If you haven't done so already, be sure to visit the Wiki Portal to read about how the wiki works. Especially the Ogre Wiki Overview page.
Author: JosÃ© MuÃ±iz
Project: OGRE Add-on Project (cal3d2ogre)
Type: Command-line Tool
Sources: OGRE Addons CVS
Binaries: not available yet
Status and bug reports: OGRE Forum Thread
This exporter converts geometry, skeletons, animations and materials from binary and XML CAL3D files (cmf, csf, caf, crf, xmf, xsf, xaf, xrf) to Ogre3D mesh, skeleton and material file formats without needing other tools. It compiles on Windows (only a VC++ 2005 solution provided). Linux/Mac version pending.
- converts geometry, skeletons, animations and materials from binary and XML CAL3D files
- parses CAL3D config files (cfg)
- outputs binary or XML files
- keeps UV mapping
- converts normals
- option to keep +Z axis as up (default behavior swaps Y and Z axes, so +Y is up)
- manual scaling factor for the resulting mesh
- selectable triangle winding for output
- converts LODs
This project is released under the ZLib license. Read the documentation before using it, though, because a few files have a different license. These files can be left out during compilation putting
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
As an exception, any source code contributed within the content is released into the Public Domain.