Finally, it’s that time of the year, when we can happily announce our GSoC students! And with great pride we can tell you that this year we were awarded five slots by Google to fill with motivated and talented folks to help us make Ogre3D even better .
So here are the five students and their projects (in no particular order):
- Matias N. Goldberg (Mentor: Murat Sari <wolfmanfx>): “Ogre 2.0“
- Robert Sasu (Mentor: Assaf Raman <Assaf Raman>): “DirectX11 & Tesselation Samples“
- Jesse Johnson (Mentor: David Rogers <masterfalcon>): “OpenGL 3+ & Advanced Samples“
- Owen Shepherd (Mentor: David Rogers <masterfalcon>): “Resource System Redesign“
- Peter Szücs (Mentor: Murat Sari <wolfmanfx>): “Progressive Mesh Improvements“
We would like to welcome everybody to chime in the discussions and closely follow the projects, especially in the planning phase at the beginning. So please post your ideas / comments in the respective threads and perhaps even subscribe to the ones you are most interested in to make sure that you don’t miss any updates or discussions.
With that being said, it is time to get started. Best of luck and happy coding !