Ogre on Mac OS X 10.5 problems

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
jiuguangw
Gnoblar

Ogre on Mac OS X 10.5 problems

Post by jiuguangw »

Hi,

I'm trying to install Ogre on Mac OS X 10.5, as it is a dependency for the Gazebo project:

http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/index.php?src=gazebo

The problem is, Gazebo looks for the pkg-config file OGRE.pc that is only available for Linux (when you compile Ogre from source), but the Mac .dmg file contains only binary files. I'm wondering how I can get pkg-config to recognize my Ogre.

I've tried compiling Ogre from source using the Linux source file, unsuccessfully. There are missing files, problems with dependencies, etc. Has anyone been able to do this on OS X?

Thanks!
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

This is more of a Gazebo issue it seems, we don't support Linux-style configuration on Mac, we only support building Ogre from XCode.
Auria
Greenskin

Post by Auria »

It would be possible to just create a dummy .pc file that issues e.g. -framework Ogre and stuff like that. but when the app is built you would need to manually package it as a .app to get it to run. best tip I can recommend is to try building an XCode project with the instructions from the wiki; watch what it does. Then either create an XCode project out of the app, either add packaging scripts that do the same file copying, and create bundles, etc.