If you haven't done so already, be sure to visit the Wiki Portal to read about how the wiki works. Especially the Ogre Wiki Overview page.
Author: Derek Nedelman
Project: OgreMax Scene Exporter
Supported Versions: 2014/2013/2012/2011/2010/2009/2008/9/8, Maya 2014/2013/2012/2011/2010/2009/2008, Softimage 2013/2012/2011/2010 and XSI 7/6, Ogre 1.8/1.7.x
Home Page: www.ogremax.com
The OgreMax Scene Exporter exports scenes to the .scene format. In addition, it includes two viewer applications, scene loading source code, documentation, and sample scenes.
- Scene Export
- Custom user data
- Track/look targets
- Environment (sky box, sky dome, sky plane, environment range, fog, ambient color, shadow settings)
- Billboard sets and billboards
- Terrain (using a scene stand-in)
- Particle systems (using a scene stand-in)
- Scene node animation
- Note tracks
- Models (describes a collection of objects)
- Mesh Export
- Pose animation. Supports the Morpher modifier
- Morph animation. Any type of animation can be exported as a morph
- Skeleton animation. Supports the Skin and Physique (Character Studio) modifiers
- Export as triangles, points or lines (visible edges)
- Vertex colors
- Texture coordinates
- Submeshes (for multi-submaterials)
- Level-of-detail (LOD) generation
- XML and binary formats
- Automatic mesh instances
- Material export
- Custom Ogre material type and a real time material viewer
- Full Ogre material support when using custom Ogre material type
- Custom Ogre material integrates with the 3DS Max "render to texture" feature, making it easy to create and use precalculated lighting maps
- Bitmap export
- Copy/convert scene bitmaps to output directory
- Custom Scene Viewports
- Preview scene objects and their animations in real-time
- OgreMax material changes shown instantly within viewports
- Create as many viewports as you want, either embedded within the standard viewports or free-floating above the main user interface
- Other features
- Terrain height and color map generation
- Cube map generation
- Video-file to image-files conversion
- Custom helper type
- Loads .scene, .model, .mesh and .zip files
- Look through any scene camera.
- Available for Windows, OS X, Android, iOS, and Ouya.
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
As an exception, any source code contributed within the content is released into the Public Domain.