trying the demos, Module use of python27.dll conflicts...

Hegemege

28-02-2011 18:27:11

Hi!

I have all set up as told in the installation guide but I get this error when I try running any of the demos in demos/ogre. The error is on line 10 in the __init__.py in C:\hp\bin\Python\lib\site-packages\ogre\renderer\OGRE and the line 10 is

from _ogre_ import *

I tried checking the _ogre_.pyd file but I am not sure where I should change the Python version ogre needs(do I need to). Installation guide said that 2.6 is good but error says that I'm missing python27.dll.

So, I installed 2.7 and when I ran the Demo_Basic.py I got this error message: Module use of python27.dll conflicts with this version of python. Huh? I don't want to install only 2.7 because pygame doesn't support 2.7 and I use pygame quite a lot but then again if they are installed on top of each other I get some random errors like above from other modules. Should I just move on and install only 2.7 and would it fix the problem?

Yeah and when I installed python-ogre I had to rename one of the folders (it was packages-2.7) to 2.5 so that it could finish the setup.py

EDIT: I first installed the 1.7.2 version and looking at the filename it requires python 2.7 but I removed the files from my C:\python-ogre path and installed the 1.7.1 version instead. Are there other files I need to remove so that it can run on Python 2.6?

EDIT2: Installed only the 2.7 version of Python and still get the error: Module use of python27.dll conflicts with this version of python. Also, when I open any of the Demos in IDLE and hit F5 I get this: ImportError: No module named ogre.renderer.OGRE

dermont

02-03-2011 04:34:59

It looks like there is still another version of python being picked up, maybe in your Environment Variables Path (?)

http://groups.google.com/group/python-o ... bd38b89846

You could try updating your Environment path so that Python27 is picked up first or running a demo from the the dos/command prompt(??):
c:\Python27\python.exe Demo_CameraTracking.py
or
SET PATH=c:\Python27;%PATH%
python Demo_CameraTracking.py

It's been some time since I've python on Windows so you will probably need to amend the above accordingly.

Hegemege

02-03-2011 14:00:00

Thanks for the reply, fixing the PATH at least made the missing dll/module use... error disappear but now I get this error message:

No module named ogre.renderer.OGRE

So do I need to add something else to the PATH or did I miss something when I installed python-ogre?

dermont

02-03-2011 15:03:37

Check where you have actually installed python-ogre. My guess would be that you have installed the current version which is for python2.7 in your python2.6 directory.

Check to see if python-ogre is installed in either of these directories:
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\ogre and C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\ogre

If you don't want to change your Environment Variables Path to pick up python2.7, then I think to install python-ogre(python2.7) you will have to:

From dos/command prompt and where you have unzipped python-ogre to:
> echo %PATH% (see whats actually in your path)
> SET PATH=c:\Python27;%PATH%
> python -V (check it's 2.7)
> python setup install

and to run a demo as before:
> SET PATH=c:\Python27;%PATH%
> python Demo_CameraTracking.py

It could there is some other issue but first check everything is installed correctly.

Hegemege

02-03-2011 17:49:53

Alrighty, I noticed that neither Python26 nor Python27 had the ogre installed in them, it seems it was only in the hp/ etc. directory.

So, I got it installed in Python27 but when I go to the directory with the demos and run any of the demo it looks like it loads up some resource groups and whatnot, but when it goes to *-*-*OGRE initialising it throws an
"OgreInternalErrorException: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): ../media/packs/OgreCore.zip - error whilst opening an archive: Unable to read zip file."
And then there's OGRE Shutdown and it unregisteres and unloads the plugins and other bunch of stuff. I checked the PATH that C:\Python27 is there. Both the cameratracking and the basic demo do that(probably not with exactly same output), so what should I do now? I attached a screenshot of cmd with the part of OGRE initialising and shutdown for both the CameraTracking and Basic_Demo(basic being the upper and camera being the lower window)
PS: Thanks for your help so far :)

dermont

02-03-2011 18:19:28

You need the media files to run the demos. I know the link refers to 1.7.1 but I don't think there is one for 1.7.2, anyway the media shouldn't have changed and you should be able to run all the demos:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/python ... z/download

You should unzip the media dir into your demos dir, so you will have something like:

c:\python-ogre (or wherever you are running the demos from).
demos
cegui
media
ogre

Then you should be good to go.

Hegemege

02-03-2011 19:27:57

Thanks for all the help, it works now. :) Kudos+ for you!

dermont

02-03-2011 22:03:28

Also if you are running multiple versions of python on Windows you should read the following thread:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/asp ... puter.aspx

You can create a couple of command files that are picked up somewhere in your path:

python27.bat

c:\Python27\python.exe %*

python26.bat

c:\Python26\python.exe %*

Then just run python26/ python27 <foo.py>