If you haven't done so already, be sure to visit the Wiki Portal to read about how the wiki works. Especially the Ogre Wiki Overview page.
Author: Henry 'Spooky Boo' van Merode
Project: External Project (Particle Universe plugin)
Type: OGRE Plugin and Editor
Supported Platforms: Windows
Documentation: Included in the package
The Particle Universe plugin is a particle engine developed in C++, which can be used as a plugin in Ogre, the open source 3D renderering engine. Create your own amazing effects using the advanced scripting possibilities and make use of the supplied presets and samples. The Particle Universe package includes an Editor, a plugin, API description and a Manual that helps you to easily create explosions, smoke, rain, snow, blood squibs, fire and more.
For references in which games it has already been used, have a look at the media section on the plug-in's homepage.
Note: Particle Universe isn't for free any more, but 9.95€ is a really fair price for such a great and complete package.
- Timeslider to see a particle system running in slow motion
- Realtime editting; change the properties while the particle system runs
- TreeControl to categorize the particle systems
- Basic material editor; create new materials / edit existing ones and immediately see the result
- Dialog for the Colour Affector (similar to edit gradients in Photoshop)
- Dialog for editting control points, used for properties which value is calculated based on a 'Curve'
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
As an exception, any source code contributed within the content is released into the Public Domain.