Good news! We finally tagged the Ogre 1.9 branch as ‘stable‘, making it the new current and recommended version. We would advise you to update wherever possible, to benefit from all the fixes and improvements that made their way into the new release.
Right now, we don’t have any published SDKs yet, since we still rely on team and community members to help with the building and packaging process and that takes some time of course (we have it on our list to automate that process, but so far there always were more pressing topics to tackle ). But I have already heard that Windows SDKs are well underway and I expect the other ones to surface soon as well. We will update the download page as they become available and also try to update the announcement thread in the forums.
So what’s next? We are already working on Ogre 1.10 which will contain the changes from three of our five GSoC 2013 projects (details in the planning thread). In parallel, the work on the revamped Ogre 2.0 will continue as well…we’ve also got a related news post upcoming that will support those efforts. But as usual, we heavily rely on you as he community to support us with JIRA tickets, tracking down bugs and creating patches and adding new features. So chime in, whenever possible. Thanks!
BTW: With the release of Ogre 1.9 and the start of development for Ogre 1.10, we took the opportunity to get back to properly using the ‘default‘ branch, meaning Ogre 1.9 has been merged into it as well as Ogre 1.10 (which then was closed off), so ‘default‘ is once again our bleeding edge for development and preparation of Ogre 1.10. Please use it as the target for all pull-requests unless they are specifically meant for either Ogre 1.9 (only bug fixes) or Ogre 2.0.