be giving a talk at the Blender conference in Amsterdam October 20-22.

http://www.blender.org/cms/Blender_Conference.52.0.html

This talk concerns not Blender user, but rather Blender game programmers using Ogre through the new Blender plug-in and pure Ogre projects.

The talk is about optimizing 3D scene managers using hardware occlusion query early z out with Ogre and dymaic environments 3D scene managers, I will also show how it can be used to simplify some game programming tasks the reason to this Blender talk on Ogre scene managers is the new cool Ogre Blender plug-in that allows Ogre to be used with Blender...and no I not talking about that plug-in but rather Ogre scene managers using my plug-in for a first depth pass and hardware occlusion query and early z out and dynamic scene managers for Ogre. (Which in turn can be used with Ogre through the new hip Blender plug-in system.)

http://blenderogre.home.bresnan.net/

I hope we can have more Ogre people coming to Amsterdam and meet up at the conference to speak about Ogre and Blender.

See you there

Lee04
I hear ogre pulled out of the conference, and wondering what happened ??

cheers
neighborlee
========================================
all our tomorrows hold to hope we remember the past and make today a bright reminder of our humanity and what we have to look fwd to and become..
Lee04
Minaton

Post by Lee04 »

I was hoping the Ogre community would pick up my invite to start meeting at the Blender conference in Amsterdam. But this thread has been kind of dead.

So for me to spend 400 Euro on a ticket from Sweden to talk for 30 minutes to no one concerned with Ogre amnd Blender is kind of a bummer.

Hopefully next year the Ogre community can meet up at the Blender conference.

I am right know concentration all my efforts creating images and samples for the technical art lead talk I'm giving in South Korea. Last year I gave the Amsterdam talk there. This year it's technical art stuff concerning use and misuse of tools and engines, art pipes and pitfalls when using tools from one of the biggest engine providers out there.

This year I get a ticket and hotel, limmo etc. and most importantly a crowd. There is 3000 visitors there last year from all of Asia gaming world.

In Amsterdam you get 100 Euro which doesn’t cover my traveling expenses.

But next year we will get everybody to come and we do our own Ogre side
track at the Blender conference perhaps. You all like the idea.
Then I come as a speaker or just attending