Compiling CVS problems with freetype

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Compiling CVS problems with freetype

Post by Praetor »

I saw something on this earlier, but it was a little confusing to me. When I got the latest cvs and tried to compile it complained about not finding freetype2110.lib

I have freetype, and the build freetype219.lib (plus all the other configurations). Is it a simple rename for this? What seems to be problem here? Perhaps it's an out of date dependency, or is it something else entirely?
c_dd2
Halfling

Post by c_dd2 »

Hummm, if you look at the DagonNotes (Dagon = OGRE version 1.1.0, the one that's in the CVS) that they say they've changed from FreeType 2.1.09 to 2.1.10 and so the dependencies have to be adapty in that way.

You have to use the freetype2110.lib if you can find it or compile it yourself ;)
"Who's the maddest of two? The mad or the one that's following him?"
Quote from Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness), Star Wars Episode 4.
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

Ok. Seems freetype had some strange version naming. 219 seemed to me to be higher than 2110. That clears it right up.
c_dd2
Halfling

Post by c_dd2 »

Yes, in fact, it would have been more logical naming the FreeType 2.1.09 lib freetype2109.lib and not freetype219.lib... but that's their choice ;)
"Who's the maddest of two? The mad or the one that's following him?"
Quote from Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness), Star Wars Episode 4.
nfz
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by nfz »

if you checkout this page: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=362263 you can get the new dependancies for Dagon if you are using vc7.0. Those will work with vc7.1 except you get some warnings with the debug builds at link time. I'll be posting the dependancies for vc7.1 tomorrow and Code::Blocks will come a few days later. Note that vc6.0 is not supported for Ogre 1.1 and forward so no dependancies will be posted for vc6.0.
Gundoglu
Gnoblar

Post by Gundoglu »

Pls, post the vc7.1 dependencies.
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

thank nfz. I tried to compile freetype myself and when Ogre tried to link to it I got some linker errors. I slightly modified freetype and recompiled and everything was fine, but it made me feel a little bad inside. I think i'll just grab the dependencies, instead of hoping everything works with a part of freetype commented out.
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

You need to make this change to freetype. The official dependencies will contain the same change.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

Indeed, the Freetype devs have acknowledged the problem in MSVC in 2.1.10 and are fixing it for the next version but it's safe to comment out the offending otv module in the meantime.
Praetor
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Praetor »

Ah, excellent. It made me feel dirty at the time. But, if it works...
sunetos
Greenskin

Post by sunetos »

Sorry if I missed a post about this (I just searched/wikied), but I just got back from around approx. a month off of ogre. Does this post imply that until nfz uploads the new dependencies, compiling Dagon with Code::Blocks is not possible unless I go build several 3rd party libraries myself?
nfz
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by nfz »

You will need to build CEGUI and freetype. Actually, you could get away with using Freetype 2.1.09. I am a little behind in getting things uploaded so I probably won't get the dependancies for CB uploaded until at least the end of the week.
sunetos
Greenskin

Post by sunetos »

Thanks; that worked fine. I ended up compiling freetype with the commandline "make" that came with C::B since the one from the GUI kept resulting in a 1kb libfreetype.a file, but the one from the GNU make utility worked fine with CEGUI/Ogre. If you want the libraries I built to save you time, just let me know.