Thank you to everyone who has been along all these many years! This release wouldn’t have been possible without you!
Thank you to every contributor (code, documentation, forum posts, art assets), to every user, to every tester that made Ogre 2.1 as stable as it is now.
This is my first experience building a binary SDK distribution. I’m used to linking to binaries built from source. If you see issues with it, ping me in the forums.
First major release
- Hlms (High Level Material System) to generate shaders automatically. Replaces RTSS and manual shaders
- PBS – Physically Based Shading
- New Compositor. More flexible, faster and powerful
- Refactored Ogre 1.x to increase performance by several factors; using cache friendly techniques (Data Oriented Design), SIMD instructions, AZDO (Aproaching Zero Driver Overhead), auto instancing, and multithreading
- Windows Vista/7/8/10 support, macOS via Metal and OpenGL, iOS via Metal, Linux via OpenGL
- Many new features: Area lights, Parallax Corrected Cubemaps, Forward Clustered lights, HDR, Exponential Shadowmaps and more