Howdy, I've tried various things to get debug to work but I still keep getting the 'app.go' lock error. I'm using service pack 2 and setting the debug working directory to the /debug with the dll's. It's SO frustrating to not have debug mode
I'm wrong too.
In that link you can read how Bekas solved a similar problem (i.e. with SP1 installed).
I am also new to MOGRE and after getting it working properly, had to format due to other circumstances and found I had to get MOGRE working properly again.
I dont know if all these steps are required or even relevant, but here is how I got it working 100% with debug and release builds.
1. Downloaded Visual Studio C# Express 2005 and installed it.
2. Downloaded Visual Studio C++ Express 2005 and installed it.
3. Downloaded Visual Studio C# Express 2005 Service Pack 1 and installed it.
4. Downloaded Visual Studio C++ Express 2005 Service Pack 1 and installed it.
5. Downloaded MOGRE SDK and installed it.
6. Updated my PATH environmental variable to point to the OgreSDK\bin\debug and \release directories.
Once that was done, I checked my windows\WinSxS directory to check that the two directories that Bekas told me to ensure existed where there...
Which they were, after that I fired up Visual Studio and everything worked peachy.
Before I installed the C++ service pack, I also was getting the app.go lock error, the minute it was installed everything worked 100%. I hope this helps!