[solved] Tutorial 0 crash


17-03-2007 15:42:39

I get the following error when I try to run tutorial 0:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in OgreTest.exe

Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'Mogre, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies

I have Mogre and Mogre Framework (both latest versions).

I have the CFG files (with resources.cfg being updated with the absolute path) in the bin/debug folder (running debug build).

I have added both Mogre.dll and MogreFramework.dll references to the project and those DLL's are existing in bin/debug as well.

I have the PATH variable set to include "c:\sdk\ogresdk\bin\debug;c:\sdk\ogresdk\bin\release" at the end.

I seem to have missed something.. though, I had a similar problem running Tutorial 0 on the C/C++ version of Ogre (that's why I am now trying Mogre). Maybe my computer does not like it... :?


17-03-2007 17:56:45

Do you run the Debug Assemblies or did you just copy the Retail Assemblies to the /Debug folder?

He Who Is

17-03-2007 22:45:01

I have the same problem. As far as what assemblies I'm using, it's just the retail assemblies. I just added the Bin/Release/Mogre.dll and Bin/Release/MogreFramework.dll as references in VS 2005. That's all it said to do int the tutorial itself. Should I go and change the tutorial on the Wiki? If so, could you explain again what needs to be done, just to be sure?


18-03-2007 00:50:10

I first used the ones in bin/Release, but then I changed to bin/Debug just in case that was the cause.

He Who Is

18-03-2007 01:10:35

The strange thing about it, though, is that the problem occurs when I call "go()" on the OgreWindow. If it can't load the assembly, then it seems like I should be getting the error when I first create the OgreWindow.

EDIT:I searched the forums, and found that this is a well-known problem. I found 8 other posts on it. Unfortunately, the few instances that had been solved all used different fixes, none of which have worked me.

He Who Is

18-03-2007 04:21:15

I fixed it!

Just click here[/url to download and install the SP1 vcredist_x86. Then it should work.


18-03-2007 08:18:56

No, that is not the problem. I have those files already, since I have Visual Studio 2005 installed, I do not really need those files. It must be something else I have missed.

EDIT: Uhm.. I swapped from the bin/debug DLLs to the bin/release DLLs, and all of the sudden it worked.. even though I did try those DLLs yesterday for a couple of times without results. Thanks for all the help guys :)